Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Worst Game Pack? [Your Opinion]

Comments

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2019
    Spa Day
    This is the one I use the least. Actually that’s not true, I probably use OR less but at least it does come with a (vacation) world and I do use the camping stuff.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Outdoor Retreat. It's just... boring. I find camping boring in all aspects of life, I guess.
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Strangerville
    Each of the game packs I have really LOVED for one reason or another, but there's nothing in StrangerVille that makes me feel that way. I was very underwhelmed by it.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Dine Out
    I voted Dine Out. I use the furniture and decorations sometimes but other than that I may as well not have the pack and don't feel I would miss it. The other packs either are really high up my Love list or have lots of items I use frequently. And I really love Vampires and Strangerville. IL would be midway down this list, as I love the islands themselves and the furniture but there's not much else to it, if it had been sold as the GP it really seems to be.
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    I really can't choose. I love them all.
    @PrincipleOfEntropy and @GrumpyGlowfish I find it odd that you think Spa Day was like a SP (not attacking you, just find it odd), cause I loved it when it was released and thought it was full of content. It's probably one of my favourites. I use it in every save that I play, both CAS and Bulid/Buy. My favourite thing is to put yoga instructor and yoga mats in parks and have my sims go there early in the morning to do some yoga <3 Outdoor retreat was a great fun too. It's mainly used for honeymoons in my saves, but the world is really beautiful in winter time.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I didn't vote because I like and use all the gamepacks I own (and really like everything I've seen of the 3 I don't: Vampires, Strangerville & Jungle adventure). I go through love/ hate phases with outdoor retreat so maybe I should pick it but when I'm in the mood and have the right sims its a really good time. Spa Day is essential build / buy stuff for me, all my sims develop some level of wellness and I love visiting the spa. I wish there was an active career to go with it though.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Dine Out
    DO because it's nearly unplayable since its release.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Spa Day
    Mostly because I've not used anything from it that I know of. Not been to a spa, and not sure where there even are any. Dine out was close, but I do use various items from it in my restaurant builds.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2019
    Spa Day
    I don't like destination worlds, so I thought about voting for JA or OA, but JA comes with lots of cool stuff, and I love being able to stargaze. So far, the only thing I'm using Spa Day for is a pool decal. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Morkovka wrote: »
    Can't vote really, I like all the GPs so far and won't be judging ROM before seeing it.

Same, I like all of them.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Definitely OR - it's not that I hate it or never use it but I definitely use it the least. While I use restaurants and spas all the time, have played through the Strangerville story twice and am itching to do it again, like the JA world and temples, have Parenthood fully integrated in every family I play, and love supernatural elements in my game, OR is just a pack I frequently forget exists.

Can't wait for RoM tbh, I hope it will be my favorite just like TS3 supernaturals is kind of my favorite there <3
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I don't own Vampires and Strangerville and also I am not purchasing ROM so I can't judge these three.

And I love all of the GPs I own so I can't really tell. JA is my favorite GP currently and my least favorite is currently Dine Out probably but I wouldn't say it is the worst one.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Dine Out
    I have to say Dine Out because of how buggy it is, it gets fixed, then it breaks again. When it works, it is amazing and quite fun, but obviously it's broken six ways to Sunday. Hopefully, it'll be fixed for good eventually, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much. But a close second would be Spa Day, I usually plop one of the three lots down in Newcrest, maybe send my sims there when they're stressed, only rarely do I use any of the gameplay items.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Dine Out
    @PrincipleOfEntropy and @GrumpyGlowfish I find it odd that you think Spa Day was like a SP (not attacking you, just find it odd), cause I loved it when it was released and thought it was full of content. It's probably one of my favourites. I use it in every save that I play, both CAS and Bulid/Buy. My favourite thing is to put yoga instructor and yoga mats in parks and have my sims go there early in the morning to do some yoga <3

Don't get me wrong, I really like Spa Day and how easy it integrates into your sims' everyday lives without actually having to visit a spa. It's just, when I compare it to some of the newer GPs like Vampires, which comes with a new occult, a new world, lot traits, two new skills and three aspirations, Spa Day feels a little lacking; it could at least have a new wellness-related career and/or aspiration to go with the (admittedly awesome) CAS and BB items. Stuff packs are usually the ones that mainly bring CAS and BB items and maybe one or two gameplay objects, and so does Spa Day, which is why I say it's like a stuff pack, but that doesn't mean I don't like it.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Strangerville
    Strangerville offer the least amount of replayability, after completed the story and then what?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Dine Out
    izecson wrote: »
    Strangerville offer the least amount of replayability, after completed the story and then what?

That's very true. For me it ranks higher because I love the town, although I do think it could be bigger and have more community lots. However I think it is beautiful, I actually like a lot of the clothes and the build/buy is just my thing. So for me it's worth it for that.

I think gameplay overall is severely lacking in TS4, we need lots more to do with our Sims.
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Spa Day
    It was surprisingly hard to choose my least favorite game pack. I only went with Spa Day because I'm not too keen on adding Spa lots to my games. However, the wellness skill is fun, and this pack's wallpapers and flooring are clean and modern (a good thing, imo). So I voted it as my least favorite and still have a ton of positive things to say? I think this just means that TS4 kills it with game packs.

All of the game packs add great Build/buy and terrific gameplay features. I just hope the Sims 4 continues releasing solid game packs.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Spa Day
    Don't think any are bad. I like somethings in every pack and have a lot of fun with all the packs.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Dine Out
    I chose Dine Out because it seems consistantly buggy and only serves one function and just doesn't add much to the game the way others do. I almost chose Spa Day but I feel that the objects in that pack can still be used outside of a spa and generally run more smoothly.

If I went with personal preferences to the pack that has the least use to me, I would have chosen Parenthood. It's the only Game Pack that I don't have and don't miss.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I hate the celebrity one got it for the clothes. Next one I hate is JA feel that I wasted my money.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Dine Out
    In a perfect world dine out would be my favorite, but it just breaks too much. I do like all the packs so far, so I simply chose the one that gives me the most headaches.
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Dine Out
    Out of all of them, probably Dine Out, just because it's the one I have the least interest in, followed by Jungle Adventure. I don't know, it's just not a way of playing I'm big on, although I do enjoy the items in the pack.

I'm of the opinion there's no real BAD Game Pack, personally. Underwhelming, certainly, but most of the times the Game Packs really do deliver on what they add. Vampires was great (and literally the best Vampires have ever been in the series), Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure and Strangerville are fun, and Parenthood adds a ton to flesh out younger Sims. And again, even though I'm not big on Dine Out, it did everything I felt it needed to do to be considered a good addition to the game, although it did feel like something cut from the Get To Work expansion.
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2019
    Strangerville
    This is my opinion. It was cool they tried to do a story with the game pack, but it doesn't appeal to everyone. It would of made sense if aliens came with this pack and not GTW and they could of squeezed in the science career if they took out the story and had a different career in GTW to take its place( tatoo artist/hair stylist). I said in a previous post I would buy it if Island Living and Strangerville were both on sale and now they both are and I changed my mind and probably wont get it.
    Post edited by NoirStasis on
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't have Spa Day, so no comment. Vampires and Dine Out are my favorites, Parenthood and Jungle Adventure are good, and Realm of Magic auto-wins because witches witches witches.

Outdoor Retreat is kind of a flop because Granite Falls is so boring. But I honestly got the back more for the tents than anything else. StrangerVille, I mostly bought for the neighborhood, BB items and laptops. I guess StrangerVille has more stuff that I like to use, but I like Outdoor Retreat more because I can see potential there. If I get Spa Day, Granite Falls becomes a spa destination. Haven't touched Herbalism yet, since I hate collecting, but it could be fun in conjunction with RoM.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I generally like all of the packs I have. I don't have Strangerville because I've been too busy to game lately. That's not TS4's fault. I probably will catch up with sales.

I like each of the GPS for the different aspects that they provide. I do think Outdoor Retreat was the earliest and simplest so it could offer a bit more. I agree with the person who said that aliens should have come with Strangerville. I am more of an open-ended realistic player but I'm willing to try new things.

I like Dine Out because I like having a lot of restaurant venues as places for my sims to go. I play with a large rotational save. When I last played a household, I noticed that having one of the households run the restaurant while playing with other households in the same save who visited it caused that restaurant to not function like the others. I'd need to try that again to specifically say what was happening but having one of my sims own a restaurant meant that the restaurant didn't function as smoothly when I played another household visiting the same venue as a customer. I'm guessing it's an issue that only comes up with that specific playstyle.

It just means that a restaurant mogul really might need to be in a different save than a large rotation that wants to use that venue. That isn't ideal for me but it's a small thing.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.