Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cruise GP?

2...Next

Comments

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Cruise Ship was literally on their own game pack survey, before the base game even came out.
    Cruise ship:
    Sail the high seas on board a beautiful cruise ship luxury! Dine at the poolside bar, turn other Sims challenge during a basketball game, or stay in your private cabin and share a romantic moment on the veranda.

It is, however, very unlikely to be made as it did terrible in focus group testing according to SimGuruGrant.

That's a bummer! I wonder how it was presented to the focus groups, or which parts did badly? Did it do badly as a solo idea, or did it do badly compared to the popularity of other ideas?

Because if they said "Would you like to take your sim on a cruise?" I imagine most people would be like "yeah, that could be fun"

But if it was pitted against anything "which would you rather have, cruises or a tropical island?", "which would you rather have, cruises or farming?" or "rank these five potential new packs in order of how much you want them" then I imagine it would be completely bulldozed by the relative popularity of other ideas. Which is a shame, because I think if implemented correctly cruises could become a vital part of Challenge and Story gameplay. Being cut off from the other worlds while on the boat really could add a new flavor to playing the game.

I'd be interested to know what the research looked like and how it was framed, though obviously there's not much we can do about it now. I can't imagine Strangerville (which I haven't played, but would very much like to!) was all that requested by focus groups, but they made that anyway. I imagine because they had a vision for it and knew it could be fun. In my wildest dreams I can hope someone has similar ideas about how good a cruise GP could be, and would make it anyway.

But probably not. :(

I'd like to know how it was presented as well. I've played Strangeville and can't imagine it being highly requested either.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    These renders have blown me away. I would LOVE to have this is my game. We could have a cruise pack and maybe a hotel pack.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I've been thinking about something like this for years, but more toned down. A transportation pack that works as the transition between worlds when you're "traveling" in the game. Boats, trains, plane rides. All acting like hidden lots where you spend some time before loading into Selvadorada, Windenberg, or even City Living (Subway or train ride). Boat ride to Sulani, etc.

I would love that, and you could choose to load directly into your vacation (A popup asking if you'd like to go to accompany your sims, like the active career popup) or join them on the plane/train/boat ride there.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    I've been thinking about something like this for years, but more toned down. A transportation pack that works as the transition between worlds when you're "traveling" in the game. Boats, trains, plane rides. All acting like hidden lots where you spend some time before loading into Selvadorada, Windenberg, or even City Living (Subway or train ride). Boat ride to Sulani, etc.

I would love that, and you could choose to load directly into your vacation (A popup asking if you'd like to go to accompany your sims, like the active career popup) or join them on the plane/train/boat ride there.

there nothing really interesting to do on a plane or train (I been on both) except read, talk to other people (if you're travelling solo or with friends) and maybe on a plane eat (oh I seem to miss one... being annoyed to bits by someone's brats running around the plane/train like the parents own the place).

a cruise (I been on two) has more options-swimming pools, hottubs, have at least two dinning areas a buffet style and a more formal one (and some offer even more), some have a dance area(?) and some don't know if all have observation decks. Some have libraries as well. That's just on the boat itself..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i also been on cruise and the royal craibbean ships i have been on have also game rooms where you can play cards a librarysome even offer movies and the cruise line i took royal caribbean there are also afternoon shows sometime in the main teater they play a movie or you can play bingo there are lots to do you can even learn recepie class
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy I didn't know that was even available in S3. That ship (world) is amazing, and it amazes me more that there are so many talented and creative simmers out there <3

I remember playing "Cruise Ship Tycoon" ( I think that was the name) way back years ago. I think I still have that disk B)

Maybe it will make it to S4.....probably not though!

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy I didn't know that was even available in S3. That ship (world) is amazing, and it amazes me more that there are so many talented and creative simmers out there <3

I remember playing "Cruise Ship Tycoon" ( I think that was the name) way back years ago. I think I still have that disk B)

Maybe it will make it to S4.....probably not though!

I looked the game up - it looks like a fun game!

What would be really nice is if the devs give us a Create a World for TS4. So if they can't or won't make a cruise ship world, then our creative simmers can make one.

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    back in 2017 some people made some ships (one that was cruise-like) for a contest
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Now THIS is what I really want for TS4!!! Please make this an EP if possible, with new destinations etc! @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruNinja <3
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I don't want it lol My time in the tourism industry taught me how exploitative and disgusting the cruising industry would be. It would be really dumb to have a pack about conserving an island and then bring out a cruising pack
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Love the idea of cruise ships! I'd however prefer a cold weather destination. Alaska, maybe Norway.

arZnUwL.png

H17eiZt.png

Qv115cF.png

4sWnhov.png

30044tH.png

Some of the most popular towns and cities to visit in Alaska are ports of call many cruise itineraries stop at while cruising the state.

Juneau: Alaska's capital city is a great port of call for cruisers who love animals. Take part in a whale watching tour during which you may see the impressive Humpback whale, plus other sea animals like seals and sea lions. The port of Juneau is also nearby the Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area, which is a protected area that lets brown bears live in their natural habitat and it is home to the largest percentage of brown bears in one area.

Anchorage: Anchorage is often the northern most port cruises visit. It is home to snowcapped mountains and glaciers, providing impressive scenery. Some of the most popular excursions in Anchorage include ice and snow. Take part in a flight over glaciers and even land on top of one. Or play with man's best friend and race through the snow as huskies pull you on a dog-sledding adventure.

Ketchikan: Did you know Alaska has rainforests? It does and you can explore the rainforests via the port of Ketchikan on your Alaska cruise. Try ziplining over the rainforest canopy at an adventure park. You can also partake in a nature hike through the forest plus glide down a lake on a Native American style canoe as you learn about the history of Ketchikan and the Native American past of the area.

Skagway: Take part in the river life of Skagway by trying the historic pastime of panning for gold while learning about the history of the practice, or by going white-water rafting down the river for a more adventurous excursion.

Yes this is the type of Vacation World I'm wanting as well.
    I really want a Cruise Pack. Imagine sending your sims on a cruise before or after they get married and it comes with suites for honeymoons. They could actually make this work in a Romantic Based Pack.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    That amazing but sadly the devs have ruled out a cruse ship pack.
    doogerie wrote: »
    That amazing but sadly the devs have ruled out a cruse ship pack.

They could still put this in a big brother pack.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited January 2020
    I would absolutely love that! As much as I enjoy OR and JA, I don't think we have a proper vacation pack.

One of the reasons I'd rather have Sulani as a travelling destination.
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I’m curious about how this was presented to a focus group, as well the composition of the focus group. If they plopped this down in front of a bunch of 12-19 year old girls, of course it flopped!

I suspect EA markets/weights it’s marketing of this game toward the entirely wrong demographic.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Honestly, not that interested in a cruise GP or EP. I'm not sure how eating, swimming, lounging, ect. would be any more fun in a contained environment.

I'm much more interested in an Italian or Asian getaway as they could offer us new experiences and activities. The most interesting part of a cruise is it's excursions, so I'd rather have the focus and gameplay be on the excursions and not on how they get there. Just my opinion of course.