Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Save(s)?

floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
I've seen a lot favorite sim threads in the past, but I don't think I've ever seen one for save games before.

Which is your guys' favorite save and why? Feel free to list multiple if you have more than one favorite.

I have a lot of saves, but only one favorite. My unofficial, rotational legacy (that I refer to as my faux legacy) has been my favorite save for over a year now. I started with one sim who had four kids, and I ended up becoming attached to all of them. Instead of just choosing one like I normally would to continue playing, I ended up playing each of the children rotationally, with each subsequent generation expanding my list of families on rotation. I'm currently on generation 4 (although, technically, 5 has already started) and have about six or seven households I switch between, each with their own unique story line, so it's rarely ever boring to play.

Fun fact: The save is so old now that all the original premades have been gone for generations (except those from IL and Vampires), so a lot of the original last names have disappeared over time. Caleb Vatore somehow became Caleb Meshram for so long that, at one point, I actually forgot that wasn't his original last name. The Goth name seems to have disappeared, as well, unfortunately. I'm sure they have descendants, I just haven't been able to find any of them yet. However, I've found plenty of vampire offspring, many of whom have made their way into my family tree.
Gallery ID: floridameerkat
Family trees:
Young
Pearce
Niner
Post edited by floridameerkat on

Comments

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Check out my signature link for my save. :) No mods and no CC. Open for feedback.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Right now, my favorite is the save where I'm playing out the childhood of the sim in my avatar. It's a pretty sad one if you ask me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Right now, my favorite is the save where I'm playing out the childhood of the sim in my avatar. It's a pretty sad one if you ask me.

Why is it sad?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2019
    This is really hard because I have so many themed saves and when I'm enjoying them they are my favorite.
    In the last few days I've played in some of my favorite repeat visit saves.

My Stardew Valley save based on that game/characters.. is a definite favorite because it's very cartoonish and melds with the sims gameplay so well. I can talk about it freely on the forums also.. lol. I can expand on the game it's based off of character wise... and play out situations I imagine could happen with the characters the way they were set up... and come close to representing them fairly well as well as expand on what they could be. I'm looking forward to ROM for two characters and hoping we get farming one day for another.

I just went into my Hannibal save and reset up some minor characters I hadn't gotten around to updating in that game and I'm off to play Freddie Lounds since we have more in depth photography in the game. I don't think I'll be leaving this save for awhile, because I decided she would investigate Strangerville while doing other things. I'm happy I have more tools without needing mods/cc to expand on her and play her out better in the game. I actually haven't played out Jack Crawford either and now he can become this games version of an FBI agent, so I gotta go that route.

I have a mannequin save where I've basically been color coding families and naming them in ways that reflect their colors like Coco and Cadbury Chocolate for instance. It really amuses to play dress up with them and I love the kind of creepy vibe I get when playing them. It's fun to go in there and not really have a goal or story but still feel like it's got some cohesiveness to it. It's like a quick but tasty snack of a save.

I do have many other saves that I return to though... and might bring up more later. As I said they are my favorites while playing them.

egTcBMc.png
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I have one save that I foolishly put a bunch of my sims in, so now I'm in the process of culling (man I hate that word) some of the ones who can be just utility sims. The favorites are mostly in here, I have a whole nest of vamps who are going to be making generation number 3, a hallmark for me, lol. I have normal sims who are intertwined with the vamps who I am very attached to, jungle explorers who I love (husband & wife team) and who have taught their daughters about archeology. I have other saves that are just single sims, one to each save. I found if I had multiple saves I would only be able to spend holidays with each one in rotation. Some don't get Christmas but once every 5 years, which is sad for simmies with kids.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

Why is it sad?

Because 1. She was adopted by an older couple 2. Her adoptive father died when she was a child, then her mother went insane, and she was taken by social services, put in with a horrible family, adopted by the Hecking family, and this is all while she is STILL a child. Still working on the rest.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited August 2019
    My current favourite save is my drifter family where I am currently half way through house 4. This was the first save where I have let sims I love die.

My second fav. Is a Johnny zest save where he started as a homeless teen and then once he bought his trailer became a 5 star celeb. He and Geoffrey repaired their relationship but Nancy sends hate mail and makes rude phone calls so no peace there. He is now starting his own family.

I have a 3rd save with a couple I adore and their 5 children. There is currently no aging in this save as I love them all too much. Just sweet family play in this save.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited August 2019
    Ooo good question. I have a few saves I love but my favorite is a save I started about a year ago. I made a single mom who lived in the city with her toddler daughter. She wanted to make it as a big politician but be a good mom as well. She moved her way up the career ladder and the little family was able to move into a nicer apartment. Eventually she topped the career and they moved to a large two story apartment uptown. Soon after the mom passed away.

The daughter at this point is an adult. She is now a level 8 actress with a daughter of her own. She just (today actually) married her child’s father Orange Bailey moon. Orange is an influencer with a video channel. They are both two star celebrities working their way up to stardom. Their daughter is a child who I plan on making a fashion photographer when she grows up. She’s adorable and I love her. I’m having a fantastic time playing them. It’s been a favorite since I started it. It is different than my other saves and that makes it incredibly enjoyable.

I love all my families I play and I play each one frequently, but this one has always stood out as a favorite. It’s a very fun save and the only save I’m playing celebrities in.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My favorite Save is my vampire save file. I have been playing with the same vampires since the GP was released. It started with my human Sim Kelsi Lothario (who was born in game & is Don Lothario's granddaughter).....she was captured by Vlad and held captive by him, being turned vampire against her will. While in captivity she met another captive who was already vampire, Ambrose Gautier, who trained her how to be a vampire and get used to this new lifestyle of living. Long story short, Kelsi and Ambrose fell in love, they came up with this plan to kill Vlad (& succeeded). They've had a ton of kids & their family has been ruling in Forgotten Hollow.

Fast forward to today...I play rotational in the save, playing with their children or grandchildren & other characters. There are some Straud's that are back in Forgotten Hollow who are there to make the Gautier's pay. So this Save is very different from any other Save that I have. It's where I can be super creative and just do crazy stuff as I feel like anything goes with supernaturals. It's a story about revenge, power, romance, etc. I like to consider this Save like Game of Thrones, but vampire style LOL
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited August 2019
    My favorite save is the one I started when I got Get To Work.

I started with a Single Sim called Erik Tuuli. He became a scientist and it was so much fun to play. He met an alien woman at work and they had a short relationship which lead to her getting pregnant and having twins. I found out later that she had "hates children" trait and I didn't want her to be Erik's wife, so they broke up. The children stayed with their mom, but Erik visited them often and vice versa.

Later Erik met Summer Holiday and she became his wife and they had a daughter, Emilia. Emilia became a painter and married Alexander Goth. They have two children, Ville and Annina. Ville is still a child and Annina is a toddler (she's alien, Alexander was kidnapped and became pregnant). Alex is a freelance writer.

Erik's half alien twins Juho and Venla are both married too and they have children, so Erik has 4 grandchildren in all. Emilia and her family are living in the same house than Erik and Summer in Willow Creek. Juho and Venla are living elsewhere with their families.

Erik is my favorite Sim ever. I've given him (and Summer also) two youth potions already, because I don't want him to age up to an elder. I love his personality, I have never had a Sim who feels like a real person more than him. He has reached the top of his career a long time ago and so has Summer (she is an athlete).

I love this family and I can't wait for Erik's grandchildren to grow up and see how they look like and choose careers for them etc. I have aging on long and I think I'll give Erik and Summer one more youth potions both and then I let them age up finally.
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    My favourite save is the very first save file I started back in August 2015. I've played with majority of the premade households and fleshed out their stories with each other and my own sims. I've established a headcannon and refused to allow the world to age until certainly milestones have been completed. So it goes without saying that I play with aging off. In addition I have just around 200 sims I actively play with and around 50 not in world sims that are integral to individual stories. Because I heavily micromanage this save I try not to allow too many bizarre townies about, but if encountered they will either be edited in cas or swapped out with unique sims from the gallery.

The biggest concern I've encountered in this save is from manually aging up my sims. Some teenage sims have been born into the world and gone through their birthdays while others have been that age or close to from the start. I'm trying to figure out in my head what should be the proper age of all my sims at this point before I turn aging back on. Yeah. Pretty much my goal is to one day have aging turned back on with MCCC story progression when I'm satisfied with where all my sims and the premades are at. Then I could focus solely on my absolute favourite households.

The 2015 save file is my most precious, but since its creation I have created and lost a number of save files that I throughly enjoyed like my K-pop world, Not So Berry Challenge, and a Prison Challenge which utilizes the save file from Lilsimsie.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    My favourite saves are ones I started for the Seasons and Get Famous expansions. One is a household made up of the promo sims from the Seasons box art and the other is sim who's a record producer and who I used to test out the new celebrity/fame system.
    My problem is I've grown far too attached to both of them, so I've been playing with aging off and just aging up their children manually (none have kids who are over the teen life stage yet because I've been taking my time and playing so slowly). All the originals are still young adults because even though I intended to use them to create a legacy they've become my favourite sims and I don't want to move on from them ! :D

More recently I've been creating duplicate saves or recreating them from the very start so I can begin a generational legacy play with them whilst still having the option of going back and continuing my old saves with aging off. I've never been good at legacies! :#:D