Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Killing Sims

Comments

• keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I don't do it often, but occasionally kill sims in my game for fun and a change of pace. I can say I am MOST entertained by other's plays when they are killing sims. Watching others play the sims, but not do anything crazy, is inherently boring. (With the exception of builders, because I like to learn tips!)
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    belpita wrote: »
    I can't say I enjoy it as such, but I have orchestrated deaths for the sake of a story.

Me too.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i do it "for the story".. but like... the story is for fun. i'm the one making it up.. 🤔
    i've played the black widow challenge and there's plenty of death in my two ongoing legacies, not just from old age.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Neither doing it or watching others. Have occasionally done so in TS2 Veronaville, but it's a judicial action on the gangsters that have been murdering innocents. It's done in a manner so I can't see what's happening. Used to just delete them, but learned that's how game got corrupted.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    All of it.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I have killed a lot of Sims, but I don't enjoy it. I don't even like knocking down brick-trees in Minecraft, because I'm silly like that. Sometimes it needs done, though! For the greater good!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I like watching others kill sims, and occasionally I like to kill sims myself. Usually it's only when they really annoy me (although sometimes I just delete them instead). I do kind of want to do a Black Widow challenge sometime, I watched lilsimsie's and it seemed like fun.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I don't have a dark desire to kill or watch others kill sims. Generally I am ridiculously attached to them and I am too much of a softie. However, I do like to kill sims sometimes if it is part of their story. I have always enjoyed tragic stories, dark/horror stories and villains, in fact I am hoping we get more 'dangerous stuff' in TS4. >:)
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    This is tricky. One of my head canons is that most ghosts think the afterlife is the best thing ever once they adjust to it, and they'll gladly "help" other Sims shuffle off the mortal coil. I've also got a rule that too much interaction with ghosts zaps away a Sim's lifeforce, putting them more at risk for accidents.

So, yeah, I like the drama that ensues when a Sim joins the ghosts against their wishes. But I also don't treat death like a permanent thing, either.

I've never let a Sim starve, and only two have drowned. I felt uncomfortable watching both of those. I almost always do it via emotions or cowplant. Sometimes fire or electrocution if them having fire-starting or electronic-breaking powers is relevant to the plot. Deaths are easier to watch if the Sim was mean to others.

Anytime I've sent a ghost to the Netherworld, it's been an emotional moment. Usually their character arc is complete, and they're ready to move on.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I wouldn't say I enjoy it, but I don't mind it at all. Sometimes it's necessary. I'm going to vote "other", but I probably enjoy watching/reading tales of others killing their sims more than me killing mine. But sometimes a sim just needs to die in a certain way other than old age.

I had a lot of fun when I had an evil sim who needed to witness another sim die, I struggled so hard to make that sim die (finally of embarrassment). It can be a lot of fun, but not something I actively pursue in each game I play.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I kill my sims when it's necessary, I don't enjoy doing it.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    CrownSims wrote: »
    It's not that I enjoy killing sims...... it's just sometimes a necessary evil.

In previous games, it was harder to move people in and out of households, so more than a few Sims met the ubiquitous pool-without-ladder. Now, I just move the extra household member to the family homestead.

I did kill off one parent for repeatedly texting her kid. (The JA relics are really useful for this, as Sims have evolved to the point that they know how to get out of a pool without a ladder.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    I’ll deliberately kill sims if I need them to die for story reasons, but this isn’t too often. Usually I will kill them via starvation and say they had a heart attack (sounds so morbid when I say it out loud), and once in a long while one will die in a fire. Usually, I don’t kill my sims though, and it’s not something I “enjoy.”
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited August 2019
    hmm more like I kill sims often because I grow bored of them
    or have too big household going on and need to make it smaller without moving sims out

I don't mind watching other people kill their sims and sometimes its fun too for dramatics
    but for me I'd rather there is a story to it since it's bit boring just putting group of sims in a room to starve for no apparent reasons

If I kill sims I often come up with story to it like ''this sim got into big fight with this other sim''
    or ''he decided to grow a cowplant but didn't realize it could eat him'' or ''their house burnt down'' or whatever

also from realistic point of view its just bit too nice for me if all my sims died of old age having happy lives
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sims aren't living beings. I don't feel bad for them when they die, whether by natural or more sinister means.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    edited August 2019
    It used to scare me when i killed my sims when i was twelve :cold_sweat: but now i like killing my sister's sims to get back at her for taking the computer away >:)

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't enjoy killing sims, but if it happens on accident, I roll with it... usually.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Indifferent. I'm typically not the type of person to kill my sims off, but I don't really care what anyone else is doing.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited August 2019
    I've had safes were I made an evil sim who would capture and kill off townies and premades, last one was a selfemployed undertaker filling up her graveyard, was a fun little escape from my usual gameplay, but I never play these safes for long.
    I only watch one YTer who kills sims regularly (callmekevin), I do enjoy his series but I think it's mostly because it's overall funny, the killing of sims alone would not make it entertaining for me.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't enjoy it either.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    There has been very few instances where I ever actively killed a Sim. Most of the time it just happens. If a Sim deceases before their 'Time', then I will very often roll back a save, or flat out restart that family again. In my ancestral save, my 7th great-grandfather died in 1770, three years before his daughter, my 6th great-grandmother left the great Colony of Virginia with her husband and seven children, one a babe in arms. So, since I use MCCC, I simply targeted him. Hey, it happened.

As for any other time, I do have to say I was so fed up with the lack of random deaths in Sims3, that I was willing to allow one of my Sims to be careless when he fixed the broken dishwasher. He didn't mop up the floor beforehand. Had no effect whatsoever. But, much later on in the same game save, his Rock Star younger brother did electrocute himself to death. He had a broken spa and of course there was water on the lawn. Who mops a lawn, right? And besides, his older brother was standing in a puddle in the kitchen and he didn't get hurt … I had panned the camera up to the third floor of his residence, since his wife was about to do a radio broadcast. That's when I hear the ominous music. There Erik was crumpled on his side by the spa. Dead as a door nail. :open_mouth:

But, no, I don't normally 'take out' my Sims. LOL Interesting thread, though.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    None of these options really matches me - I intentionally kill Sims for story purposes sometimes, but other times I just let it happen. It's not about enjoying it or not enjoying it, but about what happens in the story. In Sims 4 I do get annoyed at how they get a "warning" moodlet from something like electrocution, and in those cases I sometimes kill the Sim myself because I want that level of surprise and danger in the story.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I don't enjoy killing sims, & I'm meh about others killing sims. If it fits their narrative & makes for a good story, then yeah, I enjoy it. If not, well, it's their game & they can play however they want.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I can't kill them, I cry when pets die, I dread the final days with my Sims and it takes a lot for me to put aging on. But I'm curious about what the deaths look like, so it's more accurate really to say that I don't enjoy killing Sims, but I watch others kill them with curiosity.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I love my sims and will never kill them, but watching others kill theirs is pretty enjoyable.