Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback on the Moschino Reveal

HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
I’ve overviewed the livestream reveal of the Stuff Pack and here is my feedback on it.

——

This seems more like:

The Sims 4: Photography Stuff Pack

I’m not a fan of promoted items being sold as a stuff pack. Although, most - if not all the related collaboration stuff packs released in The Sims 2 were pretty cool. It had a vast amount of items related to the brand they were promoting.

I feel as if we’re being scammed or ripped off by needing to essentially pay extra for a polished version of being a photographer + a career. This aspect should have and easily could have been in a free patch.

Sure, if they want to “sell” Moschino related items as a stuff pack. Interestingly enough, the Stuff Pack itself barely contains enough Moschino fashion. I understand that maybe the studio wanted to balance BB items with CAS, but we have to think more realistically here. Moschino is a fashion company that only sells shoes, bags, clothings and accessories. They DO NOT sell “Build Buy” related items...

——

Reference to past, branded stuff packs that contained a lot of items:

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_H&M_Fashion_Stuff

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_IKEA_Home_Stuff

^^ Feel Free to count the amount of items that were available in the table provided from the wiki.

The amount of stuff were watered down in The Sims 3 https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_3:_Diesel_Stuff

——

At the end of the day, these are just my thoughts and opinions on this Stuff Pack as a long-time Simmer ever since the first one came out at the year 2000.
wB2Zykl.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I thought the reveal was impressive. I never really focused on the photography skill in GTW so this seems like a satisfying upgrade to that feature. I have absolutely no problem with paying for the expansion of a feature from a prior pack that includes additional gameplay, objects, and CAS.

Totally agree.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    was good but honestly as a player i find the clothes just plain ugly only the buy mode content and new carrer looks intressting
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The good thing is you don't even need the career to use the updated phography features.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    As someone who does not own Get to Work, I'm happy to say that I would rather buy the Moschino Stuff Pack when it comes down to Photography. If I were to buy GTW, it would be solely for the aliens.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I don’t see what the problem is, I think it looks like a great stuff pack now I ve seen the livestream. I m much more interested in this than a pack full of useless clothing. I m thrilled they have gone down this route, I ll use the new photography all the the time.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well, I was afraid of the clothing to be honest. I thought most of it would be over the top. I knew I could use some but I didn't want to be glutted with it. I'm fine with the amount that is coming with the pack and really like most of the items I've seen so far. I guess for those that really, really love Moshino clothing it could appear lacking though. According to the polls here though ... this crowd sure didn't until they got a gander at the photography stuff/windows and build/buy in it. It's funny how so many people flipped their choice after that. Well except for the people that won't buy anything but hang around the sims 4 sections waiting for the end of the series anyway but can't expect to ever please them in this iteration anyway.
    The clothing and hair are welcome to me... so is the furniture. However I'm absolutely loving all of the photography stuff.
    I've never had a sim photographer that kept it up as a hobby and certainly not as a career (in any sims game I played).
    I've put the studio that came in GTW in my basement once (it has a large footprint .. and is bulky). I don't remember using it long. I'm sure if I'd been interested in building a studio it would have given me more use. Now looking at the stuff coming I'm excited. Any of my sims can now be a hobbist with trappings and immersion even living in a normal space. I'm even tossing around the idea of actually building a studio/art gallery on my sim if I can get the hang of taking shots.
    I feel like we are getting a lot more than 10 dollars worth (my price) in this pack. I love the game and am interested in anything that expands it especially hobby wise. I'm sure I would have bought and used basically just a clothing pack and found the right characters to wear it but I'm much happier with what was produced....much, much happier.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    From what I’m seeing above, the lot of you are appreciative with the new photography update and some of the BB - rather than the Moschino brand. That’s cool, and I don’t mind the improved photography features. However, they surely could have patched that through for GTW EP owners rather than split it up into a $10 SP with a brand name to (possibly) increase its selling point.

This is why I mentioned in the very beginning of this post that it seems more of a Photography Stuff Pack, rather than a Moschino Stuff pack.

I’m not a lover nor a hater of Moschino fashion. It’s just too blatantly obvious that the Studio isn’t exactly delivering what is being advertised (Moschino).
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hestia wrote: »
    I’m not a lover nor a hater of Moschino fashion. It’s just too blatantly obvious that the Studio isn’t exactly delivering what is being advertised (Moschino).
    Well, they said there's a lot of CAS items and that they leave it to GCs and youtubers to review.
    I'm looking forward to those reviews starting tomorrow tbh.
    Yes, that's not purely Moschino Fashion pack, there are things apart from fashion, but that's what makes it worth.

• Options
    @Morkovka LGR is on my priority list. B)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2019
    I thought the reveal was impressive. I never really focused on the photography skill in GTW so this seems like a satisfying upgrade to that feature. I have absolutely no problem with paying for the expansion of a feature from a prior pack that includes additional gameplay, objects, and CAS.

I honestly agree, it's totally fine for a stuff pack and the detail the photography skill got is too much to give away for free in a patch. I do think it could have been in GTW, as GTW feels empty compared to Parenthood, but it's fine we get it with the Moschino items.

I agree with @Hestia on the part that they put the photography gameplay in there because they knew no one would want Moschino stuff only (why choose such a pricy and unique designer anyway? I don't think many people can afford a jacket for 1500€, wow, that's a weird collaboration for a sims game).

For me, I would have preferred that stuff pack to be called "Designer Stuff" or something like it and I would have liked a collaboration with lots of designer brands like Armani, Calvin Klein, Versace, perhaps even also Moschino and furniture brands like BoConcept, all in all just more of a variety, so we have a variety of stuff. The flashy Moschino stuff they included won't appeal to many players as it's very unique (who wears that lol? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to look down on anybody, everybody can wear what they like of course, but I never see anyone in everyday life running around wearing such flashy clothing, and I do visit haute cuisine restaurants occassionaly with my husband where people with money show up too - so I really wonder who wears that; Moschino does have classy outfits too after all).

I think they emphasized gameplay and included pets and all age groups because they listened to the criticism on everything being YA focused and lacking gameplay for more than one Sim. So I think this is a good path and they should definitely keep that sort of stuff packs up. I would continue buying them if they also have a certain amount of worthy gameplay.
    Post edited by SimKonfetti on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,867 Member
    I think with all the backlash for MFSP the developers knew they had to hit it out of the park for this stuff pack. Makes this pack a tough act to follow though so I'm already curious to see what's coming in SP16.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2019
    I didn't think MFPS was so bad haha, it was just very empty and I prefer the gameplay focus they chose this time. I hope they keep it up.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I loved the look of the photography studio and everything they did with it. I'm nuts about photography in my game anyway and the fact it's going to be made more of was always a plus for me. I may be strange, I quite like the clothing brand but this is the only way I'll ever be able to afford it. As a player I don't use mods I get sick of them breaking, so new hair and clothing is always welcome, but that said there are some lovely maxis match creations out there that the devs should look at, especially in toddler and child hair.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2019
    Moschino Stuff is a solid pack. The thing is: if we hadn't already paid for the photography feature years ago, it would have been an amazing pack.

What I see happening is that game companies are releasing lackluster features on purpose with the intent of charging to improve those same features down the road. It's the "free-to-play" mentality come to paid content.

It's a pity because I never expected to see that predatory mentality come to The Sims series -- at least, not to this extent and not in such a brazen manner.

At least we know what the next few years of TS4 will entail: The Improved Apartment Pack. The Improved Water Activities Pack. The Improved Fame Pack. (now including real bands!) The "Look, You Don't Have to Teleport Everywhere Anymore Because Cars" Pack (Garage doors to be sold separately.)

You get the idea.

What EA doesn't seem to understand is that they don't have to try to run my pockets like a common thug. I would be only too happy to pay more for expansion packs that are full-featured. You know, like how series packs used to be. Because let's face it, expansion packs should have cost more by now, anyway. Themes don't need to be broken up into silly bits (that are released years apart) in order to make up the difference.

BTW: Are children allowed to pose with adults? Toddlers can. Pets can. But are kids allowed to pose with their parents? Or will that require another update?

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Totally agree.

I second this! I have longer for photography to be more fun to play for ages, and frankly I feel they gave $10.00 worth of objects and CAS and I the skill upgrade to is gravy, delicious gravy! :)
  • Options
    From what I’m seeing above, the lot of you are appreciative with the new photography update and some of the BB - rather than the Moschino brand. That’s cool, and I don’t mind the improved photography features. However, they surely could have patched that through for GTW EP owners rather than split it up into a $10 SP with a brand name to (possibly) increase its selling point.

This is why I mentioned in the very beginning of this post that it seems more of a Photography Stuff Pack, rather than a Moschino Stuff pack.

Honestly, I'm happy about that. Moschino clothes are just... ew.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2019
    I doubt that Moschino worries too much about Simmers being able to afford their clothes. The publicity of being part of a iconic game brand is what they like. A lot more mentions on Twitter, Reddit, Instagram feeds is all good publicity for them.
    I'm going to enjoy the new features in this pack and my snobby nouveau-riche families will be wearing these, especially in the Get Famous world.
  • Options

Honestly, I'm happy about that. Moschino clothes are just... ew.

That’s my point though. Why name it Moschino if barely anything about it will be about the fashion brand. Whilst focused more on the photography improvements... :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    I would have done a Moschino pack and linked it to retail which is what everyone liked in the get to work expansion. Retail as more replayability.
  • Options
    _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Also Moschino doesn't match the simlish in the game which I think is the thing that feels weird.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Something tells me they won't discontinue this pack as quick as they did Sweet Treats.... Does anyone know the reason they did that? Just wondering. Could it have to do with legal stuff?
    Other random thoughts, since the clothing line is so expensive you only get so many lol.. I'm sure they had to be approved by Moschino somehow... seems like colors did anyway.
    Kids are able to pose with adults btw @Cynna if you check the livestream thread there is a link from a guru. I thought I saw them as selectable in the livestream, but they just couldn't get to all the awesomeness included I guess.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think with all the backlash for MFSP the developers knew they had to hit it out of the park for this stuff pack. Makes this pack a tough act to follow though so I'm already curious to see what's coming in SP16.

Of course, but I'm not repaying for that object when it should have been done right the first time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    _000key wrote: »
    Also Moschino doesn't match the simlish in the game which I think is the thing that feels weird.

I like it because it makes it feel like Sims have different languages and these are shirts from those places.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Of course, but I'm not repaying for that object when it should have been done right the first time.

Exactly!

This is the third time photography has been visited and now this time we are expected to pay for it being improved.