March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should they do an Alien Pack / Patch ?

124...Next

Comments

• jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes
    Started a new save. One of the roommates was an alien, but I had them in a disguise. After a while I completely forgot they were even an alien. When I finally did remember I had an alien I queued one interaction (empathize) and they became tense from using too much brain power. But that’s not even my point. I think there’s only like three things an alien can even do with human sims. And maybe four things with fellow aliens. It’s not a very fulfilling life state, and it should be out of this world (sorry).

What if we just got a progression/talent/ability system (accessed in the needs tab, like vampires or spellcasters or the other occult, celebrities)? But instead of having three or four tracks, just two: a peaceful one and an evil one. They gain points as they complete interactions (friendly/funny or mean/mischief) which they can spend on perks (learning skills through osmosis or phoning home, anybody?). Maybe receive a “curse” or quirk that is counterproductive to their main goal on earth (evil aliens appear super cute to human sims, peaceful aliens appear scary and harder to form friendships).

It would be more fun, for sure. But it’s too much for a patch and too much for even a stuff pack... but I like it... maybe I should become a mod creator 😫
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    Yes
    Freechheit wrote: »
    It is really difficult to play with my dear aliens now. I wish I could just remove their disguise because I never use it.

I totally agree @SilentKitty ! I never use the disguise. I try to dress my alien sims similarly in their disguise, so I am not totally confused in manage households, but I would prefer to see their alien form again - like it was before Island Living - or if we could get rid of the disguise altogether.

I try to do the same thing, it doesn’t really work for me. I miss my aliens so much, cursed disguise.

I just realized that there is a bug report on this issue (disguised thumbail in manage households), @SilentKitty . Just wanted to let you know. :)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-GTW-V-Non-disguised-Occults-showing-disguise-in/td-p/7958833

I hope they change it back to how it was before.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    It doesn't matter
    Neither. But i wouldn't mind if they'd bring small new features in other packs, "into the future" like for example.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yes
    Actually, the two hearts is from Doctor Who. I'm a huge fan of David Tennant who played the 10th Doctor.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes
    It is really difficult to play with my dear aliens now. I wish I could just remove their disguise because I never use it.

I totally agree @SilentKitty ! I never use the disguise. I try to dress my alien sims similarly in their disguise, so I am not totally confused in manage households, but I would prefer to see their alien form again - like it was before Island Living - or if we could get rid of the disguise altogether.

I try to do the same thing, it doesn’t really work for me. I miss my aliens so much, cursed disguise.

I just realized that there is a bug report on this issue (disguised thumbail in manage households), @SilentKitty . Just wanted to let you know. :)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-GTW-V-Non-disguised-Occults-showing-disguise-in/td-p/7958833

I hope they change it back to how it was before.

Bless you!!

I didn’t know that it was a bug. Thank you so much for getting back to me. I will keep my eyes on that.

Thank you, hope it will be fixed one day.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Alien gameplay needs more depth, but it should be a patch to existing gameplay, not an expansion to an expansion.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs