Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Miss the Repo Man?

124...Next

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Utilities getting turned off is better.
    I like the utilities being turned off. While playing, I might think that my family will d fine without water or power for a few days, but I always get surprised how they depends on these services. If anyone watched my Free Will Show they have witnessed a horrible home much thanks to bills not being paid on time, LOL.

That said, I also miss the Repo Man, he was such a great Simmish feature in a way. I hated it when he took items that could not be replaced, but it still added a certain fear to his character.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    Does the repo man bring back the items when you've paid the bills, or are they gone forever?

They were gone until you replaced them. I always just paused when he came on the lot so I could follow him and see what he took. Then as soon as I had just enough I'd replace it. I never had a repo man take something hard to replace like collectables, because I generally sold them. I still rarely keep collectables around.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I liked the repo man more than utilities getting turned off.
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    They were gone until you replaced them. I always just paused when he came on the lot so I could follow him and see what he took. Then as soon as I had just enough I'd replace it. I never had a repo man take something hard to replace like collectables, because I generally sold them. I still rarely keep collectables around.

Same here! When I heard repo man/burglar music, I hit pause and looked for the culprit. You couldn't stop them, but you could find and follow them. Burglars were Sims in-game and I'd hover over them to take down their names, then find them later for revenge.

4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    I know in old sims game you can stop and fighting Burglars if your sims are stronger, I wish it's work on repo as well.
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    I actually didn't like the repo man, I would usually just go find out what he took and replace it *shrug*
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I like both. I've always used money cheats so it was never an issue to just replace what the repo man took.
  • AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    I actually kind of don't have a preference, really, but I would say I like the repo man slightly better. However, I did not like the music that played when he came in TS2 because it scared me. Not as bad as the racoon/burglar music in TS1, but still.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Repo technically is illegal - people cannot come into your house and legally just take stuff. We also have laws to defend our property here - so it would never be wise. Legally and safely It has to be done in a courtroom if it is in your home and for the court to tell you to pay up or give the item back to the creditor. Usually there are police involved in the process on your property. In the USA though it is never smart to go onto someones property and try and take stuff. I believe the only thing a repo person can actually take off of your property is a vehicle in the USA. They cannot even go in your garage to do it either from my understanding and usually have a court order to remove the vehicle if it is in your drive way.

I do like the fact they shut off water and lights when the bills are not paid - that is realistic and legal.

You realize this is a game of make believe and not actual life...right?

I think people want more negative consequences. Like I would love if a bad investment in the business career could wipe out a sims finances, I think if you continue not to pay bills after a shut off then yes, send in the repo man to take things away. I wish fires were harder to put out without mods, I wish cheating on your spouse and getting caught meant they weren't speaking to you for days and would leave the room when you enter. Silly quirky consequences that make you really consider each decision you make for your sims, life is challenging and it would be fun if navigating S4 was a little more so as well.
  • SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    The Repo Man was a little silly but I couldn’t help but laugh whenever he came :D

I like the power/water getting shut off to just not as much.
  • AgrestAgrest Posts: 28 Member
    Always hated whenever repo man showed up, but now I miss him. Maybe it's stockholm syndrome.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    The repo man was originally entertaining in TS1, but I grew INCREDIBLY tired of them in The Sims 2, in part because I used a Big Bills mod, and when they visited, they could be there a while.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Anyone have any screenshots of the return of the repo man at work?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I need a simple 'No' option. I've played TS2+3+4 and I don't miss the repo-man.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• DoktorBonkDoktorBonk Posts: 30 Member
    I'd MUCH rather have the utilities turned off than the Repoman. It's more realistic, and a lot less annoying. Like, when the Repoman steals essential items for a Sim to live, that's just super inconvenient and grinds my gears! Luckily I don't have to deal with him anymore since Sims 2 isn't Mac compatible xD All I play is Sims 4 now!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Well looks like the repoman is back now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • zuzix99zuzix99 Posts: 9 New Member
    I've only played Sims 4, but the repo man sounds better.
    Could we have a repowoman?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    NO! Never liked him!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Anyone have any screenshots of the return of the repo man at work?

i got video of him :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/dx1gli/everyones_favorite_repoman_is_back/
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    zuzix99 wrote: »
    Could we have a repowoman?

he spawned with repo-person as his title in my game, so i'm assuming it will randomly generate a townie female or male.
  • Hak_vinHak_vin Posts: 32 Member
    Omg everytime I never realized I haven't payed my sim's bills and the repoman came in, I'd always get surprised when I see him. Hey, at least I can always replace what he takes. :smiley: