Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you add a laundry room in your house/apartment ?

Comments

• Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Sometimes
    @jj_____ yeah, I would love that. Just tick a box and you can choose. I normally never use CC but in this case I would.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Rarely
    Very rarely. I'm not really into sim chores. I use the tub and clothesline more often than the washer/dryer... mostly to make my sims lives harder if they are more in a rags to riches mode. I usually delete laundry rooms from builds but it's a good place to store decoration boxes and storage chests or to use as a small office.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Always
    I think adding the laundry room or exterior laundry bucket and clothesline makes the house more realistic as it has an element that is very common in households in real life.
  • Options
    _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Always
    An if you have an apartment, clothesline used in apartment balconies and exterior buckets would be the best or simply a laundry room if you have space.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Always
    Not exactly always, but more than just sometimes. I have them more often than not.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Never
    I never got the stuff pack. I don't find doing laundry very interesting in real life. But given the choice between that and Dirty Dishes Stuff Pack I might (might) choose to make my sims do laundry.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Never
    I wanted to love it but could not understand why everytime a sim changes for any reason at all laundry piles up. I play with many sims who constantly change and even the butler could not keep up with all the dirty clothes. Had to delete it sadly.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    Always
    I do put a small laundry room in, or a basement space. It's also where I put the pet food bowls, cat litter etc, so it's nice to have those out of the way aswell.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Sometimes
    In big houses I build a laundry room or I got the washer and dryer in a second bathroom...
    I actually like building laundry rooms second to attics, sometimes the attic is the laundryroom.
    Plus I do not mind doing the laundry, it's not really a long chore in the game and since I usually got only 1-3 sims in one household I only got to do it every other day.
    But I do not include it in every household.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    Never
    don't have the laundry day pack and i always build for practicality
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Rarely
    When I first got the pack I did all the time, but then it got annoying because I usually like to play larger families so I don't really anymore.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Rarely
    Every household in my game does laundry, but rarely in a separate room. I usually put it in one of the bathrooms, which makes sense to me - washing your clothes and yourself in the same place. This contradicts my real-life experiences, however, because where I live (Germany), most people seem to have their washing machine in the kitchen.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Sometimes
    Mostly yes, but it depends on the home/household. I like to either have a laundry/utility room or to add a washing machine to a room i.e. kitchen or downstairs toilet. I think the only time I didn't do this was in a luxury apartment as I felt my rich sims were more likely to send their washing to a laundry service.
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    Always
    Yeah, usually my sims do their laundry once a week. I think it adds realism to my game and also makes my gameplay a little bit more challenging.
    he/him
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Never
    I have no use for it and was never interested in the feature to begin with.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    About like me not putting closets in my sims homes when it should be a fairly common thing to do. (Sometimes I do this with the gtg closet if I dont have actual space.)

Usually end up forgetting having a laundry room and it might go into a bathroom or in the garage. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Never
    The washing machine goes in the kitchen.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sometimes
    As far as adding the appliances, I do it for realism, and I like some households to do the chore of laundry. If I want it to be just decor, tho, I don't add a hamper. I like the fact that they designed it so you can leave that out and have the choice, so I don't think we need a check box per se.

It is pretty rare, tho, that I make a whole room for it, unless it's a large house. Mansions often have it near the Butler Quarters, haha, or adjacent to the walk in closet. I like to put the appliances stacked right next to the closet in apartments. In houses I quite often put them near the bedrooms in a nook. The bathroom or kitchen also work. I do put up a clothesline in most suburban or rural settings.

I did build a "laundromat" in San Myshuno, on a multipurpose lot with a cafe, bookstore, gym, etc. I suppose I could make a Club that comes there to do laundry, and would probably need hampers there too. For an active household, I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing a "fake" laundry errand. There is a small apartment on the lot, too, so if I it designated as Residential, I could simply treat it like a laundry room. Has anyone ever built and used a fake laundromat?
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Always
    I would add it for each household I play but I don't have this SP yet. It is not in my priority list as of now.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes I add a laundry room if it fits in the apartment or house. Sometimes I add the stackable to the kitchen, or a bathroom, or garage, or where it seems to fit in. If my sim has a very small house or is poor and I want them to do laundry, I may just add a hamper, and send them to the laundromat. (Laundromats are usually part of some other community lot, like a cafe, or small gym. With very large households of children, sending a sim off to do laundry can be easier and faster if they have more than 1 load, and if the laundromat is combined with another community lot they can bring along other sims in the household as well, kids and teens can do homework, some sims will bring a laptop, to do work, and some will pick up food, fish, or dig for things. Some of my households don’t do laundry at all.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Sometimes
    I wanted to love it but could not understand why everytime a sim changes for any reason at all laundry piles up. I play with many sims who constantly change and even the butler could not keep up with all the dirty clothes. Had to delete it sadly.

Isn’t it possible to delete the laundry from you inventory? I haven’t tried it, I might try that with a couple of large households I have and see if that works.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Sometimes
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Sometimes I add a laundry room if it fits in the apartment or house. Sometimes I add the stackable to the kitchen, or a bathroom, or garage, or where it seems to fit in. If my sim has a very small house or is poor and I want them to do laundry, I may just add a hamper, and send them to the laundromat. (Laundromats are usually part of some other community lot, like a cafe, or small gym. With very large households of children, sending a sim off to do laundry can be easier and faster if they have more than 1 load, and if the laundromat is combined with another community lot they can bring along other sims in the household as well, kids and teens can do homework, some sims will bring a laptop, to do work, and some will pick up food, fish, or dig for things. Some of my households don’t do laundry at all.

Yes, this is how the lot I built with the laundromat is set up, with other things to do, but I haven't actually play tested the laundromat part. At home, does the hamper fill up when they change, without the actual appliances on the lot? If so, how do you transport the linen to the laundromat? Is there a menu option to put it in the Sims' inventory from the hamper before you travel there?
  • Options
    CzartyCzarty Posts: 21 Member
    Sometimes
    I often forget to add it in, but I do like using it. Especially when I have someone with high handiness skill to upgrade the washing machines.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Always
    What's a basement for?
    At least, before we needed bunkers!