Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Killing Sims

Which of the following best represents your attitude toward killing Sims? This poll is anonymous, but feel free to explain your answer in the comments!
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Killing Sims 142 votes

I enjoy killing Sims but not watching others kill Sims.
4% 7 votes
I enjoy watching others kill Sims but not killing them myself.
10% 15 votes
I enjoy both killing Sims and watching others kill Sims.
20% 29 votes
I don't enjoy either killing Sims or watching others kill Sims.
47% 68 votes
Other answer.
16% 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I only did it once when a sims was really buggy via a mod and I really did not like it I am the type that hangs onto my sims forever lol :)
  • Options
    NeenzNeenz Posts: 44 Member
    When I first played it I did the swimming pool ladder thing but it’s a bit sick really, I’d rather they had a good time.
  • Options
    jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member

Me neither. I think there is no explanation needed for this answer.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    jj_____ wrote: »

Me neither. I think there is no explanation needed for this answer.

This.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There was only one time that I deliberately killed off any sims, and it was back in Sims 2. I don't remember what had happened but I ended up killing off every single playable sim in the three base game towns. The only survivor was Beau Broke. Before that, I was always killing off Daniel Pleasant's father, I don't know why but I absolutely detested that guy.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2019
    It makes me feel bad to kill sims or even watch them die from anything other than old age. :D
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't enjoy it but sometimes (not very often) I have to do it for storytelling purposes.

Great thread btw. I hope it will be in next friday highlights, I can't wait for more answers.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I can't say I enjoy it as such, but I have orchestrated deaths for the sake of a story.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I have a serial killer save. She goes around imprisoning and killing all the pre-made sims in the game. And also those that are dressed very badly. I don't play it very often, but....yeah. My sim kills sims.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I used to. I got over it. :)
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I did when I was really young (like 10 years old)... but I've matured since then. Honestly, I know Sims are nothing but coding and pixels, but they're meant to represent a form of people... so it's kinda sadistic and disturbing for anyone to actually enjoy killing them... or even watching others killing them.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    For me it's usually all about the story. Sims die sometimes because the story is going to go there. Sometimes I set it up to happen.. well this mostly because I'm not good with random death and I usually like to chose where my story goes and who is allowed to die. I can play a happy, happy, joy, joy save where everyone get's ahead and is friends one day and the next day I'll play a serial killer or black widow type of save or something along those lines. Even in heartwarming stories sometimes people die. It is part of life and can be part of a story... here in the sims you can even move their ghosts in afterward and bring them back to life.
    I even read stories and watch movies where people die. It's a sometimes creative extension of that played out in the Sims. Then again sometimes I just want a ghost of every type.
    The only time I watch it is if it's someone really entertaining and they are usually doing a challenge or telling a story.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    In Sims 3, I had "Death Island". It was a game of life or death. There was a keeper, who ran the game and a bunch of contestants.

The keeper had a fully equipped manse that the contestants had no access to. They had communal living and only ate when the keeper gave them supper, or breakfast. If they were too slow in grabbing a portion, they went hungry.

And then there were contests. Using the baskeball, or golf, or other things sims 3 had (That sims 4 doesnt) The winner got to go to the winner suite in the manse for the week and didn't have to participate in the death game at the end of the week.

That was a lineup of jellybean bushes. They had to keep eating them until one of them died from it. Some of them turned purple, or yellow, or fainted, or whatever, but ultimately, one died. And the contestants got narrowed down that way.

The ultimate prize, (If the sim won) was freedom from Death Island and a new start with a new house and a pile of simoleons.

Now THAT was fun! >:)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'll kill sims if the story demands it. Or the house needs room for the next generation and the sim has stopped being fun to play. It's not something I enjoy, but it's not something I specifically don't like doing either. But it is rare that I need to kill them, and most die of old age (or occasionally exposure/stupidity because they decide that going swimming during a blizzard in Brindleton Bay is the right way to deal with their hygiene need...)
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I do enjoy a nice Sim killing here and there, even better when I watch someone else do it! :p
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited August 2019
    I only kill Sims when it benefits a story, but I have no problem with it. It can be pretty fun at times, too. I just wish sims weren't so friggen hard to kill in 4.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I know for awhile I found it pretty amusing to trap Vlad out on the porch by chatting to him after the sun came up. Or I'd cloudgaze with him over and over. Now that he's showing up in his zebra speedo's everywhere I might need to start doing it again.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I don't enjoy killing sims and I don't enjoy watching others kill sims, but if a sim ticks me off bad enough, I'll kill them. But it has to be really bad, I've only killed one or two sims the entire sims 4 lifespan.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't enjoy either killing Sims or watching others kill Sims, I feel sorry for them, if they are very annoying then I just edit them in cas.fulleditmode or remove them from the game in manage household or use mods to make those sims less annoying.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    In Sims 3, I had "Death Island". It was a game of life or death. There was a keeper, who ran the game and a bunch of contestants.

The keeper had a fully equipped manse that the contestants had no access to. They had communal living and only ate when the keeper gave them supper, or breakfast. If they were too slow in grabbing a portion, they went hungry.

And then there were contests. Using the baskeball, or golf, or other things sims 3 had (That sims 4 doesnt) The winner got to go to the winner suite in the manse for the week and didn't have to participate in the death game at the end of the week.

That was a lineup of jellybean bushes. They had to keep eating them until one of them died from it. Some of them turned purple, or yellow, or fainted, or whatever, but ultimately, one died. And the contestants got narrowed down that way.

The ultimate prize, (If the sim won) was freedom from Death Island and a new start with a new house and a pile of simoleons.

Dang, didn't see this. But I love doing this. In Sims 2, I made a neighborhood specifically for witches. Sims would enter this tower fight. Winners would advance to the next floor, and losers would have to go through a death trap and die.. The higher you climbed the tower, the more perks you would get (their own room, proper meals, extra skill points.) The higher you rise though, the more deadlier the traps for the losers.

The person who reached the top would become a witch and live in the witch neighborhood, while the person who came in second would get out alive (if the winner allowed it), but would get their memories wiped and be banished from the world. The end goal was to have a society founded by the strongest, smartest, and most resourceful. Their royal family originated from the sim who won the first battle royale.

Once I had a land of super-buff muscle witches, I had them invade other neighborhoods, beat the plum out of everyone, and kill them to take their land. The only ones that stood a chance against them were the super-buff muscle Servos with maxed-out Body skills and the ability to build more soldiers on demand.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don't enjoy it but sometimes (not very often) I have to do it for storytelling purposes.

Great thread btw. I hope it will be in next friday highlights, I can't wait for more answers.

Thank you, DoloresGrey!
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »

Dang, didn't see this. But I love doing this. In Sims 2, I made a neighborhood specifically for witches. Sims would enter this tower fight. Winners would advance to the next floor, and losers would have to go through a death trap and die.. The higher you climbed the tower, the more perks you would get (their own room, proper meals, extra skill points.) The higher you rise though, the more deadlier the traps for the losers.

The person who reached the top would become a witch and live in the witch neighborhood, while the person who came in second would get out alive (if the winner allowed it), but would get their memories wiped and be banished from the world. The end goal was to have a society founded by the strongest, smartest, and most resourceful. Their royal family originated from the sim who won the first battle royale.

Once I had a land of super-buff muscle witches, I had them invade other neighborhoods, beat the plum out of everyone, and kill them to take their land. The only ones that stood a chance against them were the super-buff muscle Servos with maxed-out Body skills and the ability to build more soldiers on demand.

You just gave me an idea for the evil vampire household in my game. :D

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've never deliberately killed any sims in any iteration, I don't create and play out stories. I've had 2 accidental deaths in TS2, none that I know of in 3 or 4 (or 1 for that matter). I'll do absolutely anything to keep my sims alive. I've had aging on only in my first TS4 save, and now some of the premades have passed. Had aging off since then.
  • Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    It's not that I enjoy killing sims...... it's just sometimes a necessary evil.