Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please update the museums and add field trips for kids

I was just watching James Turner (Your gallery builds) Series and someone created a history Museum and i was just thinking
could you update the museums please. This community lot type is boring. Its pretty to look at, when you use players builds but there is like no gamplay and any kind of purpose.
a museum is a place to learn new things. How about when i click on a picture, there would be an intersting pop up telling you something about this picture, sculpture or whatever you put there, with the ability to write our own pop up or text. This would allow for story telling and there would be a reason to actually visit a musuem...
Imagine what kind of musuems players would create and what kind of story they would tell.

You could also add some moodlets too, the ability to have a conservation about museums, maybe a NPC tour guide Sim and kids that need to visit a museum to complete theyre homeworks.

And i wish my Sims kids could go on a field trip again and get some rare accessoires. Museums, theme park, a day in the forrest etc. When the kids are in their rabbithole field trip, you get the usual pick or choose text adventures. Hopefully realm of magic adds another after school activitie, because its lacking. But good job Maxis for adding two differente after school activities in one year... i guess.

Happpy Simming!

Comments

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'd also love field trips for kids. If they ever update the school system, I hope children and teens get to go on field trips.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you for posting this!

I actually thought about this museum thing too, few years back when Get Together was just released and I went to visit that Von Haunt Estate in Winderburg for the first time.

There was those stories in those different objects, so I was exited when I found them. Because I imminently thought that there was that kind of cool new thing to do, but was disappointed to found out that that wan't the case. I thought that it was added in game that you could write/add stories in those boards, paintings and other objects. :/

I also like that idea of field trips for kids. I hope we can have these in game at some point! :)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I like this idea. It would be great to have more to do in museums.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Toddler hangouts with parents should be a thing outside of the Toddler Stuff Pack. A playground lot type and field trips would be fantastic... A mix between rabbit hole and an actual field trip to a museum. That would be very fun to attend.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Field trips would be so cool. I wish our sim would get a field trip notification or scheduled field trip would pop up on the calendar and our child/teen sims could take a sack lunch with them for the trip.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• LostLambLostLamb Posts: 26 Member
    AA! I love that idea, so good.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    This would be a nice opportunity for some new chance cards. Rabbit holes aren't ideal, but I'd really like some scheduled school trip days where you'd get new chance cards with different options as the school day goes on. Like maybe you could decide how your kid behaves on the trip or maybe they'd come back with some cool new collectables like fossils or small postcards depending on where they've been.

I definitely agree that museums need more attention. I love the idea of NPC tour guides! Anything to create an immersive experience!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hestia wrote: »
    Toddler hangouts with parents should be a thing outside of the Toddler Stuff Pack. A playground lot type and field trips would be fantastic... A mix between rabbit hole and an actual field trip to a museum. That would be very fun to attend.

I stick a toddler hangout onto some of my restaurants. It keeps them busy whilst parents are having a meal. You have to keep the gate locked to keep them in and plenty to keep them occupied and happy. You can put a toddler playroom anywhere.

Study trips to go with the guides occupation would be nice if an adult could be designated to go with them. That could come in an educational type pack which I hope we could get some time in the future for the younger children and teenagers.
    edited August 2019
    @Simburian Bringing a toddler into a restaurant or any dining place is a disaster unless it has a play area with a supervisor to watch the kids.

The Sims 4 lacks in any of that detail and I don’t want toddler Sims crying up to my table to cancel queues or bothering the dinner table.

A playground lot and an actual daycare to visit or other kinds of special toddler lots to interact with would be even cooler. They did the hidden lots in GTW, why not for toddlers? :)

I’d like to see the toddlers in this game interact a lot more with other toddlers in some way. Educational for them, fulfill social needs, meet new friends and also fun at the same time.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    That would be cool if we could write our own "Pop ups" about our paintings, and "Paintings from References" especially.

I would like Sculpting, as a hobby, as a skill, Creating Marble Busts, Statues, and other kinds sculptures out of a block would be very cool.
    Next to Sketching.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    @Simburian Bringing a toddler into a restaurant or any dining place is a disaster unless it has a play area with a supervisor to watch the kids.

The Sims 4 lacks in any of that detail and I don’t want toddler Sims crying up to my table to cancel queues or bothering the dinner table.

A playground lot and an actual daycare to visit or other kinds of special toddler lots to interact with would be even cooler. They did the hidden lots in GTW, why not for toddlers? :)

I’d like to see the toddlers in this game interact a lot more with other toddlers in some way. Educational for them, fulfill social needs, meet new friends and also fun at the same time.

That's what I said. I put them in their playpark and lock the gate. It works for me.
    @Simburian That isn’t the same as having a nursery or daycare center. There is no adult to watch over them and that isn’t the same as having a playground for toddlers.

It wouldn’t hurt at all for the Sims Studio to implement an actual daycare or preschool we can visit for our toddlers to have an actual social life.
    wB2Zykl.jpg