Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small things we NEED for the sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    Freechheit wrote: »
    - all hair colours swatches available for kids and toddlers

- better inventory options (sorting, searching,...)

- family tree for cats and dogs

- interactions between cats and dogs that don't live in the same household

- better Aliens and Mermaids (more special abilities)

- Sixam as a residential world

- more frame options for the paintings sims create

Hmm, some of those are not 'small', I have to admit... :D

Yes. Buckets of yes. Ever since I started playing, I've found it annoying that we can't do this. I mean, we can have aliens, vampires, mermaids and plant people, but we can't have a human with naturally blue hair? How does that work? (It's even worse, now that I've remembered that we can create a lime green cat with pink stripes...)

Yes @AyKooChao ! And we can also create children with naturally blue skin. Then why are the hair colours so limited? I don't get it. :(

@Hestia : I think they added a bunch of stuff people have been asking for, to be honest. More colour options for photo frames, more door colour swatches, ... I hope they will add more. Preferably some of the things I mentioned. :)
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    More romantic interactions: slow dances, bed snuggles, maybe a deep hug if one or both partners have lost someone.

Better weddings.

funerals.

Baby showers.

Presents on birthdays.

Teenagers can go through puberty (in a PG rated manner) and ask their older siblings or parents, or even friends, for help.

Easy bake ovens, maybe even a whole kitchen set for small children.

If a teenager uses the bubble machine, their parents can scold them.

Teenagers receive a year book on the day they’re about to grow into an adult.

Peeping toms.

Sims can have vengeful exes.

Child support.

If your sim is a scientist or space rangers, aliens will be drawn to their home and wish to visit in person.

Alien pets.

Play mats for babies and toddlers.

Sims can have children with the grim reaper.

Quick bio option when playing a sim, just like in the sims 3.

Turn on and off.

Star signs.

Sims can make up, break up, marry and divorce on their own,

If a sim is dumped, they have the random chance to mourn the relationship and spend the next two days in bed or comfort eating.

Teens can do the same but they can also constantly text either friends for support or their exes to come back.

Ghost babies.

Sewing machines.

Better elder sims.

If a sim is pregnant, they can do a special dance and earn a positive moodlet.

Coupons for items.

Neighbours can torment each other by either dumping trash on each other’s lawns, kicking bins, leaving flaming bags of poop, making fake calls to social services or hate mail until one set either leave town or someone steps in and sorts matters out.

Long lost family members can find each other with a family tree website.

Military careers offer better objects, like those from the sims 2.

Alien human sims can tell epic love stories about their parents to other sims.

Child and teenage sims can find a pet while on a school field trip or volunteer activity, of course the parents get to say if they can bring it home or not.

More food options.

Better moodlets.

If they have enough negativity, a sim can collapse and start talking nonsense, requiring psychiatric treatment similar to the sims 2.

Ladders.

Bunk beds.

Compact beds with desks underneath for small home players.

During Halloween, children can dress as stereotypical ghosts by throwing a sheet over themselves, however, if near a graveyard or your home has a haunted trait, you can encounter who you think is your child in Halloween dress, until they disappear and the sheet crumbles onto the floor, giving your sim a spooked moodlet or sending them running for the hills.

• SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    More romance options! After how many years we still don’t have basic functionality introduced in Hot Date and Nightlife!

Slow dancing! Proposing over table! Are these so hard?!

Sacrificial made a slow dancing mod. Too bad it isn't an official part of the game.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    More romantic interactions: slow dances, bed snuggles, maybe a deep hug if one or both partners have lost someone.

Better weddings.

funerals.

Baby showers.

Presents on birthdays.

Teenagers can go through puberty (in a PG rated manner) and ask their older siblings or parents, or even friends, for help.

Easy bake ovens, maybe even a whole kitchen set for small children.

If a teenager uses the bubble machine, their parents can scold them.

Teenagers receive a year book on the day they’re about to grow into an adult.

Peeping toms.

Sims can have vengeful exes.

Child support.

If your sim is a scientist or space rangers, aliens will be drawn to their home and wish to visit in person.

Alien pets.

Play mats for babies and toddlers.

Sims can have children with the grim reaper.

Quick bio option when playing a sim, just like in the sims 3.

Turn on and off.

Star signs.

Sims can make up, break up, marry and divorce on their own,

If a sim is dumped, they have the random chance to mourn the relationship and spend the next two days in bed or comfort eating.

Teens can do the same but they can also constantly text either friends for support or their exes to come back.

Ghost babies.

Sewing machines.

Better elder sims.

If a sim is pregnant, they can do a special dance and earn a positive moodlet.

Coupons for items.

Neighbours can torment each other by either dumping trash on each other’s lawns, kicking bins, leaving flaming bags of poop, making fake calls to social services or hate mail until one set either leave town or someone steps in and sorts matters out.

Long lost family members can find each other with a family tree website.

Military careers offer better objects, like those from the sims 2.

Alien human sims can tell epic love stories about their parents to other sims.

Child and teenage sims can find a pet while on a school field trip or volunteer activity, of course the parents get to say if they can bring it home or not.

More food options.

Better moodlets.

If they have enough negativity, a sim can collapse and start talking nonsense, requiring psychiatric treatment similar to the sims 2.

Ladders.

Bunk beds.

Compact beds with desks underneath for small home players.

During Halloween, children can dress as stereotypical ghosts by throwing a sheet over themselves, however, if near a graveyard or your home has a haunted trait, you can encounter who you think is your child in Halloween dress, until they disappear and the sheet crumbles onto the floor, giving your sim a spooked moodlet or sending them running for the hills.

THESE and more, are why I use mods and custom content in my game.

I have found mods/custom content for these:
    Star signs (zodiac trait mods)
    Sewing machine (cloned from computer)
    Better weddings (ie more wedding stuff)
    Funerals (funeral event rabbithole mod)
    Decorative presents on birthdays (clutter object)
    Story progression/makeup/breakup on own (MCCC)
    More elder CAS
    More food options
    Better moodlets (see true happiness mod at Mod the Sims)
    Bunk beds
    Military buy mode stuff
    Decorative ladders
    Psychiatrist/therapist career for Sims
    CAS that makes children look like they are children of the Grim Reaper.

The following of the above I have not found any mods/cc for yet:
    Presents on birthdays (would require new animations) - right now we have to settle for "Give friendly gift", the same one as anytime.
    Easy bake oven (ditto)
    Year books/annuals for students (I hope this comes with University)
    Peeping Toms (probably because it is on the border of T/M): Probably should have been included with Get Famous. I miss the obsessed fan from Sims 1 Superstar.
    Vengeful exes (I don't miss this TBH) - would it work like angry neighbors kicking over the trash?
    Child support (though they DO have mods for loans)
    Alien pets (dogs and cats do have enough options they look like aliens with certain color schemes)
    Functional Play mats (if they ever do a Preschool pack, they need to include this)
    Turn ons and offs (I seriously miss these from Sims 2)
    Angry neighbors messing up your Sims stuff
    Beds with storage
    Functional ladders
    Family tree website
    Positive moodlets for pregnant Sims
    Find pet while at school
    Aspiration levels/psych treatment of low aspiration levels
    Children with Grim Reaper
    Ghost babies
    Quick bio (shouldn't this be tied to social media or something with the way they do things in Sims 4?)

I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    - all hair colours swatches available for kids and toddlers

- better inventory options (sorting, searching,...)

- family tree for cats and dogs

- interactions between cats and dogs that don't live in the same household

- better Aliens and Mermaids (more special abilities)

- Sixam as a residential world

- more frame options for the paintings sims create

Hmm, some of those are not 'small', I have to admit... :D

Yes. Buckets of yes. Ever since I started playing, I've found it annoying that we can't do this. I mean, we can have aliens, vampires, mermaids and plant people, but we can't have a human with naturally blue hair? How does that work? (It's even worse, now that I've remembered that we can create a lime green cat with pink stripes...)

Yes @AyKooChao ! And we can also create children with naturally blue skin. Then why are the hair colours so limited? I don't get it. :(

@Hestia : I think they added a bunch of stuff people have been asking for, to be honest. More colour options for photo frames, more door colour swatches, ... I hope they will add more. Preferably some of the things I mentioned. :)

As you can see in this entire feedback thread, I’m pretty sure it’s only 20%-30% added - including things that were in past iterations of The Sims.

The time it takes to implement requested features doesn’t help a lot.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    Id really love to have special interactions with sims that are soulmates. At the moment they act like friends that woohoo. Bunk beds would be a life saver and I think we really need more attention with toddlers. They really feel like they dont belong in any worlds - nothing is aimed towards them and I always have to edit world lots so they have something to do on a family day out. I’d like to see more hair options for them and some new objects and toys. I was hoping for some island themed things for them with island living
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Forgot to mention:

More sliders.

Body hair.

Better teeth options.

Allergies for sims.

Coffee table yoga.

Working graveyard or a graveyard trait so sims can go mourn loved ones in a specific lot.

Chances of accidental pregnancies.

Story options.
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    Double wall ovens, slide in ovens that can be placed in counters with no backs, cooktop ranges, hibachi tables, blenders, toasters, pizza ovens, under the counter refrigerators, all manner of foodie and kitchen related items period.. color wheels..
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    - Bunk beds and murphy beds! It would be so much easier to have a family in a small household if you could just add in a bunk bed rather than taking up all the space with individual ones.

- Spiral staircases.

- Interests and turn ons/offs that actually impact how easy/hard it is to build relationships with other sims.

- Fury. Plus the added mechanic that sims you have a negative relationship with will turn up to your lot and maybe mess things up/leave you unpleasant surprises etc.

- Burglars, firefighters and other NPCs.

- More romance interactions that can be unlocked as your romantic relationship level increases. I agree that even as soulmates my sims just feel like they lack any special connection.

- Collectable small pets like lizards, birds and rodents that can be found in neighbourhoods, plus the addition of new bugs and insects into regular neighbourhoods. I'd like to see fireflies in summer, for example, and I'm really missing the parrot cage in BB.

- Funerals.

- More for elder sims, whether BB objects/CAS objects etc... Just anything to make them more interesting please!

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited August 2019
    So, my wishlist (I know many of them were already mentioned):
    Newspaper (and pets shredding it as added misbehavior/loyal and friendly pets bringing it to their favorite sims instead)
    Grocery stores, discount events (would work well with the holiday system as a minor holiday, if combined with newspaper, discount coupons could be a thing)
    Graveyards and funerals
    Logic skill affecting homework speed for teens
    Spiral, L-shaped, and U-shaped stairs; ladders
    Stronger trait conflicts in social interactions (good vs. mean, lazy vs. active, etc.), better social AI and social improvements (stop sims from randomly pushing themselves to chat with a flirting couple and such, caterers baking a cake on NPC B-day party, goals on NPC-based parties with reward moodlets if you contribute to a good party, etc.)
    Prompt for rename (without needing to go into CAS/manage household) on completing a wedding; game asking you which household to play after instead of just throwing you into one (100% the one I don't want to play in my case); money split on wedding by user choice (let's say in 5% steps)
    Romantic slow dance (I know there's a mod for that but it's laggy as hell for me)
    Dog houses (no idea if it's actually called that in English)
    Being able to run a shop/business in your home (you know, those things are pretty common in old cities where I live - lower floor a small shop, upper floors residential)
    Update to Laundry: gather all laundry from the lot, not just from one basket
    Update to dishwasher: separating 'load' from 'start' in washing machine style (because sometimes, sims take one plate, put it into a dishwasher, then go gather the remaining 5. Party hell.)
    Update to build mode: different wall heights on the same floor (or, better, complete rework on how 'floors' work for more dynamic build mode) - so split levels/lofts don't require weird workarounds
    Updates to the pathing system and AI (looking at you, who goes to wash dishes to another floor, and the fact there are nonsense pathing failures on just a slight slope)
    More relationship options in CAS (I know this was mentioned hundreds of times over)
    Repairman career either in gardener style (choose WFH/port away) or as a freelancer.
    Being able to easily travel to a secret area (grotto, sylvan, hermit's area) with a sim that has already been there (because they know the way, right?)
    Mixology using fresh ingredients for some drinks (fruits, mostly)
    Aspiration changes: tying some to specific jobs is not fun, especially in cases where the freelancer option was added. Preferably splitting some aspirations to skill-based and job-based, with slightly different reward perk.
    Burglars, alarms, firefighters (though this would require fixing the pathing issues - any time my campfire causes the log 'chair' to burn, there's a pathing issue and I just have to wait it out, because it's on a 1° slope), police

Edit: how in the hell did I, hairy ape, forget to mention body hair and more facial hairstyles? Shame on me!
    Edit2: Also, play chase for kids (and dogs for those with the EP)
    Post edited by TomasGrizzly on
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    - Small telescopes
    - Newspapers
    - Wall telephones
    - Animation to open and close dishwasher
    - Animation to pull out pans/dishes from cabinets when cooking
    - Cuddle in bed
    - Body hair
    - Slap Sim when they are caught cheating

This list could go on forever...
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited August 2019
    Banks, real estate agency/career, nail salon, blender
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Telephones, piercings, burglars and strollers.
  • TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    The roofing tool. Just ... roofs that doesn't go through walls, and that are easy to place.
  • TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member

- Landlines and newspapers
    - Firefighter, police and burglar NPCs
    - L-shaped/split level stairs
    - More 'every day' jobs, particularly for my handy sims e.g. repairman
    - Rental homes/hotels for all worlds
    - More hobbies e.g. sewing/knitting, origami, embroidery etc.
    - More aspirations related to skills, careers, restaurants/retail
    (edited list above)

Yes! Please save my sims when there's a fire! And yes to every day job, just today I wished my sim could be a postman. Yes to the other things in the list!