March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Free Will Experience (Inspired by other Free Will Challenges)

Comments

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    @Skeilah I did the first play though with simself's of some of my closet friends and I know the feeling about not wanting any of them to die! So when the game ended so fast, I thought the next play through's would be with random sims! But I'm thinking now, that the next set will come from random townies! I think it will be fun, if I make it that far! <3
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    @Skeilah I did the first play though with simself's of some of my closet friends and I know the feeling about not wanting any of them to die! So when the game ended so fast, I thought the next play through's would be with random sims! But I'm thinking now, that the next set will come from random townies! I think it will be fun, if I make it that far! <3

It sounds great already!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Skeilah wrote: »
    Yes they do! Wait until tomorrow when I publish day 2. It's becoming an addict to someone!

I'm sure it is, lol
    Phew, thanks for letting me know I'm doing the points correctly. So if I get it right, when someone reached level 4, he or she will get 2 points, right?

Correct. If any Sim reaches Level 4, he/she will get +2 points.
    I am still a bit scared of that fireplace. My whole living room can just be gone in one second.

Understandable. Anything can happen with Sims we don't control and that's part of the fun/worry.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Nice seeing the contestants take care of Oreo! The little dance interaction is especially cute. <3
    I think we all held our breath when Madalyn started grilling fruit, lol
    Look at Terrance and Margaret ... I've not had autonomous Sims flirt so it will be interesting to see if this continues. Or is it a way for him to distract her so he can reclaim the top spot in points earning. Hmmm ... time will tell.

Yes! The fact they all enjoy playing with Oreo is one of the things I love best about this new group! I'm not sure if they were actually flirting, but it sure looked like it. Margaret was in a flirty mood though, she's got the romantic trait. Hmm, maybe you're right about Terrance only trying to distract her, but he doesn't strike me as being that manipulative. However, he is in the business career, so who knows! lol ;)

Have not had a chance yet to read your Day 11, but I'll comment as soon as I do! Just from the screenshot, I feel bad for Darrell and got a laugh out of you thinking about that song, it's perfect for it. hehe :)

@Skeilah Great first day! I agree with ADWilson, they sure love the computer, funny how they kept stealing it from each other. I got a kick out how you're narrating it too, especially when you said the one contestant hit her head on the door and "hey, that's my boyfriend!". lol Looking forward to Day 2!
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    I loved reading your Day 3, I love Oreo and the little dance too! So cute! Oreo is much loved by your sim family! I love they way your Terrance looks also, and I see that mustache is very catchy, I like it even better in red color! I can't wait to find out what goes on with Terrance and Margaret, and they are holding their own in scores too! Can't wait to read more!

That mustache cracks me up! It's so silly, but it really seems to suit Terrance. He makes it work for him in an endearing way eh? Yes, Terrance, Margaret and Madelyn seem to really be going for it cleaning wise in this challenge. I still think Margaret might top them all in the end, but we'll see. :) Day 4 will be coming up later tonight. <3
    @Karababy52 I really love Terrance because of how he is, even with his ugly moustache. And yeah, I also love Oreo (and your family too, it’s so cute). Can’t wait to see more!

@ADWilson Everything is breaking there xD I think I read something saying that you can do a call for repairs on mondays and thursdays? They will be glad to hear it’s almost thursday then, I think!

It’s too bad I can’t take ingame screenshots with text. That’s also fun too see, but I don’t play my game in English hehehe
    @ADWilson Everything is breaking there xD I think I read something saying that you can do a call for repairs on mondays and thursdays? They will be glad to hear it’s almost thursday then, I think!

It’s too bad I can’t take ingame screenshots with text. That’s also fun too see, but I don’t play my game in English hehehe

Yes, you read right. You can call for repairs on Monday and Thursday without taking a penalty. But ... if you don't want to wait until then, repair things and have each Sim takes -3 points.

To get in-game screenshots with text, I press Alt + PrtSc (print screen) and copy that into Paint, then save from there. I use the free editing site BeFunky to crop the picture or edit. The site also allows for collages, too. Anyway, that's what I do & I'm sure there are other ways this can be done. :)
    @Skeilah Day 2 was a fun read :)
    Rob and Jolien are the top two but Branwen isn't far behind. Your comments about things like Rob eating from the plate left on the sidewalk are quite entertaining. I was surprised by all of them going outside and standing around like they did. It will be interesting to see if they do this again.

There seems to be a glitch when Sims get home from work: They'll stand around on the sidewalk for a very long time.
    It's okay to direct them to go inside the house and then leave them to their own devices. I will do a "go here" to get them back inside the house.

Also, food does not have to stay inside the inventory if the Sim leaves it there. Yes, this is another glitch we've come across. I pull the food out and set it on an available counter or the dining table.

Just wanted to make sure you knew it was okay to intervene in these two instances.
    @Skeilah Day 2 was a fun read :)
    Rob and Jolien are the top two but Branwen isn't far behind. Your comments about things like Rob eating from the plate left on the sidewalk are quite entertaining. I was surprised by all of them going outside and standing around like they did. It will be interesting to see if they do this again.

There seems to be a glitch when Sims get home from work: They'll stand around on the sidewalk for a very long time.
    It's okay to direct them to go inside the house and then leave them to their own devices. I will do a "go here" to get them back inside the house.

Also, food does not have to stay inside the inventory if the Sim leaves it there. Yes, this is another glitch we've come across. I pull the food out and set it on an available counter or the dining table.

Just wanted to make sure you knew it was okay to intervene in these two instances.

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll keep learning while writing, hehe.
    ~*~*~*~*~
    ~*~*~*~*~

It’s unanimous! This house has a certain reputation! Even visitors, welcome or unwelcome, notice the “unwritten rule” …
    19-4.png
    @Karababy52 I really love Terrance because of how he is, even with his ugly moustache. And yeah, I also love Oreo (and your family too, it’s so cute). Can’t wait to see more!

Ugly? I think it's more adorably quirky than ugly, but I know a lot of Simmers despise that mustache. To each his own I guess eh? :) Thanks about my contestants, they're a fun bunch to play with, well, watch anyway. ;) I love Oreo and so do the contestants. She's supposed to be a troublemaker, but the most trouble I've seen from her is barking at stuff she fears so far. She has rolled in puddles though. *shrugs*

Your Day 2 was a fun day, a bit nerve-wracking for you though I would imagine. Especially seeing your Sims turn blue and start freezing. My contestants stand around when they get home too, but thankfully I'm playing in the Summer season with weather effects turned off for this round. I still send them inside though as ADWilson mentioned was allowed. Funny how some of them kept going to bed, getting up, switching beds, etc. I wonder why they do that? Mine do that too. You'd think they'd just stay in bed and sleep until their energy is full. Anyway, looking forward to reading Day 3!

@ADWilson LOL Oh man, what is with that house and the swearing? So weird. Of course with Vlad, perhaps you locked the door so he couldn't get in and he's not too happy about it would be a good explanation. Otherwise, I don't know what could be causing visitors to swear too. Maybe they get upset when nobody answers the door to let them in for a visit? Your poor contestants, basically everything is broken now. I feel bad for Doodle the most, poor dog is in desperate need of a bath. The rule about calling for repair was implemented already wasn't it? Why are you waiting to call them? Just for kicks? Anyway, in the meanwhile contestants sure are taking advantage to wrack up points eh? lol

I didn't know stray cats could just wander inside your house like that. It's reaction to Doodle though was hilarious. I feel sorry for it being all stinky from being sprayed by a skunk. That's one reason I don't play in Brindleton Bay much anymore, all the sick, filthy, miserable strays wandering around just makes me too sad. Did the cat stay long? Did anyone fill the bowl so it could at least get a bite to eat? Just curious... Anxiously awaiting Day 13! <3

I apologize for not getting my Day 4 posted yet. I have many, many game saves that I play, and I made the mistake of opening my Legacy save last night. I say mistake because my founder had built a tidy sum of simoleons up for herself and her tiny shack could finally be updated. Well, you can imagine what happened. Once I start building, it's hard for me to stop, I get so into it! And I have the added disability of being a perfectionist, so it takes a long time for me to build. Next thing I knew, it was time for Hubby to get up for work and for me to hit the hay.

I'll be headed back into game in a little while and spend Day 4 with the FW 2.0 gang tonight and hopefully be able to post their progress soon. By the way, thanks so much to all of you for reading and commenting on my play-through. Very much appreciated! <3
    @Karababy52 There was something unique about my house, that's for sure ... lol
    No. I didn't lock any doors but Vlad didn't knock either ... came and stood there, swore and then walked away.
    Yes, the cat was fed (so was Doodle) and scooted out at some point. I missed seeing when.
    Things get repaired on Day 13. I can't recall when the rule actually got implemented as rules and variations were changing so some I noticed/some I didn't.

We'll be leaving town tomorrow afternoon and gone through the weekend so I will be posting Day 13 and Day 14 in a little bit so y'all don't have to wait until we get home to see the ending of this.
    ~*~*~*~*~
    ~*~*~*~*~

Tyler naps in the tub and by doing so, blocks a bathroom.
    5-5.jpg
    ~*~*~*~*~
    ~*~*~*~*~

Look at this cute painting!
    10-8.png

So that's it. End of this round.
    Hope y'all enjoyed it. I know I did!

As promised, I went back in and took pictures of the promotion goodies:
    fwgoodies1.png
    fwgoodies2.png

Alisha:
    L2 Emblems of Espionage
    L3 Duffel o' Cash
    L4 Vintage Baseball Bat Sculpture

Brooks:
    L2 Porcu-Pro Business Card Holder
    L3 Sim idol Rug
    L4 Rock of Ages Retro Stereo

Darrell:
    L2 Corporate Chic countertop (3 of them)
    L3 Stainless Steel Auto-Pot

Heather:
    L2 Emblems of Espionage
    L3 Duffel o' Cash

Josephine:
    L2 Picture Perfect Art Lighting
    L3 Study of the Human Form
    L4 Easy-Breezy Easel
    L5 Painting Canvas Storage Rack

Tyler:
    L2 Porcu-Pro Business Card Holder
    L3 Sim idol Rug
    L4 Rock of Ages Retro Stereo
    @ADWilson Congrats to the winner! It was really fun to read. That pizza delivery man sitting at the pool tho :') Also, cute sleeping Doodle at Day 14 <3
    Karababy52 wrote: »

Ugly? I think it's more adorably quirky than ugly, but I know a lot of Simmers despise that mustache. To each his own I guess eh? :)

I just really don't like moustaches. Say to Terrance that I'm sorry. I didn't meant it that way.

edited August 2019
    Here's Day 4, finally! Uploading to Imgur was a struggle, kept stopping on me. Once it did finally upload my screenshots, they were all mixed up again. *sigh* Anyway, hope you enjoy it! :)

I'll be back later to read everyone's updates and comment, time for bed now. Have a great day! <3
    @Skeilah The plates of spoiled hamburgers placed everywhere made me laugh because none of my Sims did that. The back and forth on who would do the cleaning up was amusing to read. But ... Ellen !!! Oh my goodness. Sorry this happened and resulted in an early GAME OVER. Congratulations to you for putting out the fire and sliding into 1st Place.

Are you going to plan another round?
    If so, make sure you have fire alarms inside (near stove and fireplace) and the utility panel outside.
    @Karababy52 Sorry you had trouble with imgur.
    I've not seen the 'discourage' interaction before. Interesting. It's neat to see how much love & attention Oreo gets. Janette's master plan seems to be working although I though Madelyn was the only evil one in this bunch (their evil laugh is growing on me!). Your caption for Janette's "tail" made me laugh. Look at those points! Margaret is doing what she can to hold on to 1st Place!!
    edited August 2019
    @Skeilah The plates of spoiled hamburgers placed everywhere made me laugh because none of my Sims did that. The back and forth on who would do the cleaning up was amusing to read. But ... Ellen !!! Oh my goodness. Sorry this happened and resulted in an early GAME OVER. Congratulations to you for putting out the fire and sliding into 1st Place.

Are you going to plan another round?
    If so, make sure you have fire alarms inside (near stove and fireplace) and the utility panel outside.

I want to play another round, maybe with the same people because really, it's too much fun to play with people you know. Can you play with the same people for more attempts? Or is that lazy from my side? :#

I had a fire alarm inside, but forgot to place the utility panel outside. Too bad for me. I just didn't think of it.

Now I'm going to read Karababy's day 4.
    edited August 2019
    There was something unique about my house, that's for sure ... lol No. I didn't lock any doors but Vlad didn't knock either ... came and stood there, swore and then walked away. Yes, the cat was fed (so was Doodle) and scooted out at some point. I missed seeing when. Things get repaired on Day 13. I can't recall when the rule actually got implemented as rules and variations were changing so some I noticed/some I didn't.

Huh, so weird about Vlad. Ah, I figured you'd have fed both. Okay, was just curious about the repair service thing, understandable. :) As for Day 13 & the final day, I had a feeling Brooks was going to win it all just because he was so far ahead of everyone else. Thanks again for posting your play through, I learned a lot from it and it was so fun to read! Were we supposed to save all the promotion rewards? I sold my group's stuff they earned from starting out with Story Mode, except Margaret's medals.
    Sorry you had trouble with imgur. I've not seen the 'discourage' interaction before. Interesting. It's neat to see how much love & attention Oreo gets. Janette's master plan seems to be working although I though Madelyn was the only evil one in this bunch (their evil laugh is growing on me!). Your caption for Janette's "tail" made me laugh. Look at those points! Margaret is doing what she can to hold on to 1st Place!!

It's the first time I've ever seen 'discourage' too. I don't understand it's purpose unless they're an evil Sim. I'll have to look again at their traits, but I believe you're right, only Madelyn has the evil trait. I couldn't resist throwing in Madelyn saying that about the glitchy 'tail' screenshot. I laughed so hard when I saw it. Paused at just the right time trying to log Janette washing dishes. LOL Margaret is just sailing ahead at this point, Terrance, Madelyn and Janette aren't too far behind though. Jacobo and Saul better step it up, they're getting left in the dust. o.O

Hope you have a great weekend out of town, enjoy! :)

@Skeilah Aww, man, that bites about Ellen. Congrats to your Simself though for winning! Don't feel too bad about having a Game Over so soon, my first play through only lasted halfway through Day 5. My Sim drowned though due to back floating in the pool and being exhausted. Hence the reason this new group don't have a pool. However, I did almost lose Jacobo early on to a grill fire. Thank goodness for the fire suppression utility panel!

By the way, ADWilson, I believe in the description that object says it needs a roof overhead for the sprinklers to deploy so it should really go inside unless it's put underneath a covered porch or something, right? I haven't used that thing much though, so maybe I'm mistaken.

I had the same thing happen with the spoiled food as you did too and I think it contributed to my first go round contestant's death. Now I know better and take out any grilled food they put in their personal inventory. I put it on the kitchen table for everyone to enjoy. I sincerely hope you do try this again, it's a learning experience and lots of fun! :)

EDIT: Oh and no worries about the mustache thing, it's cool. :)

My Day 5 will be coming up soon. Happy Simming y'all! <3
    edited August 2019
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @Skeilah Aww, man, that bites about Ellen. Congrats to your Simself though for winning! Don't feel too bad about having a Game Over so soon, my first play through only lasted halfway through Day 5. My Sim drowned though due to back floating in the pool and being exhausted. Hence the reason this new group don't have a pool. However, I did almost lose Jacobo early on to a grill fire. Thank goodness for the fire suppression utility panel!

By the way, ADWilson, I believe in the description that object says it needs a roof overhead for the sprinklers to deploy so it should really go inside unless it's put underneath a covered porch or something, right? I haven't used that thing much though, so maybe I'm mistaken.

I had the same thing happen with the spoiled food as you did too and I think it contributed to my first go round contestant's death. Now I know better and take out any grilled food they put in their personal inventory. I put it on the kitchen table for everyone to enjoy. I sincerely hope you do try this again, it's a learning experience and lots of fun! :)

EDIT: Oh and no worries about the mustache thing, it's cool. :)

My Day 5 will be coming up soon. Happy Simming y'all! <3

I read your first play before I started mine. It was really sad but funny (okay dying is never funny but all those photo's turning black and sad and stuff made me laugh a little, oops). You were constantly like "nooooo go inside or you'll dieeeee!" and it was just like I was screaming with you, hahahahaa. I was also a little scared because I also had a pool in my house (and I was also scared about my fireplace), but noooo, the grill did it. Maybe I'll just ban the grill or something.

This really was a nice learning experience tho! I'll be glad to try this again soon. I'm still thinking of rewinding this group as if nothing happened, maybe put them in another house and give Ellen another chance. She didn't deserve to die and in real life now she's mad at me and going to get me back :# I do need to change Branwens hair tho, she recently cut it shorter. A little bit longer as Ellens hair.

I also read your story now @Karababy52 and reaaaalllyyyy, I wanted to hug Oreo myself. All this love and attention! Also when Madelyn was letting out an evil laugh and Oreo was like "Whatcha doin'?! This is really weird stop it" hahahahaah I couldn't.

This is my all time favorite photo from now:
    9KVU5Qg.png

JUST LOOK AT THAT <3

Too bad Terrance got sick after that.
    edited August 2019
    @Skeilah Day 2, I see your sims like the bathroom shenanigans also! :D I hope they stop standing outside so they don't freeze!
    Day 3, oh they have spoiled hamburgers everywhere, someone is going to get a lot of cleaning points! :) Way to go Branwen! "That's +10 for Branwen" :o OH NO, poor Ellen, OH MY GOSH NOoooooooooooo!!!
    Congrats to you for winning!! Yes please give it another go!
    @Karababy52 Oh no poor Terrance sick! Margaret & Terrance are holding their on! Another wonderful read through!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top