Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unwanted Autonomous Alien Memory Erase Issue

I'm having an issue with unwanted memory erase that I didn't trigger. I have an alien couple and have had the relationship memory wiped twice on the same couple. One moment everything is fine then the next the relationship is wiped. Why is this occurring? No one in the household has more than a lvl 1 in mischief. The couple gets along well and is married with kids. The first time was when the romantic relationship was just starting off, the second time was last night after the relationship had been established for a long time. There was no flirting, fighting or jealousy issues. One half of the couple went to a dance club and came home and sometime after that is when I noticed it last night. I haven't seen the memory wipes happen at all. The relationship memory was wiped for one sim the first time and both sims the second time. Weird.

I repaired my game to see if that would fix the issue and a couple of other issues I've been having with that game save.
Is the couple trying to tell me they want to go their separate ways? Is it a bug? An issue with a setting in MCCC (which I am playing with in this game)? Help me, Simmer Hive Mind, you're my only hope...for not having to rebuild the relationship with this couple again.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't know what triggers it, but I've had it autonomously happen to mine a couple of different times in the past. Once was while my sim was in the romantic stage of her relationship. At the time I was thinking well maybe he doesn't want to be involved with my sim, but he kept coming around and eventually they were married and had a couple of children. Throughout their whole marriage, everything went fine until just before he passed away. He ended up pulling the same stunt on his wife again. That was the only time I ever had any issues with that.
  • Options
    I just came across a mod that deals with family members erasing members.

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/13802-no-autonomous-alien-memory-erase-get-to-wok-ep/
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I just came across a mod that deals with family members erasing members.

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/13802-no-autonomous-alien-memory-erase-get-to-wok-ep/

It's blocked access, is the mod available somewhere else?
  • Options
    Sorry, it is the only place they have their mods. But if you want to get past the blocked access, you'll need to sign up, it is completely free.
  • Options
    Soup988unkindSoup988unkind Posts: 1 New Member
    Only save on Xbox it only started happening with one of my alien Sims when I had them like mischief and once I had her like of deleted it didn't happen or the frequency of it at least, hope that helps any other Xbox users!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I had that happen once, with a couple who had just gotten married. I immediately created a mod for myself that got rid of that action being autonomous. Seriously, why was it EVER made to be autonomous? What were the devs thinking?
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Hmmmm. Weird. Do you autonomous mischief turned on in MCCC? Sims will do autonomous mischief interactions and that may have caused it. Also did the night club have the convivial or mean lot traits? Some lot traits will also increase mischief, funny and mean interactions based on the trait. Especially convivial. Could be hubby used the erase memory as a joke. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    One of my early sims married an alien and had six alien children. One of the younger children, a teen at the time, autonomously erased her mother’s memory and they went from being good friends to acquaintances. I was not happy!
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I don't play with aliens so I've never had this happen to me before, but if I were in your position I would use MC Tuner to disable autonomy for memory erase.

Click on your sim and choose MC Command Center > MC Tuner > Enable Autonomy Scan. After it's enable, click on the ground with the sim you enable it on and choose Autonomy Commands > Search All Autonomous Interactions then type in the interaction you want to disable (in this case Memory Erase) and select it.

In your MCCC folder in your mods, you'll have a mc_tuner.cfg file that will save all your interactions you've disabled so when you update the mod don't delete that file.

I use MC Tuner to disable a lot of annoying interactions like trolling the forums and excessive TV watching.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    It's part of the alien autonomy for sure. I have an alien that's one of my main characters. She's wrecked progress on a couple of relationships when I've had her on autonomy.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    This happens in my game and I don't have mods. Aliens are odd. It's like they're from another planet or something