Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you add a laundry room in your house/apartment ?

124...Next

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Never
    I do not like doing laundry in my game - but I do love the Laundry Pack and use everything but the laundry stuff in it. I especially like the boho style of the clothing and the simple decor in it. That style of decor is big here in Maine where I live.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    Always
    I always put a separate laundry room for my suburban households. The urban or poorer families have a designated wall laundry. In the small aparments its next to the shower.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Sometimes
    In the UK (or at least in my house) we usually just have the washing machine in our kitchen, so often I do that.
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Never
    Not in the homes my sims live in due to the hassle that washer and dryers create. I don’t like that you have put the laundry in the machine and then you have to click on it a second time to start it. I don’t like if you don’t use laundry baskets or if they get full then sims leave laundry everywhere. I like every thing else but the washer/dryer.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Always
    I do it more than sometimes but not always always. lol I also just build mostly. But I do put it in the very few builds where I play in as well. It's just unrealistic for me to not have laundry in a build.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Always
    Always. Laundry is supposed to be a boring chore, just like doing dishes, taking out the trash etc. It really helps the progressions with legacy once you're rich enough to hire a butler/maid to do your laundry for you. But it's also good for family play, I can make my teens/kids do laundry as a chore.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Sometimes
    Almost always.

But why would Maxis include a laundry room in their builds not pertaining to the Laundry Day pack? Those who don't have LD and download the lot would just have an empty room...
    aSE16f8.gif
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Rarely
    Usually I place washing machines in bathrooms. That's how it is in my country and I like it that way :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Always
    In apartments I put a stackable in the kitchen or bathroom, and in a house I usually just fit in a small laundry room somewhere.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Rarely
    I was so annoyed by the whole concept of the pack, when I really wanted the sustainable living theme that it was originally supposed to have, that I didn't buy the pack at all for the longest time, and when I finally did, it was on sale and I just bought it for the clothing, decor, and hair.

Once in a blue moon I will actually use the laundry features, but it's mostly for the washtub and clothesline for my crunchy granola type sims, and maybe down the line for a historical save. The actual machines I have only used for a couple of households with stay at home parents who have school age children, and not much to do, and those machines have just gone into the kitchen. But I could maybe see adding a laundry room if it fit the style of a particular house.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Never
    @Writin_Reg

Not even a fake/decorative laundry room ?

Nope. But perhaps if we had a lot more bigger lots and I wanted rooms in the house with no purpose - I'd consider something like that - but that would entail CC which I don't use in the Sims games when they are in development. But perhaps if the game was finished and we had bigger neighborhoods and lots of 40 x40 lots like we had in previous games then perhaps. I have no problem with CC in a finished game.

Right now every room in my Sims houses has a propose and contains just things they can actually use. I am a bit of a minimalist too so decor I use is like pictures, plants, small knick knacks, etc.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes I just forget to put laundry objects in a home.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Morkovka wrote: »
    My fascination with the pack wore off pretty soon, and laundry became the most annoying chore :/
    Even if I put washing machine or washtub in the house, I usually don't allocate a special room for it.

+1
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Sometimes
    I generally add laundry as long as there is space for it but I don't always make it a separate room. I often put it in the bathroom as a stackable unit if I don't know where to put it. I've added it to a couple of basements, Though it was not my choice for the community-vote pack, I do add it to my game.

I don't bother with it in small apartments or on vacation lots. Vacations are a break from laundry. Small apartments are typically temporary homes for YAs. I do sometimes add some of the decor from that pack.

It's now one of the things that most of my sims deal with but typically as an afterthought.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Always
    It makes the houses feel more real and complete, like the closets from Get Together.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Never
    I hated that people voted for this pack. lol But I bought it eventually for its CAS and BB items.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Never
    I only like the decor, outfits & hairstyle.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Sometimes
    It all depends on what kind of play I'm doing. In apartments it is easy to add the stackable set and your sim does't have to walk all around a huge house picking up laundrey.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Sometimes
    Growing up my grandma had her washer and dryer in the kitchen. Then, online I’ve seen them in the bathroom. I thought it was weird. Lol but maybe people think it’s weird having them in the kitchen.

In my game, the washer is either in the kitchen or in it’s own room.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • MetalHeadSixMetalHeadSix Posts: 11 New Member
    Sometimes
    If the house is large enough I will. I just don't have that pack yet.
  • Harujii_Harujii_ Posts: 28 Member
    Rarely
    I never liked laundry in game or irl (I voted for something else when they did the poll). In my country the laundry area is in the kitchen and that’s where I put laundry stuff if I decided to do so
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Sometimes
    Almost always, but only if I can afford it.
    funny-gifs20.gif