Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better ghosts update for fall season?

I really want some ghosts to be more mischevious and more ghost like versus just sims that float through walls. I would even like a game pack dedicated to mischevious ghosts.
The game pack or update could be really cool and it would be perfect right before realm of magic.

Better ghosts update for fall season? 75 votes

I like ghosts the way they are
40%
icmnfrshLaBlue0314Colorist40lisamwittIsb917Mariefoxprice83VuloriLizzychicagokeenowtaydevthelawtmanblueyblueskyLissyK9SummerStreakQueenMercyEnkiSchmidtHermitgirlHopeyStarrAtreya33NorthDakotaGamer 30 votes
I want more mischevious ghosts
60%
honeypooh1267brackencat31IcewolfSamadamsPlayerjeepjeepcatPlayerSinger2010trifidmeerkatDJQ1308LustianiciaPegasysHestiaspice3EchovaZeldaboy180wormstache999Trashmagicannaliese39MaggieMarleySims4MagicalTalessillyangel0906 45 votes

Comments

• jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Some ghost in my game are already mischievous enough. I don't think I need even more mischievous ones.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I totally agree with jj.
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 297 Member
    Just more mischevious interactions like possession or scaring, more abilities. If you have an evil sim and he dies is he a mischevious or evil ghost? Maybe im not aware of all the interactions. I just wish they were a little more scary or ghostly than they seem to be but i guess people like them to be basically a sim who can float through walls.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i want a fear emotion so that sims can actually be afraid of ghosts. and i'd like to see the ghost hunter career return.
    i like this trait/skill idea too (can go with the career).

yXxLkAI.png

comment from this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxpCUMJ-HK8
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    anything to make them less boring and more fun to play.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I miss Sims 2 ghosts so much.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    I’d like to see less broken objects and more spooky things. Different sounds when they spawn and having more of an impact of fright when a Sim sees a ghost.

On top of that, the “Coward” trait having a comeback would be a nice touch in a free patch.
    Post edited by Hestia on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I want an update that prevents ghosts from being treated like regular Sims... I'm sick of Sims who have passed away still being included in my relationship panel... and I'm annoyed whenever I see a ghost casually dancing at a club and communicating with other Sims as if it's normal. Also, them calling me to have a casual conversation is ridiculous too.

Also, not exactly about ghosts, but I would really love to see them finally patch in cemeteries... and allow us to have access to non-played Sims' tombstones. Even if they would just give us the access to their urns and tombstones, I would be happy... because I can always just make a small park or something and use it as a cemetery. I just wish we could have access to the tombstones of non-played Sims. It's annoying that we can't.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    For me they are fine right now, except for the automatic culling. I think there are other things I would prefer in an update.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Can't really vote on this one, cause the only ghosts in my game are the island elementals that my sims can summon, OR if I ever decide to take my sims to ghost nights at bars. Which won't happen, really...unless I decide to take my sims to a bar, and it happens to be ghost night without me knowing..... :#
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    A Spooky update with better ghosts and a fear emotion would be awesome. While I hated the fact you couldn't contact ghosts in Sims 3 in anyway unless you're on a lot with them, I feel as if that was better than just treating them like normal sims that change color.
    Hestia wrote: »
    On top of that, the “Coward” trait having a comeback would be a nice touch in a free patch.
    Please Maxis we need this trait back. I miss having sims randomly run out of the house screaming only to find out it was because of bonehilda or the fact they got slapped instead of something dangerous like a fire.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    i want a fear emotion so that sims can actually be afraid of ghosts. and i'd like to see the ghost hunter career return.

yXxLkAI.png

comment from this video:

this.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hmm...on one hand, it would be nice if ghosts had more specific behavior for flavor.

On the other hand, the ghosts in my game tend to wreck my stuff a lot. And the ones in Sims 2 woke up my sleeping sims just to scare them (and they can't go back to sleep if their energy bar is more than half full). The ones in Sims 3 also woke my sims up because of the autonomous disgust interaction, which I had to mod out because it was so irritating.

Given these experiences, I'm fine with their current level of obnoxiousness
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    jj_____ wrote: »
    Some ghost in my game are already mischievous enough. I don't think I need even more mischievous ones.

This! Some of my ghosts let well enough alone but others can't go a minute without breaking a sink. ^_^;;
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I feel like ghosts are just transparent versions of regular sims. My sims don't even have a negative reaction to them anymore. I'd love them to be more mischievous and for my sims to actually be a little bit scared of them again! So I'd absolutely love for them to be updated like this!
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member

yXxLkAI.png

comment from this video:

This is just what I was thinking of! The TS2 hauntings were way more interesting!
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I just want to take away their cell phones. I've never been fond of the ghosts and don't want them in the game. I always send my dead Sims permanently to the hereafter, but there's nothing I can do about the Sims who die on other lots, or who aren't even in the world. When that Sim who sold my Sim a plate of food finally dies, it's such a relief...until his ghost starts to text my Sim non-stop about 'going into the city to catch a show'. Look, dude, you had a two-minute meaningless interaction with my Sim. You are not friends. You are not even acquaintances. Die, just die already. And stay dead.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2019
    I do want some changes for ghosts but I don't want them made more mischievous (so I voted this way because I didn't want the other option) They already break stuff if not controlled and leave puddles. Sims get tense around them and uncomfortable. They have mischievous interactions.
    Personally if they revamp them I want it to be after a fear emotion revamp. Then traits either the ghost has or sims have that would cause people to fear them or not fear them. I'd really love to see where Grim takes them when they die, what the process is.. maybe an aspiration or some way for the living to see this place also.. along with more interactions with Grimmy and living sims/ghosts.

I also don't want a blanket fear emotion toward ghosts.. not sure if they should make that some trait the ghost has or that living sims have. I like the idea of them giving off a comfortable, loving vibe or something darker that causes a fear reaction. There are people that want romance with ghosts and have child, parent relationships ect. To make them all cause bad reactions would wreck all sorts of ways people would want to play with them and wreck ways people play with them now.

Also... they have no time to make a pack like this before a pack or even a patch that could make significant changes. These things don't happen that quickly. They gave us an indication of how long the process is by showing us how they did the laundry stuff pack. It's not waving a magic wand and *poof* game pack, it's a kind of lengthy process.

(I agree with the cell phone restriction.. I wish we could just opt out of cell phone useage all together or it being an off feature unless you turn it on.. but that's another whole thing.)
    egTcBMc.png
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I desperately want a ghost update.

First, have them be more uniquely ghostly and not just a transparent sim. Take away needs unless it has something to do with how they died (starved sims are always hungry). Give them a unique need where they have to return to their grave or do a certain ritual every so often in order to stay tangible. Maybe have evil or mean ghosts draw their energy from the tense emotion (fear if added) of other sims or even drain the life force from them like vampires. I'd also like for ghosts to have more unique interactions with sims and other ghosts (like the ability to possess a sim and know everything about them or control their actions).

Second, if you're not playing a ghost, have ghosts be a rarer thing. No more calls from dead relatives. Introduce a physic trait and sims who have it will run into more ghosts and perhaps not be afraid of them.

Third, introduce a fear emotion. Levels could be nervous, scared, and terrified where terrified sims could die from fear. Bring back the brave and coward traits where brave sims wouldn't be afraid around ghosts and cowards would pass out or wet themselves in fear (same for vampires and other scary supernaturals).
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I like ghosts the way they are. I have this one, Edward, who was one of my very first sims and he's the funniest. He's either breaking bathtubs or crying-
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I dont want ghosts any more mischievious - my sim can spend all day repairing what was broken the night before - and if my sim sees the ghost then the tense /scared reaction makes them unable to even begin repairs. Like anything - if they put changes in they really need to put in on/off switches - most votes about more or less of something come out 50/ 50 - on/off would solve a lot of issues.

I like that sims can interact with dead family members - it is better than real life. But the novelty quickly wears off when they cause too much damage and they are released to the netherworld after a time. I never ask ghosts to join my sims family. (I would be tempted if you could marry a ghost or have ghost children not just woohoo).

I would most definitely like a way to find and collect urns or a cemetery lot that collects all sims that pass away - where you could retrieve urns from if you so choose.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    i would like ghost to have babies if they died young..and to do more stuff..scare other sims badly they pee on the floor or die..i just want something more then this..i miss the sims 2 ghost..
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited August 2019
    I would love a ghost update! As already pointed out, ghosts just feel like transparent sims with a few extra interactions. At the very least they should have different needs to living sims (unless relevant to their death type e.g. hunger for starvation) and ghost child sims shouldn't have to suffer school for all eternity. :D I want ghosts to have or be able to earn more abilities (e.g. possess living sims, show self to sim) and weaknesses, and to have 'unfinished business' that they need to discover and complete to find peace. I especially wish ghosts were only visible to vampires/other occults and living sims with a psychic skill/trait. Some special interactions between ghosts and vampires would be nice. A fear emotion is also needed so ghosts can actually scare living sims.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The only thing I wish for ghosts is for them to stop calling and texting my sims.

"You're dead leave me alone already". :D
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I wish ghosts were actually scary, at the moment they are just plain annoying and I never have ghosts in the house.