August 16 - Ready for the Friday Highlight? Check it out here!
August 16 - Guru Garage day! SimGurus are ready to continue with the Guru Games - details here!
August 15 - We have updated the forum rules. Learn more here.

Do you even want older content updated?

2...Next

Comments

• hevkerhevker Posts: 83 Member
    I wouldn't support it being in the form of a new pack. Like an active career pack add on type of situation. I have a couple of ideas though.

1) Just do things properly from the start including pack integration and not just throw one feature in and call it job done. Eg look pets can go swimming.

2)They could patch in updates for people who own the packs. I really enjoy the active careers. If a future career was just patched in for everyone regardless if they spend their money on the pack. I would be down right offended. Updates would be awesome though.

3)Let's just flesh out packs and include the little details. Not just recycling stuff from other packs thinking we wouldn't notice or something? I adore IL and Sulani. I've played it exclusively since release but it doesn't mean I feel that stuff is missing.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 533 Member
    I would like updates to past dlc. Obviously this won't be big things. For example a new active career will be in a new pack and not in an update, like they did for the acting career.

What I can see updated is
    - up dating gameplay to new packs. For example allowing spooky stuff costumes to be used in the seasons holiday tradition, allowing aliens to copy clothing between their disguise and true form,...
    - new version of special gameplay objects, for example a new hot tub, a smaller clothes line that can be used inside, extra swatches for the toddler playground objects,...

bigger things can be dlc for dlc for my part. I wouldn't mind a new pack with appartements for City living owners.

The main focus however should be on fixing bugs (even better prevent them in the first place) and interactions between packs (update items to work with new packs).
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited August 14
    I would like to see The Sims Studio revamp a lot of the current animations for certain interactions as a lot of them are re-used. For example: Turning into a vampire or mermaid, a ghost coming back to life from ambrosia, picking a trait, social interactions, etc.
    { Do I Hate The Sims? | Gallery: hestiah23 | Canon Sims by Hestia }

qloWNbx.png
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,070 Member
    I would love to see them update past DLC. I do like it when they make a new pack that compliments other packs that we have. But I also feel that they're missing opportunities to update things we already have in game. Like with Get Together clubs, with each new pack they seem to do a great job at adding new activities for clubs. I'd like to see that same kind of update with the calendar in Seasons. We need new icons, maybe some new built in traditions as they add new content. For Dine Out, it would be nice to see new food items that we could add to a restaurant's menu. For GTW....I think it would have been cool if they would have integrated Strangerville with each of those active careers. For doctor, trying to find a cure for the virus or the detective working a case involving Strangerville. These are just examples, but GTW is a repetitive mess and in desperate need of an overhaul in my opinion. I do like that they are going back and revamping some of the skills....like gardening, fishing, etc. Those skills are much more fun now and not as tedious. So hopefully, we'll see some changes in some of the older DLC too.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,255 Member
    Speaking of Get Together, when are we getting more club icons? :)
    { Do I Hate The Sims? | Gallery: hestiah23 | Canon Sims by Hestia }

qloWNbx.png
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 1,750 Member
    I am interesting in updating older content in a free patch.
    565373_e9cb6146983e475e8583c15aa801e540~mv2.jpg