Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Auto-Save?

So, I have set myself the challenge to complete all Skills, all collections, every aspiration and also reach the top of every career branch (I have two sims in the save so each one will have a different branch of the careers) so that the household has every unlockable, every collection etc. I have also been playing without the aid of any mods (including MCCC), however, just when I finally got them to complete every single skill (a few boring sim weeks with different lot traits to help them earn each skill as quick as possible whilst also completing each Location Aspiration (Strangerville was a nightmare to complete twice but oh well) I realised I hadn't saved in a while so I clicked save and whilst saving my game just after completing the City Living Aspiration the game crashed on me. I opened it back up to find out that I am now back in Strangerville and I feel so annoyed that I spent so much time and effort the last few days on this freaking save.

I am also now considering reinstalling the MCCC just so I can bring my sims back to where they were quickly without wasting more hours of my time, which to me doesn't seem like a cheat at all in this challenge just because my Mac decided to be a little pain and crash my game!

Is there anyway I can autosave on the game or is that not a thing?
Antonia Louise <3

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I believe, they got rid of auto-save as far as I am aware, some patches ago.
  • pineapple08pineapple08 Posts: 2 New Member
    Auto save would be really useful, we have lost several games due to computer crashing etc. And no reinstalling MCCC def isnt cheating
    :)
  • salemcsalemc Posts: 5 New Member
    I WISH more than ANYTHING there was an autosave! I got the Sims 4 base game for free, but I have bought expansions. I have spent I think $80 on the game, so I have more than paid back what the cost on release was by buying these packs. The thing I really don't appreciate is paying this much and having the Get To Work expansion crash my game 50% of the time I choose to join my sim at work! Every time this happens and I lose sometimes hours of progress, it's infuriating! I hate it! It would be so much better with an autosave feature so I could at least recover my data when I reboot the game instead of losing everything. My girlfriend has the PS4 version and IT autosaves, so why not the Origin one??? My official expansion packs I bought with real money BREAKS MY GAME and I often LOSE A LOT of stuff when it does! Literally implementing an autosave would make this not even be an issue. I don't mind having to reboot games, it's something that tends to happen often for me as I don't spare much RAM on my computer. But even when I do spare plenty of RAM for the Sims this gamebreaking glitch/bug still happens and on top of rebooting I lose everything. It's made me so unreasonably angry that I have refused to play the game for days at a time because it just leaves such a bad taste in my mouth that I would rather just not play the game if me playing it has zero payoff when half the time (or more, honestly) I lose everything.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Autosave was removed back in 2017 (I think) because that's when the new save system wiped out all my saves (overwrote them and put the wrong household faces on the wrong saves etc.).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I actually disliked auto save myself. It could happen at the most inopportune times. I just got into the habit of saving after something game important happened. Not perfect and I sometimes forget but I haven't had any crashing issues in 4 so been lucky. (Knock Wood) etc etc
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don't remember autosave in this game, but it must have existed before I switched over from TS3. And I can't remember whether we had it in TS3, but I believe the system in TS2 was that it auto-saved every time you left the lot, which worked pretty well for me.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    There is an autosave mod, unfortunately it looks like it's outdated at present. The MCCC mod has a built in autosave in it, btw.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited September 2019
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I actually disliked auto save myself. It could happen at the most inopportune times. I just got into the habit of saving after something game important happened. Not perfect and I sometimes forget but I haven't had any crashing issues in 4 so been lucky. (Knock Wood) etc etc

Me too. It always seemed to save after something happened I didn't want to save. I like being able to quit without saving and fix an issue. My first computer with Sims 2 crashed all the time, so I got into the habit of saving every few minutes and have done it since. I can see why auto save as an optional feature might be nice though for people who want it.

Edited to add: I didn't even start playing the game until a few months ago, and when I first started playing my game auto saved. It must have been before I fully updated. I didn't have anything but the base game and GTW at the time. I don't remember when I noticed it wasn't doing it anymore.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'd have to be able to turn off autosave if they brought it back. I don't want the game to decide when to save for me. Sure I mess up but a good power outage puts me in my place for months.
    I wanted to say I do feel for you OP... I've lost weeks of play that made me rage quit for a full 3 days... but basically I always save after doing something big or even daily on my sim.
    egTcBMc.png