Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bringing pets on vacation with Traveler mod

Hi
So I've been wanting to bring pets on vacation since forever, (since WA basically). I've googled the issue before, that you cant bring pets with you, but never found a good solution or answer.

I found one now, that you can use the nraas Traveler to make them selectable when making a trip. Has anyone tried this, and what was your take on it?

I sometimes end up not getting pets for my sims because I feel it's so stupid that you cant bring them with you when going somewhere. I wanted to give my sims a home in France, but having them stay there for so long without their pets seemed weird.

Are there any known issues with bringing your pets along?

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    I have no direct experience with your question, but I once adopted a pet during vacation. The issue I ran into was that I did not have access to buy mode, but that is granted as soon as you own a home in the vacation town. I had to cheat my way through that issue (top up motives), and the cat moved back home with the family after the vacation was over.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I once sent my Scooby-Doo and the Gang to Egypt so that I could have them all together searching for clues. But there was one thing that I couldn't get Scooby to do is to go into the tombs which is okay since him and Shaggy is always off doing their own thing. So I just have Scooby do some hunting while I have Shaggy do relic hunting/digging while Fred, Daphne and Velma do the traps in the tombs.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    In a medieval game play the king and his fiancé traveled to another kingdom to visit, I brought their horses with them.It seemed to work just fine
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2019
    My sims frequently bring their pets with them on vacations and to Uni and yes, I have also had them adopt pets in foreign worlds and bring them home. Never had an issue with this.

On being unable to use Build/Buy while staying on a Base Camp lot or some of the others, there is a trick to that involving testingcheats, another cheat code enablelotlocking on, and then going to Edit Town and unlocking the lot in question by deselecting the checkbox next to the padlock that appears.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    Nice! Seems theres only the few issues we'd run into anyway. I already use testingcheatsenabled and all that to bypass certain things so now I'm excited to try bringing pets to the WA worlds!