Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Apartments/Apartment complexes/buildings

I've seen this mentioned in master threads about various topics but didn't see any recent threads about this in terms of suggestions.

I have City Living but am not happy with any of the apartments & would like to build my own like I did in Sims2 and Sims3.

I'm not sure how apartments work & how things are flagged for them in Sims4, but I recall in a previous game (can't remember if it was 2 or 3) there were room markers to designate apartment space vs public space.

What I would like:
  • Build, select, & group rooms in to different apartments (the pre-made apartments already have the parameters established so there must be some way to flag it)
  • Mark some areas as private apartments that can be rented or purchased by sims
  • Allow sims to purchase multiple apartments and sublet to other sims to earn $
  • Allow sims to own entire buildings & allow other sims to rent them (this would come with a landlord career or job)
  • Mark some areas as communal but only for residents of the apartments + sims who have been invited over
  • Mark some areas as public so that any sim can visit & use the facilities
  • Have communal pools, gardens, gyms, playgrounds, park/barbecue areas
  • Have apartments where children/babies are banned
  • Have apartments where pets are banned
  • Have apartments where only elderly sims are allowed to live but can have younger visitors but they have to leave at a specific time
  • Set hours for communal areas to be open (have specific hours or allow them to always be open)
  • Have parking garages/spaces/areas designated for sims based on what apartment they live in (if vehicles ever get added). Sims could also purchase/rent additional parking spots for other family members and/or guests
  • Have apartments designated as pet friendly with play areas for pets
  • Have apartments designated as kid friendly- perhaps with daycare available for working sims
  • Allow for basement apartments with private access or access from within a lobby
  • Allow for separate buildings to be rented like at a trailer park or small apartment complex
  • Have a cafeteria for sims who don't want to cook their own meals & allow for meal delivery to apartments for elderly sims (or sims who don't want to go out)
  • Have a vending machine area for sims who just want a cheap snack
  • Have a party/bar area that can be used as a venue for weddings, birthday parties, bachelor parties, or whatever sort of party where there can be catering & there can be a vendor that dispenses drinks from a bar

That's all I can think of for now. Anyone have any other ideas/suggestions for apartments?

Comments

• Jbird545Jbird545 Posts: 2 New Member
    Can we get some devs to see this somehow? I keep seeing this as a request for years now and it seems to just get swept under the rug every time.
  • RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    YES!! I was so disappointing when I installed the City Living EP to find that I couldn't make my own multi-family lots. For me it would be that I really want to make things such as co-op lots and row houses. Hopefully the devs will see this because every time there is an update I hope that it will include this feature and I am always disappointed ):
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I wonder if tiny living stuff will work for apartments. Like, can someone make a tiny apartment in a shell for it to count?
  • BlondePhatBlondePhat Posts: 7 New Member
    Apartments would be so great, with the option to buy or rent, One's that do and dont allow pets too!
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Having the real option to create our own apartments in the game would be great, though there's already a way to create them now with roommates. Just build an apartment complex, have some roommates and lock the doors so that only the respective residents of the apartment can enter. They'd also pay rent to help with the higher bills (since every apartment is technically yours). I never tried it, I just found this suggestion on reddit and it could definitely be worth a try for those who want to have their own apartments).
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thanks for that info, @Huiie_07! I will have to see how the room-mate thing works if I create an apartment. I suppose I could have a house where one Sim lives in a basement & another lives on an upper floor, or I could try having side by side places.
  • smallrpgfansmallrpgfan Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes! I would love to be able to build my own apartment buildings/complexes. If there'd be a way to do it and still play 1 family at a time, while blocking out the others, that'd work. So basically the existing gameplay for the apartments, just that we can design our own buildings ♥️