Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way?

Not sure if this is the best place, but since it's nice and general, here goes. Is it possible to take TS4 back to a pre-June 19 patch state? I suspect would have to uninstall the bloody mess then reload from Origin. Can one then reinstall only the packs one wants (and has already paid for), stopping with before the June fiasco? That infamous patch has broken so many formerly working things in my game that it has been reduced to an occasionally used test bed on a different computer. The benefits of the old days when one got disks inside little boxes...

Comments

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    @Oldeseadogge, yes you can reinstall only the packs you want. Think you just need to check off which ones you want to reinstall. As for going back to before the June patch, I don't think you can; you'll likely be prompted to update. But who knows?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,844 Member
    I don't think so because the June 18th patch was an update to base game. Once you re-install the base game you'll have to update before re-installing additional packs.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2019
    Only way to do that is to try and preventing the game from updating when there is a patch coming by going into offline mode on origin, I have a second computer with a copy of the sims4 which I do not update as often.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Thank you for your responses. Doesn't look encouraging as I trust EA about as far as I can throw the Eifel Tower.