The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like to see CAW For sims 4?

2...Next

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    heck yeh I want it! We need more sims 4 worlds we dont have enough!
    CAW does not let us edit already made worlds though - it is a tool that lets the user build a new world or edit a world the user already built. It was never a game editor and it is not very user friendly. Maxis did not share any of their world files so we could not edit the game worlds with CAW.

Personally I preferred the editors and world platelets we had in Sims 2 - they were easy to use and if we wanted to make a brand new world we could always use Sim City 4 to make new platelet maps. Sims 2 editing and adding worlds was really the most user friendly to use to me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    maybe/maybe not, I personally wont use it but others might and I'd like to see their creations
    I would try if they ever make CAW as a feature, but at this point I don't think it's very possible because the game engine doesn't seem like it's made for an editable world feature. Even if it's possible the feature would be very limited, like just placing the decorative objects/collectibles.

An overhaul, like redo all those existing worlds and make them more realistic, is quite overwhelming and requires too much resources. I personally wouldn't want that. I just wish they recover this irreversible mistake by giving us more contents and giving their 200% in making a better platform for a CAW of TS5 in the future.