Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Throwback Trailers

HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
I found this video last night as I was scrolling through YouTube. Check out what amazing content the previous Sims titles gave us in each expansion!

https://youtu.be/TCJfst8H4b0
wB2Zykl.jpg

Comments

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    The Sims 1 Vacation and The Sims 2 Bon Voyage were fantastic. Unique vacation destinations that really felt like a get away.

Does anyone remember the “tourists” feature from TS2/TS3?
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Stealthy_SephoraStealthy_Sephora Posts: 26 Member
    This makes me want to install 1 and 2 on my new pc. I just don’t know if it will run. My old pc is long gone and I still have all the discs and some saves burned to disc, but my new gaming pc doesn’t have a disc drive. I’d have to install on my laptop, copy to my external hard drive and transfer it from there. Is it worth it? Does anyone still play 1 or 2?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    This makes me want to install 1 and 2 on my new pc. I just don’t know if it will run. My old pc is long gone and I still have all the discs and some saves burned to disc, but my new gaming pc doesn’t have a disc drive. I’d have to install on my laptop, copy to my external hard drive and transfer it from there. Is it worth it? Does anyone still play 1 or 2?

The Sims 2 community is still quite active.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-2-general-discussion

I finally bit the bullet and uninstalled both TS2 and TS3 just a couple of days ago after seeing just how much space they were taking up on my hard drive. I might upgrade my hard drive at some point and reinstall them.

I play 1 & 2 successfully on my Windows 10. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Stealthy_SephoraStealthy_Sephora Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2019
    Awesome, thanks. Do I have to register the discs with Origin?

ETA: Shoot, looked into it and I’d need to play from disc because EA no longer offers the digital version on Origin. That means buying an external disc drive to play on. Not sure if I want to go through that.
    @Stealthy_Sephora Try to contact Origin help about The Sims 2 to see if they can help you with it. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    Oh that was such a joy to watch. I love how 'quirky' the older games were. With really unique features. I wish some of the features from Livin large and house party they would bring to TS4. I still remember the very first Sims trailer where the moving van stops and they 'notice' the camera and wave to it. I was like wow! At the time. I also loved the ice cream cart from Hot Date. And I remember when superstar came out, the sim on the cover who's singing with the crop top and the blonde hair I always thought she was super cool :D

The first TS2 trailer is so funny. I love how the early trailers showed so much gameplay and what you could actually do with the game, used to make me so excited for a new pack to launch so I could experience those features too.
    @sueplayssims Do you remember when if a wedding just finished in The Sims 2, the couple would autonomously hop in a limo for a honeymoon? If you had Bon Voyage, they added a special feature for newlyweds to go on vacation instead of the honeymoon limo.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i like the mocap movements in the sims 4 teaser trailer, to bad they didnt do mocap animation for this iteration looks so much smoother
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    @sueplayssims Do you remember when if a wedding just finished in The Sims 2, the couple would autonomously hop in a limo for a honeymoon? If you had Bon Voyage, they added a special feature for newlyweds to go on vacation instead of the honeymoon limo.

Yep! That was a really nice touch! I remember when I played Pleasantview I sent Cassandra Goth and the man from the dreamer family (Darren?) On a nice long honeymoon!
    @sueplayssims Darren Dreamer :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg