Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell me about your criminal gangs

I’ve never had a criminal gang before, but I’m planning on making 2 rival gangs for my current save eventually. I would love to hear about your gangs, how you set them up, what you did with them, if they had gang headquarters, funny or surprising things they did, stuff like that, so I can get ideas. Screenshots welcome if you have them.
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I have a biker gang called the Desert Knives in Oasis Springs, they're not all that criminal as of now, but they're slowly becoming more violent because of their rivalry with another gang, the Fangs (they really need a better name) in the same part of town. There are no headquarters as of yet. As for surprising things, a member of the Fangs flirted with the girlfriend of the Desert Knives's leader and she responded pretty well... I really haven't played them as much as I would like, thank you for reminding me of them.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @citysimmer I like both of your gang names! That is awesome that those 2 sims have kind of a potential romeo/juliet thing going on.

@keekee53 I checked out that mod. It looks awesome!! Thanks for the tip.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I am more into Shangrila and Utopia type of game play - so I don't do criminal personalities in my game to often. I had one criminal dad who I keep making do nice things - just does not work out for me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    I've been wanting to take part in some of the "Extreme" mods that people like Sacrificial makes, but at the same time I like to post screenshots of my legacy here and I know posting pictures that include mods that "Raise the rating of the game" (like the mods I am eyeing up) is strictly against the rules. But if I started a gang I'd make the Ghostbusters. They just go around picking fights with all the ghosts I have inhabiting the public lots.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I had two rival gangs once called The Narwhal Casuals and The Narwhal Riffs. No prizes for guessing which hangout they shared!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Something I was working on but didn't finish yet...are rival teen bullies for my misfit teen gang. My misfits include a couple of alternative geniuses, some throwback hippie children and a witch. I wanted to create some drama by making a new gang of troublemakers who pick on them, but I also want an interesting background for each of them. It's still a work in progress but I'm looking forward to seeing the random fights in the parks.

One day when all of my Vampire children are older, things will get very interesting.
    #Team Occult
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I have a few

Newcrest Widths: A reformatory school/juvenile hall. Officially, they're supposed to try and step away from illicit activities. But the club has a "be mean to Newcrest Height sims" (from the fancy prep school nearby) so they regularly get into these little turf wars. Their "base" is their school, but I have it set to a local lounge where some of the NH sims go, so they can pick fights with them.

Golden Empire: All the rich "leader" sims of each neighborhood (The Goths, Fengs, Landgraabs, Vlad, etc.) have this secret cabal where they control everything in the world from behind the curtain. They also constantly backstab each other, make secret alliances and work to take over other lands: the Frosts of Newcrest were able to usurp control of StrangerVille from the Roswells, and a vampire that defeated and depowered Vlad took control over Forgotten Hollow. Their base is the Frosts' mansion, where they hold meetings under the guise of wealthy dinner parties.

The Lanas: From an old playthrough story I did. My sim, Lana, and her minions (Each of them also named Lana) just go around and insult, pick fights, and otherwise bully people. No reason for it, other than that they're jerks.

I'm also working on San Myshuno street gangs, but the three-club limit for sims makes forming the groups a pain.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • OfficialSavageYTOfficialSavageYT Posts: 3 New Member
    I Made An African-American Gang In San Myshuno Called The San Myshuno Demons.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I've been wanting to take part in some of the "Extreme" mods that people like Sacrificial makes, but at the same time I like to post screenshots of my legacy here and I know posting pictures that include mods that "Raise the rating of the game" (like the mods I am eyeing up) is strictly against the rules. But if I started a gang I'd make the Ghostbusters. They just go around picking fights with all the ghosts I have inhabiting the public lots.

I wish the Ghost-Busting in Sims3 had gone farther than it did. As for a gang, I do have the crew of the Enterprise (Original) in my game. They are a force to be reckoned with and put the Mother in her rightful place, they did. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I have a few

Newcrest Widths: A reformatory school/juvenile hall. Officially, they're supposed to try and step away from illicit activities. But the club has a "be mean to Newcrest Height sims" (from the fancy prep school nearby) so they regularly get into these little turf wars. Their "base" is their school, but I have it set to a local lounge where some of the NH sims go, so they can pick fights with them.

Golden Empire: All the rich "leader" sims of each neighborhood (The Goths, Fengs, Landgraabs, Vlad, etc.) have this secret cabal where they control everything in the world from behind the curtain. They also constantly backstab each other, make secret alliances and work to take over other lands: the Frosts of Newcrest were able to usurp control of StrangerVille from the Roswells, and a vampire that defeated and depowered Vlad took control over Forgotten Hollow. Their base is the Frosts' mansion, where they hold meetings under the guise of wealthy dinner parties.

The Lanas: From an old playthrough story I did. My sim, Lana, and her minions (Each of them also named Lana) just go around and insult, pick fights, and otherwise bully people. No reason for it, other than that they're jerks.

I'm also working on San Myshuno street gangs, but the three-club limit for sims makes forming the groups a pain.

Wow, well done. Those are some intense plot lines, especially the Golden Empire. That sounds like a film or tv show.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I have an art forgery ring. They steal paintings, make a copy of them (paint from reference) and then return the copy. :D
    I have a certain amount of deviant play running through my game though I'm mostly into playing wholesome and functional sims. It's just to keep things interesting.

Wolfgang Munch is a mob boss in my game. He's now gone through his second ex-wife and is gaining a bad reputation. He intends his son from his first marriage to be his heir but the boy is just so soft and gentle. His first wife was a spy who was keeping him under surveillance but Wolfgang caught on and she disappeared since her cover was blown. I haven't played with many underlings.

There's a sim named Shelley who I made playable that started as one of the criminals in the police station where I was playing with some cops. Shelley is the sister of the wife of one of the cops. She had a child to extort a wealthy sim whom she gave up to her sister to raise.

I do have a strict rule that kids in the game are all in stable and loving homes. I made the Sim courts force Shelley to give her son up to her more stable sister. Shelley can get up to whatever shenanigans she wants now and only has supervised visitation. Wolfgang takes care of his kid, he just thinks the boy is weak and needs to toughen up.

Not a gang but I've had a cult leader in the game who was brainwashing a number of sims through yoga. One of the spas was actually a front for his leadership. I will say it was incredibly funny. The Sim Local Council finally took action and expelled him and his followers from the game. (They could show up in another save if I want.) A couple of his children who escaped the cult are still in the game. I was amused by the thought that Wolfgang's mob would not go near the cult leader, they were genuinely terrified of him. Vampires also avoided him and his followers for being too weird.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Not a gang but I've had a cult leader in the game who was brainwashing a number of sims through yoga. One of the spas was actually a front for his leadership. I will say it was incredibly funny. The Sim Local Council finally took action and expelled him and his followers from the game.

That's genius! :D
    Not a gang but I've had a cult leader in the game who was brainwashing a number of sims through yoga. One of the spas was actually a front for his leadership. I will say it was incredibly funny. The Sim Local Council finally took action and expelled him and his followers from the game.

That's genius! :D

Thanks! It was really funny. The yoga was a form of mind control. It was primarily based in Oasis Springs and he lived in that house that the Calientes start in. Beware of mysterious sims with unexplained wealth who promise to solve all of your problems.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I have a few

Wow, well done. Those are some intense plot lines, especially the Golden Empire. That sounds like a film or tv show.

OMG I love the Golden Empire!!! High illumitati + new global order energy. Love it.

About Lana and her minions, it must be so funny to watch it lol

I love Get Together for allowing such incredible ideas.
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I had a criminal couple. Nothing happened. It was boring and disappointing.
  • DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    > @Cinderellimouse said:
    > I have an art forgery ring. They steal paintings, make a copy of them (paint from reference) and then return the copy. :D

That is hilarious and I love the idea :D I haven't tried anything quite so criminally sophisticated. My sims turn out mean and go around beating up half the town for aspiration fodder :#
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited August 2019
    I actually have a secret high society club who does operate shady businesses in order to benefit from the community. They are featured in my As Sims Go By video series as a contrasting board to the real Council. It's not like they run about to rob old ladies or break into a store to steal values, though. These sims are mostly too rich to bother with small winnings - if they see §100 on the pavement where they walk, they would probably just walk on ;) I'm not even sure they see themselves as criminals, most of them might think they just do what they are entitled to. They like to influence laws and official routines, while nobody knows about the existence of their group - yet...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited August 2019

Ha! Just read this and it's pretty much like my secret Ground Up cartel, described above :) In my group there is one memnber from each world (most worlds) and it's normally the wealthiest resident. They cooperate and support each other a bit more than yours, though :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited August 2019
    i've got a handful right now, though i don't actually play sims involved in many of them... some i'm hoping a future pack or update will make more useful but for now, they're great for background and flavor (something clubs are amazing for in general)

Mobwives: first up is the original, 'mobwives' which is run by nancy landgraab and is made up of various higher tier members of her criminal empire, including an alien and a selvadoradan native (who smuggles artifacts, both real and fake, for the others to sell). they hang out in a heavily revamped solar flare lounge with the top floor exclusive to them and full of their ill-gotten gains
    they're mostly one of my background groups, though i do play both the landgraab household and the household the alien is in from time to time

some of my groups aren't exactly criminal gangs, either, but they're close enough to count for this thread, i believe. those include the likes of...

Evil, Inc: "a family company!" is their tagline. this is actually just a family-specific club for my alien supervillain and his teenage daughter and child son to keep their relationships high. all three are evil and consider themselves above humanity, even though they have to hide who they really are while trying to take over. it also allows them all access to the secret lab beneath the house. i'm hoping that if we get something like the superhero pack that was suggested a while back there might be a way to expand this with minions and lackeys and such

Cult of the Mother: founded by ted roswell, this is basically my explanation for how the strangerville stuff keeps happening. i have ted feed the fruit to other sims when i play him (trying to get a wide assortment of infected, though i also try to stick to just townies for the most part). i also invite the townies spawned specifically as infected every time the story starts over (though it is annoying getting ted back into the club at each start...). they don't have a club hangout, though he does occasionally invite the others to his secret basement bunker

The Senate: (this one's name is constantly trying to change, but i never like anything for terribly long). it's one of several politician clubs in my game and has members of all the other (nominally competing) clubs in it. this one is specifically for corrupted politicians trying to make money on the side, sell their votes or whatever. of course, a fair number of them are 'owned' by nancy landgraab's mobwives or some of the other groups that show up in this post

Net Demons: except the leader, none of these sims are even remotely connected to anything criminal at all. in fact, one's a detective and one is a secret agent. overall, the club is used to represent the faceless army of hackers my oracle sim uses to dominate the technological aspects of much of my game. she's as liable to work against the other criminal organizations as she is with them. they have a 'secret' hackspace beneath a penthouse nightclub in san myshuno, full of equipment and more than enough computers for the whole group to hack or work on their coding at once

Smug: a group of alien astronauts, every single one in the interstellar smuggler branch of the career. most of them live together in one household (with one's teenage daughter) while a few other members live on their own (one is in strangerville, she's the one that supplies them and their buyers with the bizarre fruit some, such as 'evil, inc' request...). they have an alien-themed nightclub in magnolia promenade (which is fully done as an alien neighborhood in my game) as their hangout, with a room exclusively for their use at the top, full of the wares they're currently trying to sell. the name of this club is based on a magazine in a webcomic i read. "smug: for smugglers, by smugglers"

The Dark Council: this club is another that isn't exactly a criminal organization, but it sometimes has to act as one, so it's here. it's full of influential vampires of all sorts, founded by vlad himself. the leadership of competing vampire clubs (the 'council of masques' loosely based on white wolf's 'camarilla' and 'brute squad' loosely based on white wolf's anarchs are examples of these), influential loners such as sebastian lacroix (based on the character of the same name in vampire: the masquerade: bloodlines), ancient nobility or similar from other cultures are found here, trying to help run things from the shadows, keep themselves from being outed to the majority of the public too much while also keeping strong influence over the mortal world

there's likely going to be a similar club to the dark council formed with the upcoming realm of magic pack, though there's also a chance it'll wind up being more villainy-focused and turn out akin to the deatheaters of harry potter. we'll have to see. i just know there are going to be a few spellcaster-specific clubs in the near future

last up, i've got five intertwined clubs that have completely rewritten the history of san myshuno for me, though they also touch on aspects of other worlds/neighborhoods and butt heads with virtually every other group i've mentioned above (as well as law enforcement clubs and other leadership things not mentioned here)

originally, i was going to have san myshuno's criminal element run by a yakuza family, even created a sim i was going to play who started out at the bottom rung and would work his way towards the top. then, i stumbled across an amazing gallery find vampire, the jade countess. i really liked her story and expanded quite a bit on it, which wound up helping flesh out quite a lot of the behind the scenes of my san myshuno.
    she was a chinese immigrant who came to the states with her trader family, got roped into helping build the transcontinental railroad like many chinese immigrants did and, while they were blasting through a mountain range near the west coast, they disturbed... something
    that something wound up being an ancient mayan spirit of some sort, killed virtually everyone in the area but left a curse on the sim who would eventually become the jade countess. the curse turned her into a vampire, but with reptilian characteristics. she refuses to believe she's a vampire, insisting that she's been cursed (or blessed) by the dragons of her home culture's mythology. because of this, she rejects the invitations to join the dark council and even despises that group. how dare they consider her a mere 🐸🐸🐸🐸 like them when she's obviously so much more
    the jade countess has been in san myshuno for centuries, now, both protecting and preying on the chinese population and slowly expanding to other asian cultures as well (she's still set in her beliefs that the chinese are better, but within the past 50 years has realized having access to the others helps. maybe in another 100 years or so she'll look beyond asians). she runs things from a traditional chinese house rebuilt atop one of the penthouse locations in the city (it's actually a korean hanok house that i use because that build is absolutely fantastic and i hadn't found any nicely traditional chinese houses before i stumbled across the hanok. but we can fudge things a bit) and has turned several others into 'totally not vampires' to be her top officers in her organization. these officers are a club of their own, with her in charge. and many of them also lead another club dedicated to focusing on one aspect of her rule/power. i'll list the five together below

Fangs of the Dragon technically, the name should be in chinese, but i leave it in english here. this is the leadership club, run by the jade countess herself, with her top advisor and the leaders of all the sub-gangs under her domain. they, of course, meet at her penthouse, which is also where others that pay fealty to her visit her (such as the fengs. victor isn't a corrupted member of the senate, but he knows better to get on the bad side of the countess)

the four clubs beneath this, each led by a fang, are named after the four symbols, four mythological creatures that are considered the guardians of the cardinal directions, among other things. they're known in english as the azure dragon of the east, the vermilion bird of the south, the white tiger of the west and the black turtle of the north. these clubs each focus on a different aspect of the city they help control and mostly use chinese names, with one big exception i'll mention below. only the leaders of these clubs are vampires, the rest are regular sims, for the most part, though i do occasionally consider adding occults of different sorts. a ghost could be fun, or maybe a spellcaster with the upcoming pack

QingLong: the first of the four, and one of the two i haven't actually done anything with, really, is the azure dragon which represents wood (one of the five oriental elements, compared to the 4 occidental ones) as well as the east and the season spring. haven't really decided what i want it to be in charge of, though i frequently lean towards politics and police/military or such for it

ZhuQue next up is the vermilion bird, the second i haven't actually done anything with. it represents south, summer and the element of fire. this bird often gets mistaken for the fenghuang, the chinese version of the phoenix and there kind of is an overlap in some of the things associated with them. the vermilion bird is said to be elegant and noble in both appearance and behavior as well as being selective in what it eats and where it perches. the vampire i put in charge of it is the only female in the whole setup other than the jade countess herself. i kind of lean towards putting them in charge of the entertainment industry, among other things, having actors, trendsetters, musicians, social media and more fall under their control. quite possibly, they'd also be in charge of gambling and/or blackmail as well

BaiHu: the white tiger is next on the list, it's associated with the west, autumn and the element metal. this club focuses primarily on the actual criminal element of the city and, while it was originally chinese-only and the leader is very much a chinese vampire of at least 150 years, they've expanded a bit, infiltrating triads, tongs and various other criminal orginizations often associated with specific asian cultures or nations, with the major exception being the yakuza, though the club does have a member who used to be involved with a bosozuku gang back in japan. in it's current incarnation, the club/gang has chinese, japanese and vietnamese members, though i'll likely add more asian nationalities over time

Genbu: the black tortoise club is the only one that uses its japanese name instead of the chinese name (which would be xuanwu). the black tortoise is associted with north, winter and the element water. the jade countess was able to sway an elder member of a yakuza family into leaving that organization and joining hers in exchange for immortality. he brought his whole family and quite a few members of his specific branch over, too, with promises that they, too, would eventually achieve immortality through their work for their new patron (...whether this actually happens or not is to be seen). because of this, the group uses the japanese name instead of the chinese and primarily stick to the traditions they're used to as opposed to the ones their compatriots in the other clubs are used to
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I have an art forgery ring. They steal paintings, make a copy of them (paint from reference) and then return the copy. :D

Ooh, I might have to...ahem...steal this idea. lol
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there!

As this thread had been inactive since 2019, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

Thanks,
    Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top