Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hybrids?

jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
Would you like to have properly working hybrids in game?

* By Hybrid I mean: half normal sim half occult or half occult half other occult mixes. (For example: half vampire half mermaid)

Feel free to share your ideas too, how you would like them to be for example. :)
Post edited by jj_____ on

Hybrids? 171 votes

Yes!
63%
GoldmoldarKita5399IcewolfSandySimLaBlue0314SamadamsPlayerxbecky685xMadameLeeBlkBarbiegalColorist40lisamwittCamkatAlrynnIsb917simm621BloosmooJnyxJestTruSeera1024luthienrising 109 votes
No. (Comment a reason why not)
12%
simlish1StrangerthanAnmirlafriendlysimmersgoodcakebaker62BluelleSxcDannii202VuloriphantasmkisselelunicySindocatChadSims2HermitgirlmusteniBlueR0semikasnarklesthatsnotswegwhimreapernetney52 21 votes
I don't know. / I don't care.
23%
IdontrcallPlayerSinger2010PenelopeelanorbretonsekojranaLizzychicagoAquariusMomChelleJotaydevCary1213halloweenchildLoriTSpXxAirixXannaliese39fiercephoenix91DoloresGreyElderSimChildCrownSimsEnkiSchmidtsunblond 41 votes

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yes!
    With the help of NRaas in Sims 3, I played with hybrids all the time, and if it were possible I would only if they bring back witches.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm not really sure. I rarely mix two occults, and when I do, I prefer to have one child come out as one thing and the other child come out as another.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes!
    Since aliens seem to have a predilection for abducting vampires and I play a lot of vampires I have 6 vampire alien hybrids in total. I love them and I wish the game fully supported them so that I could, for instance, take them into CAS without them losing one of their 3 forms.

As for how I’d want hybrids to be, I’d want them to be just as they are currently but without the glitches!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Yes!
    Merpires: they have the hydration need and have a tail in their dark form's swimsuit section. They have he mood songs but can't control weather. They can do vampire things like drink blood, are weak to the sun, and have a smaller perk tree. But they don't inherit weaknesses.

Vampilien: Vampire mermaids with an alien form. The disguise has access to dark mode vampire resources. They get all alien powers, are not harmed by sunlight while disguised, and get a few vampire abilities related to controlling other sims. No perk tree, but they can still drink blood and turn other sims into vampires. Gain positive moodlets at night.

Mermaliens: All the powers and abilities of mermaids and aliens. Their true form is an alien with a mermaid tail. Extra flammable because why not. Get sick from eating fish, as their species can't handle them
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Yes!
    I'm not really sure. I rarely mix two occults, and when I do, I prefer to have one child come out as one thing and the other child come out as another.

I prefer that too, but it doesn't work properly all the time (at least not in my game). Also I would like to have properly working 50/50 hybrids too, personally I don't need any more complex hybrids than that.
    Since aliens seem to have a predilection for abducting vampires and I play a lot of vampires I have 6 vampire alien hybrids in total. I love them and I wish the game fully supported them so that I could, for instance, take them into CAS without them losing one of their 3 forms.

As for how I’d want hybrids to be, I’d want them to be just as they are currently but without the glitches!

Yes, that's why it would be nice if they were supported.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hybrids aren't at the top of my wish list as I'm more interested in just getting more 'pure' occult types (esp. werewolves and fairies). I wouldn't be opposed to them as an option though as it would open up more possibilities for gameplay and storytelling. So yeah, why not? We already have 'hybrids' now, but they are glitchy so it would be nice to see this fixed somehow. I would also love my vampire sims to be able to be witches too if magic turns out to be a trait and not a skill. Sea witches could work well too, vampire aliens, or werewolf ghosts perhaps... The more I think about it actually, the more fun it sounds! I would still like child sims with different occult parents to sometimes be one or the other as well though.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yes!
    Of course. I would like for everything in the game to work properly. I'm not particularly hopeful that everything will ever be, though.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yes!
    Hard yes! I so wish I could have alien mermaids or really powerful, undead witches 🥰
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    If it's even possible, I'd rather the developers put their energy into other things. Hybrids are waaaay down the list of things I want in the game.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I can't really say that I care. I don't have enough interest in occult's even though I do play some.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2019
    You mean like cars? Or supernaturals?

If cars, then it's a yes from me.

If supernaturals, then I don't care because I don't play with them :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Yes!
    You mean like cars? Or supernaturals?

If cars, then it's a yes from me.

If supernaturals, then I don't care because I don't play with them :)

I mean supernaturals, but cars would be nice for sure! :)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm not voting since my vote falls more under "other"

I like the idea of Hybrids, but I think they could get out of hand really fast. I know that's an issue at times in TTRPG's where the GM doesn't keep a rein on such things. Working first generation hybrids then becomes a demand by some for second gen hybrids (Alien/Vampire/Mermaid/Witch) and as the programming for first generation hybrids is already glitchy, second gen is bound to be a mess.

I guess I'd just like them to clean up hybrids now with some consistent rule (Baby gets power set A or B, but has some CAS options from the other... maybe?) that they can regularly apply going forward.
  • Options
    Yes!
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm not voting since my vote falls more under "other"

I like the idea of Hybrids, but I think they could get out of hand really fast. I know that's an issue at times in TTRPG's where the GM doesn't keep a rein on such things. Working first generation hybrids then becomes a demand by some for second gen hybrids (Alien/Vampire/Mermaid/Witch) and as the programming for first generation hybrids is already glitchy, second gen is bound to be a mess.

I guess I'd just like them to clean up hybrids now with some consistent rule (Baby gets power set A or B, but has some CAS options from the other... maybe?) that they can regularly apply going forward.

Yes, some rules needs to be there I think, otherwise its gonna be too much.

Would be maybe better to have only option to have 50/50 mix, and not mix of 4. For example:

Parent 1 (Mermaid/Vampire) + Parent 2 (Normal sim/Alien)
    Children of them would only get one of half from their parents, and be for example Mermaid/Alien, Vampire/Alien or so..
    Or they could just be just one of those, like it's a dominant trait or something.

I know that that's not how genetics work in real life though, but that could be a way to make those possible.. maybe. :D

Also like that idea, that CAS options would be there and some set powers/skills/traits.

The point with this is that they don't work properly now and are not supported, but it would be nice if they would make change in that at some point. :)

(I hope any of this makes sense, English is not my native language and I'm still learning)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    They've already mentioned there are too many variables to allow for if they go down that path. I don't play with them enough to expect them to put that much time and effort into hybrids either personally. Besides if they only did two people would expect generational or more to be added in. Nope better to bite the bullet and say no up front.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yes!
    If they had no intention of having hybrids in TS4, then they should have made it impossible. Right now, it is possible to have hybrids, like when a vampire is abducted and have an alien/vampire baby. That baby should be either 100% vampire or 100% alien. Instead we get a glitchy 50/50 mess, and its really not enjoyable.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    no for the main reason that i went none ingame
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Yes!
    Kathykins wrote: »
    If they had no intention of having hybrids in TS4, then they should have made it impossible. Right now, it is possible to have hybrids, like when a vampire is abducted and have an alien/vampire baby. That baby should be either 100% vampire or 100% alien. Instead we get a glitchy 50/50 mess, and its really not enjoyable.

Totally agree! Better to make it work or don't make it possible at all.
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I don't really play with occults that much so I don't really care.
  • Options
    ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    I don't play occults so of course I'd kind of like them to use their time doing something else. But I know lots of people like them and there will probably be more of them anyways so... *shrug*
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Yes!
    Definitely yes. It gives Sims more character, personality and odd quirks! Those 3 words are lacking right now with how Sims behave.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Yes!
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    They've already mentioned there are too many variables to allow for if they go down that path. I don't play with them enough to expect them to put that much time and effort into hybrids either personally. Besides if they only did two people would expect generational or more to be added in. Nope better to bite the bullet and say no up front.
    Sure, if they tried to hybridise more than 2 occult’s together. But really all I’d want is hybrids which combined only 2 occults. With the number of occult’s we have, that’s not many combinations. There would be:

Vampire-Aliens
    Vampire-Mermaids
    Alien-Mermaids

The above hybrids already can occur in the game without cheats. The main reason why they are buggy is because they have 3 forms rather than 2. This is what makes their CAS glitch up, for example. All they would need to do to fix them would be to enable a third slot in CAS for that third form. They’d also need to make the likelihood of getting them through trying for a baby higher.

Of course, it would get very complicated if we started asking for Vampire-Alien-Mermaids and so forth. So I can understand not implementing those. But, as has already been suggested, they could work the genetics so that, say, when a vampire-alien and a alien-mermaid have a child it can be either a vampire-mermaid, a vampire-alien or an alien-mermaid.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    The game can barely keep mono-occults not glitched up all the darn time, let alone hybrids.
  • Options
    NATASHAROMANOV99NATASHAROMANOV99 Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes!
    I have a vampire-mermaid children, they where born like townies, brown skin brown eyes and random face shape, etc, ive modify them to make the look like their parents, my older son is a teenager so he can turn into his dark form and when swimming he has a mermaid tail, he can do dark meditation, drink plasma and has his mom hability of emotional incluence, i cant access to his vampire powers nor to the tail modification in CAS, my daughter still a child but so far this is what ive seen of my hybrid children, o yeah, they growl like vampires too and the supernatural needs icon is a fish, he has the vampiric energy bar and thirst bar too, as he where just a vampire and hidratation bar too, am i the only one with this cool problem/bug? Btw i have my game in spanish im gonna post an image if i can.
  • Options
    Yes!
    @NATASHAROMANOV99 sometimes when a vampire and a mermaid have a baby, they will have a vampire-mermaid child. It is a bug but a cool one. You can also get vampire-alien hybrids if a vampire is abducted by aliens and alien-mermaid hybrids if a mermaid is abducted by aliens. I made one of my vampire-aliens try for a baby with a alien-mermaid and their child is a vampire-alien-mermaid!

The reason why your vampire-mermaid children didn’t look like their parents is not because they are hybrids but because there was a bug (which has only just been fixed) which meant that children with one or more mermaid parents would not inherit their parents’ looks.

Yes, unfortunately with vampire-mermaid hybrids you cannot see their vampire points and select powers for them since that part of the UI is missing for them. You can get around that problem by using cheats to give them the various vampire powers. You can find the cheats here:

https://www.sims4-cheats.com/cheats/sims-4-vampire-cheats

Before using a cheat to give them a certain power (e.g. sun resistance) they need to be at the correct level (e.g. master vampire) but you can also use cheats to level them up.