August 22 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.
August 23 - Ready for the Friday Highlight? Check it out here!
August 15 - We have updated the forum rules. Learn more here.

Ever make your own version of a sim you saw?

Have you ever seen a sim and searched for it in the gallery only to give up hope. And then try to make your own look-alike? Or seen an avatar sim, never find it, and make your own copycat version?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,464 Member
    nope
    I've made a few that resemble some others I had seen before though, but it has all been sheer coincidence so far
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 1,862 Member
    Nah, most of my sims are inspired by an archetype but their appearances are original.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,238 Member
    The only sim I can recall getting sad over was the black vampire in the Vampires EP not existing in my game because he was hot and EA failed me by not making him a premade >:( :joy: I'm horrible at making look-alikes, but my main reason was that I'm bothered that I wasn't sure which of his abilities were canon in the trailer

I haven't tried to look for him again since now my game is up to its eyes in vampires, but it still bothers me every time I think about it LOL.
    Twitter || Gallery: Cmehnt || Simblr || Please Fix Alien Faces (!)
    ZNoceRa.gif
    White Lies and Half Truths, a mystery thriller with a touch of romance
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 378 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    The only sim I can recall getting sad over was the black vampire in the Vampires EP not existing in my game because he was hot and EA failed me by not making him a premade >:( :joy:

me too! you've just reminded me to go and try recreate him and the other trailer vampires lmao

Other than him I remember trying to recreate the sims from the Seasons trailer/box art. I didn't do so well, but luckily for me someone else uploaded them to the gallery afterwards

eJRCXJ8.jpg
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 177 Member
    @Cement Which one? Do you have a pic?
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 743 Member
    I've done the copycat thing once. I don't read sim stories very often, but was very much into one here on the forum. I found one of the sims in that story very fascinating. I do think I searched for him on the gallery (its been a couple of years, I have trouble remembering things from a couple days ago!) and couldn't find him. So I tried to recreate him as well as I could. Didn't give him the same name, of course, and he didn't really end up looking much like the original either :D . But he did end up being my fav sim ever <3
    S & M Builders - Revived
    TS1 stuff
    Gallery: Kathykins
  • CementCement Posts: 3,238 Member
    @iliekponiez 390de03ecda7266af6c1ab5487d3c7fc.jpg
    This handsome devil <3 :love: He's also on the Vampires render in game too sporting a different suit on the far left
    8ec180ded81fe2892979601de98f753d.png
    Twitter || Gallery: Cmehnt || Simblr || Please Fix Alien Faces (!)
    ZNoceRa.gif
    White Lies and Half Truths, a mystery thriller with a touch of romance
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 177 Member
    edited August 15
    @Cement SimCreator050 on the gallery has him! :smiley:
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 3,390 Member
    When I first started playing I downloaded some sims from the gallery, but try not to download sims anymore since so many people don’t like you uploading their sims, but when I have put lots of time into skills, I update and load them to the gallery. So since I found that out I have tried not to download others sims. Once in awhile I will see clothes I like on a sim and traits that I don’t normally use, and use them. But, I am not good at recreating the actual sim.... lol