Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Simmers who are bored and not bored, do you play on rotation or one family per save?

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Not bored, Single Family
    i play the same family and keep aging fully turn off for all sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    Not bored, Single Family
    One family, one save mostly. Lifespan is set somewhere between normal and long so even if I sometimes start to get a bit bored with some of the sims soon enough I'll always have new generation to play with.

I have played some other households in the same save file when I've needed/wanted to do something that I don't want my actual sims involved in, like playing through the Strangerville story, but they serve a specific purpose and after that I mark them as unplayed.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Not bored, Single Family
    There was no option for "not bored and both rotational and single family". I chose single family, because that's how I usually play. I have few saves for rotational play too.

My first Sims 4 save was rotational and I didn't like it because I had a musician who was on level 10 on his career and he had a wife and 3 children. After I had played with other families and I came back to this family, the musician had autonomously quit his job and his wife had a big romance bar with 3 other men. She had a romantic trait, so I guess that's why she had gotten random lovers. Also her husband had been working out so much that he looked like a Hulk (he didn't have an active trait). I remember seeing him at the gym a lot when I played with other families. He was probably fired because he spent his days at the gym instead of going to work.
    Similar things happened with the other families, so I ended up deleting the whole save and started playing with only one family per save.

Recently I've explored rotational play again and nothing annoying has happened yet, but I decided that I'll just play along with what happens. If someone wants to quit their job or build huge muscles or cheat their spouse while I play with other families I guess I'll just create some new stories for them then.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2019
    Not bored, Rotation
    I'm never bored but find playing one single family leads to too many Maxis NPCs so I fill all the lots with my own families and go from one to another giving them all jobs and enough to carry on with their lives by themselves. They become the wanderers and welcome wagon people in my games.

I am currently using Maxis' Story made Sims in a new Save to save me time though plus the Beaker and Sims 2 families and after improving my houses to include, nurseries, laundry rooms, greenhouses and conservatories in their time, I am now incorporating photographic studios for them. There's plenty to do.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    Bored, Rotational
    Bored to no end and obligated to do a rotation of almost 200 Sims. Otherwise, things are repetitive due to the lack in the personality of Sims as individuals and they are autonomously too "peaceful". No family arguments, no arguments or fights between Sims, etc. Every Sim just seems to be in this illusion of happiness even though they are in a negative mood - eg. Sad, angry, embarrassed, exhausted, etc... It is kind of creepy. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    I play the premade families on rotation and I'm enjoying it a lot.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Bored, Rotational
    I sort of suspected the rotational players to lead in the not bored category, however I am surprised the bored category is even.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Not bored, Single Family
    I have been playing the same family for like a year with aging off. Sometimes I swap family members in and out the household but that's it. Never get board with them I love them. :love:
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Not bored, Single Family
    I voted Not Bored Single Family, but only as the best option. In reality I have saves of single families and a rotational save too, but I play my same single family one the most often. About 85-90% of the time.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    edited August 2019
    Not bored, Single Family
    I should clarify. I have two saves. Both are different families. While both are quasi-rotational, (by that I mean I don't play each household in succession), as that bores me, but rather, for the most part I stick with one household. When needed I make sure Sims get married and the appropriate babies are born into their families, just so that the family itself is complete. It's crazy-insane the way I play, but some of the households are merely the siblings of my premiere Sim. Basically, they are supporting cast, so to speak. I've tried in the past to play just my six times great-grandparents (ggggg-great-grandparents), but it just isn't as much fun without the extended family hanging around. Same with my completely fictional family game save. I'm thoroughly invested in two of the five siblings. My answer, initially, was to move my Rock Star in with his younger married sister so that I could have her children born in the correct order while he continued on with his career. When the time came for him to get his own place and settle down, that's generally when something catastrophic occurs in my game, causing me to either roll back a save or two or start all over from scratch. Yeah, if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all! ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    Currently play rotation in my main save but that is only as I am on 2nd generation with my simself family. However I have played single household and I get just as much enjoyment and never got bored of either gameplay.
  • Options
    sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    I do a rotation of the same family line (my legacy) and I enjoy playing through the spares etc. At the moment it's a small rotation as not all the spares have or will be having children. I find that by the time I've played round the rotation I have ideas for what I want to do with the family I have next. It keeps gameplay interesting for me.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    I have rotational saves and saves with single families ..... but I rotate through all my saves when they call to me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    Never have been bored yet, always rotation. I've tried to play with just single family, but always end up with rotation. I guess that's just fits the best for me. B)
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Bored, Rotational
    I just cannot get into S4 the way i did/do S3 series then back to S2 but having said that there are some aspects of 4 I do enjoy just not for very long lol I have all my 4 worlds organized the way i like and do enjoy being being able to play whatever theme I feel like playing in the moment quickly :)
  • Options
    LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    Not bored, Single Family
    I have 7 or 8 different saves, but I only play 1 family in each save so I don't concider myself a rotational player. My saves are each a different legacy challenge or pack exploration themed, and I try to always play the one that i haven't touched in the longest time each time i opened my game, if that makes sense. It makes for slow going in each save, but i feel like it's also kept me motivated at the challenges more than ever before.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Bored, Rotational
    Bored, Rotational

I've been bored with the game for a little while and I'm waiting for something to get me back into it. I'm waiting for Moschino to go on sale, I oh want it for the new poses and photography markers.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    LostLambLostLamb Posts: 26 Member
    Bored, Rotational
    I sort of get inspired and do a whole bunch of things
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    I have a variety of households, challenges & building ideas regarding Seasons, Holidays, SciFi, Fantasy, Superheroes, Fairytales. Unique Families, Medievial/Victorian, Ancient Times, 1920s to 1940s, 1960s to 1970s and regular present day.
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    If I get bored with one family, I switch to another, simple as thst.
    Every sim has his own story, so it's never boring. It can be a bit stressful though, if I have too many kids. But I like how they turn out as adults, also I cant play with only a few children xD
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    I have about 20 families or so that I play around with, but one "main" family. Since that family I've been waiting for witches/magic for a few years they've been on hold a bit. If i'm feeling a bit meh about a family I'll swap to another to see how they are doing. Mine are all different enough that I'm rarely bored. :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    I have a large rotation. I'm not bored but I took a long break because I got busy. This has happened in the past with other versions. I take periodic breaks but I do come back when I have time and want to play again.

My rotation is from when I was playing before and it's easy to pick it back up. I'll keep it balanced with other activities and I won't be bored.

I have many households in one save and I move between them as they interact. It means that I know the back stories, motivations and personalities of the various characters. While I welcome any updates, I basically give them the personalities and plots myself. I like to know why a specific sim makes the decisions that they do. With the rotation, a random townie can become interesting. The friendships, relationships and various interactions make sense.

I don't set a specific timeline for when I flip between households but I usually give them at least 4-5 days before I switch, sometimes more like a week and a half or two. With Seasons, I am factoring in weather changes and holidays for when I switch to a new households. I get to experience the various worlds and the same venue can host a lot of different interactions. I always just know when it is time for a change. The timing is usually due to passing a milestone. If it gets too big, I may have some of them move away. I did that with a few that I didn't like.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Bored, Rotational
    I need some help lol.
    I have no idea what's going on but I seem to be unable to play live mode at all because of this boredom at this time.

Maybe it's because I'm a micromanager and completionist and feel I've already done everything I really like about this game (fav careers, hobbies, etc). I hate most of the new careers we're being given since I have no interest in social media and simstagrams and whatnots. Even the names for some normal career levels (for example gardener - "Flower Fellow", oh c'mon! Please.) make me dislike them.

It's probably why all my stories get boring after a while, because I tend to do all the same things every time.
    Pick a normal careers, get to a certain level, meet someone, get married, have kids, do aspirations, buy reward traits, level up in careers until my sims really don't need me anymore: they are not sleepy, hungry etc and the money keeps pouring in.
    Ofc I sometimes do different things: play a sim who woohoos everyone, play a sim that is a single parent, play a sim that is into archaeology and travels frequently to Selvadorada, play a sim that stays at home and writes books/paints for living without a career. But still it gets boring.

I love playing families and am so bored of the childhood aspirations and character values.
    I would love to play more elders but since they're basically different looking adults with the opportunity to die from jogging too much it also gets boring. Everything gets boring, plum it.

I am in dire need of some action in the game but dislike my sims being unhappy. I feel I need to spice things up with some divorces, cheating, death or so to get back on track. But I don't really want to. I want everything to be perfect and everyone to be happy - we have too little of that irl.

RoM may save me from the boredom though. For a while.

For now, I'm just bored.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited August 2019
    Not bored, Rotation
    Overall I will say the sims 4 does not draw me to play it like the sims 2 did. I didn’t care for all the rabbit hole buildings in the sims 3, and gave up early on that one. I have all the packs for sims 4.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    I wish there was an other option because I'm sort of in between. I've only recently gotten into rotational play. Before that, I was a single family player. I mostly rotate between households that are connected related or not. The closest to traditional rotational play (if you want to call it that) is rotating between everyone in the same world. I still look at that as somewhat connected though in the sense that they're all part of the same community.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel