Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Video Game Music Affects Us

Hi all, sorry for the long post but here goes...

I deliberated about where to post this so I could speak with the right people, and here seemed like the obvious place. The following requires people who have played The Sims 1 but not within the last eight years (I know that's a little specific but it's for a good reason).

I am a games design masters student in the UK currently researching how video game music affects us as gamers. Without going into too much detail right here (I’m trying to maintain validity), the following is a link to a study I am conducting on video game music and player responses. If you feel interested in taking part, the survey will only take a maximum of 15 minutes. You must be 18 or older. There is the aforementioned screening process, and the survey may end earlier for some, depending on the answers given - if this happens please don’t panic.

https://openss.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_es0QEuT1ZouhDBr

Thanks so much. It's been awesome to have seen a lot of discussion on here about the music in The Sims games, so I’d be interested to hear what you think makes a good soundtrack. What are some of your favourite pieces of video game music (The Sims or otherwise)?