Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims sitting on the floor

First of all sorry for that if there was similar topic already.

I noticed too many sims sit on the floor instead chairs very close to them.
It happened to my guests in kava party, celebs in the starlight accolades, and few more events.

Has anyone seen this recently? I wonder if it is bug or crash.
(I use only MCCC.)

It is hilarious to see all the party guests drink kava while sitting on floor. It looks like they are worshiping my sim LOL

Comments

• ZorxTomZorxTom Posts: 3 New Member
    Hah, that is pretty funny! I don't know much about bugs, but I don't think that's a bug. Maybe they like drinking on the floor! :D
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    I have never seen a sim sit on the floor unless they were doing flashcards with a toddler or roasting marshmallows around a fire or weeding/planting. Do sims normally do this???
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have never seen a sim sit on the floor unless they were doing flashcards with a toddler or roasting marshmallows around a fire or weeding/planting. Do sims normally do this???

They do it a lot in University in sims 2 and 3

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    I've seen it happen in my game a few times. I usually direct my sims to sit on a chair and that solves it. But it does seem bugged. It only happens at the starlight accolades when all seats are taken I think, but I haven't attended the ceremony in a while.
    Not sure if it's related, but there seems to be a general aversion to sitting down. I've noticed sims often keep standing when they eat, even if the dining table is right in front of them. And they also tend to do that when watching television.
    It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to notice it.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sims love to kneel on the floor to do their homework.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I love it when they do that, as I myself prefer to sit on the floor. But I hope it can be player directed
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • olvrbsnolvrbsn Posts: 45 Member

Seriously why are you doing this Sulani dudes?!?!?!
    Xq9EomE.png
    ZorxTom wrote: »
    Hah, that is pretty funny! I don't know much about bugs, but I don't think that's a bug. Maybe they like drinking on the floor! :D

and yeah I guess so haha :D:D
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    On the bright side if you're a heavy drinking sim, there's nowhere to fall off!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    olvrbsn wrote: »

First of all sorry for that if there was similar topic already.

I noticed too many sims sit on the floor instead chairs very close to them.
    It happened to my guests in kava party, celebs in the starlight accolades, and few more events.

Has anyone seen this recently? I wonder if it is bug or crash.
    (I use only MCCC.)

It is hilarious to see all the party guests drink kava while sitting on floor. It looks like they are worshiping my sim LOL

I haven't played that much in Sulani, true enough, but the devs derived this 'ritual' from somewhere, plus may have added their own twist to it, but it may be one drinks kava while on the floor. Think of the Japanese Tea Ceremony. The 'chairs' they sit on are very low, so that they may as well be sitting on the floor. This could be something similar. Or, it could be a bug. Oh, but should my game be stricken with such a bug, especially during a wedding ceremony! To have my Sims sit then, would be an absolute blessing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It looks weird. :D
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yep mine are doing it a lot
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    It's called Hanging out in the sims games and sims sit on the ground to talk and hang out. They have been doing this since Sims 2 University.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I've heard that sitting on the ground is healthier than sitting in a chair.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    I don't think I have the EP that lets them sit on the floor, but they aren't that good at finding the seats I've put out for them. The couch closest to the bookcase, will they use it while reading? No! Lets sit at the dinner table that's further away! Or ALL guests standing by the fridge and eating instead of going to the backyard where I have plenty of tables and chairs.
    I've heard that sitting on the ground is healthier than sitting in a chair.

Depends on what part of your body you're having problems with, and what kind of problems.
    (I love sitting on the floor and have done so all my life, but as of this year my knees have been acting up and maybe I have to learn to sit in a new way)

• olvrbsnolvrbsn Posts: 45 Member
    I haven't played that much in Sulani, true enough, but the devs derived this 'ritual' from somewhere, plus may have added their own twist to it, but it may be one drinks kava while on the floor. Think of the Japanese Tea Ceremony. The 'chairs' they sit on are very low, so that they may as well be sitting on the floor. This could be something similar. Or, it could be a bug. Oh, but should my game be stricken with such a bug, especially during a wedding ceremony! To have my Sims sit then, would be an absolute blessing.

If the 'ritual' is really a thing in Sulani, that would be so awesome!