August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

Ever make your own version of a sim you saw?

Have you ever seen a sim and searched for it in the gallery only to give up hope. And then try to make your own look-alike? Or seen an avatar sim, never find it, and make your own copycat version?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    nope
    I've made a few that resemble some others I had seen before though, but it has all been sheer coincidence so far
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,219 Member
    Nah, most of my sims are inspired by an archetype but their appearances are original.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,467 Member
    The only sim I can recall getting sad over was the black vampire in the Vampires EP not existing in my game because he was hot and EA failed me by not making him a premade >:( :joy: I'm horrible at making look-alikes, but my main reason was that I'm bothered that I wasn't sure which of his abilities were canon in the trailer

I haven't tried to look for him again since now my game is up to its eyes in vampires, but it still bothers me every time I think about it LOL.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,341 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    The only sim I can recall getting sad over was the black vampire in the Vampires EP not existing in my game because he was hot and EA failed me by not making him a premade >:( :joy:

me too! you've just reminded me to go and try recreate him and the other trailer vampires lmao

Other than him I remember trying to recreate the sims from the Seasons trailer/box art. I didn't do so well, but luckily for me someone else uploaded them to the gallery afterwards

• iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 302 Member
    @Cement Which one? Do you have a pic?
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,129 Member
    I've done the copycat thing once. I don't read sim stories very often, but was very much into one here on the forum. I found one of the sims in that story very fascinating. I do think I searched for him on the gallery (its been a couple of years, I have trouble remembering things from a couple days ago!) and couldn't find him. So I tried to recreate him as well as I could. Didn't give him the same name, of course, and he didn't really end up looking much like the original either :D . But he did end up being my fav sim ever <3
    S & M Builders - Revived
    TS1 stuff
    Gallery: Kathykins
  • CementCement Posts: 3,467 Member
    @iliekponiez 390de03ecda7266af6c1ab5487d3c7fc.jpg
    This handsome devil <3:love: He's also on the Vampires render in game too sporting a different suit on the far left
    8ec180ded81fe2892979601de98f753d.png
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 302 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Cement SimCreator050 on the gallery has him! :smiley:
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 3,675 Member
    When I first started playing I downloaded some sims from the gallery, but try not to download sims anymore since so many people don’t like you uploading their sims, but when I have put lots of time into skills, I update and load them to the gallery. So since I found that out I have tried not to download others sims. Once in awhile I will see clothes I like on a sim and traits that I don’t normally use, and use them. But, I am not good at recreating the actual sim.... lol
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,202 Member
    I do keep a folder of any good looking sims I find, for inspiration. But I wont re-create someone's sim, since I'm not sure they'd want me to. I would take one or so features that I like, but make the sim different from the original.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 213 Member
    All the time. My brain usually makes one male and one female sim prototype, just styled differently. So if I’m in a jam, I recreate someone else’s sim.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 838 Member
    Àine from Realm of Magic trailer ❤
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 5,896 Member
    Never
    Origin ID : ChazzzyGOAT
    Recommended Mods : http://chazzzygoat.tumblr.com
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 864 Member
    I've actually tried to make a sim of people I saw walking around my neighborhood.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 262 Member
    Yes, I've made Aine from the trailer as someone above said. I also find myself looking at people in real life and thinking about how they would look as a Sim.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,339 Member
    sunblond wrote: »
    I've actually tried to make a sim of people I saw walking around my neighborhood.

Yes, I've done that too.
  • EricTheLoonEricTheLoon Posts: 20 Member
    Does making a genetic twin of a married, in-game sim count? :P
    Sul Sul!
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,339 Member
    Does making a genetic twin of a married, in-game sim count? :P
    Sure, why not.

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited September 2019
    I downloaded someone's fabulous Captain Marvel from the gallery. I loved her so much that I created sisters from her genetics, including an inexact twin.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 1,779 Member
    I got inspired to make the original vampires that were in the pictures & saved them in the gallery. I also made my version of Aine' from the original Realm of Magic trailer. Accidentally made her pretty & I named her Queen of the Sages.
    Anyone who's interested can check out my sims & my building lots on SEREFRAS in the gallery. It's not fancy, there's no mods used, just my Sims 4 games & my imagination.
  • AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 157 Member
    I've been thinking of doing this, actually. I don't have Get Famous, and I don't plan on getting that expansion pack anytime in the near future for a few reasons, but I've become obsessed with the GF sim Judith Ward, so I might have to recreate her (though I have poor CAS skills!) I have found a few BG Judith Ward's on the gallery (the character is converted to base game clothes, hair, etc) but I'm not sure if I should download them because I'm worried they might screw up my game. Do you think it would be okay to download a base game converted Judith Ward from another simmer on the gallery, or should I try my hand at making my own? Thanks.