Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RESTAURANTS AND SIMS STEALING FOOD

I have been playing my sims with restaurants since it first released and never had an issue with other sims stealing my sims food. After this new patch released now every time my sims go out to eat there are other sims standing around that come and steal my sims food!

This is so annoying because my sims still have to pay for their meals and don’t even get to eat it! It is hard to enjoy playing restaurants when your sim can not eat the food they ordered. Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Many are. It’s a bug.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited August 2019
    Unfortunately, yes... and it's highly annoying. It basically makes 'Dine Out' completely useless... because the central theme of the pack is literally unplayable right now.

It's my favorite game pack, which makes it even more disappointing... and I would usually recommend it to anyone who's looking into buying a game pack, but I've been completely advising AGAINST buying it... all because of this bug. I can't imagine buying this pack just to find out that my money was wasted.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Sims-Taking-Other-Diner-s-Food/m-p/7956548#M92112

Select “Me Too” while logged in and leave a comment if necessary. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited August 2019
    I hit Me Too already, thought I had a work around by placing them in an isolated spot til even the sim I was playing stole her eating companions food, so it's not just limited to unactive sims
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I hit me too awhile ago, but if you dont mind a little cheating you can reset the sim and then have your sim grab the food back. Far, far from ideal, of course, this bug is quite annoying.
  • SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    They definitely need to fix this. I can’t enjoy or play restaurants and I payed for it
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    There is a way... When you enter the restaurant pick a table near to the kitchen, fence your table and the kitchen to keep other patrons out but allow the waiter to bring food, and hope the waiter doesn't decide to be the one to steal the food.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    SimLover23 wrote: »
    They definitely need to fix this. I can’t enjoy or play restaurants and I payed for it

SimGuruNick confirmed they're working on it.
  • SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    SimLover23 wrote: »

SimGuruNick confirmed they're working on it.

That is good to know!!!
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    My issues is that my sim owns the restaurants and in her restaurant people steal each others food all the time and then people don't leave because they think they never got their food. I'll be glad to have this fixed.
    `
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    My issues is that my sim owns the restaurants and in her restaurant people steal each others food all the time and then people don't leave because they think they never got their food. I'll be glad to have this fixed.
    `

Yep. And this is why restaurants are effectively broken. The food stealing issue snowballs and creates a ton of other problems.
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    Happened to me too recently. It takes FOREVER sometimes to get food and my Sim was redlining with hunger and as soon as he gets his food someone swoops in and snags it. So I had him steal some townie's food. Glad they're working on it
  • kitkat5786kitkat5786 Posts: 6 New Member
    This keeps happening to me too! My sim went out with her boyfriend at 8pm, got their food around 1am, another person stole it, I stole it back, finished it and her boyfriend hadn't even touched his food when she left at 5am because people were standing around I think in a glitch of trying to take his food but it was lagging. So annoying. Hope it gets fixed in today's patch. Like, restaurants already take forever but I mean seriously, almost 10 hours to eat because of everyone trying to take everyone else's food?! I had to make her take a vacation day off of work because she hadn't slept.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2019
    Restaurants are totally no fun since the Island Living patch. I wonder why it's taking so freaking long to fix it?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    As you can see, it's not always another patron who does the stealing:
    nAj5ABo.jpg

Guess my Global Superstar had a reason for always taking up his plate when he got up. Didn't always work out for him, though:
    hBa8KyI.jpg

Yes, the problem has gotten out-of-hand. I do hope this next patch coming to a computer near you next Tues., 13 August 2019, will have a cure for this rising epidemic.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    nAj5ABo.jpg

Guess my Global Superstar had a reason for always taking up his plate when he got up. Didn't always work out for him, though:
    hBa8KyI.jpg

Yes, the problem has gotten out-of-hand. I do hope this next patch coming to a computer near you next Tues., 13 August 2019, will have a cure for this rising epidemic.

@GalacticGal, the patch dropped today.
    Hope they eventually tone down the amount of time it takes to eat out at them, if you own one the customers will leave way before that point, its really not fair to make it take them 5-7+ hours to go to eat food at a restaurtant
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    edited August 2019
    nAj5ABo.jpg

hBa8KyI.jpg

@GalacticGal, the patch dropped today.

I just saw that. Now, I have a very serious choice to make. I either remove my Mods folder and wait until the two I need are updated, or I don't update just yet. That blows my day, either way. This does not make me a happy camper.

Think I have made up my mind to go through all 8 of my saved Trays, and make sure all of my builds that I wish to keep are placed into brand new saves so I can upload them to a single Tray. That should keep me busy. I need to look to see if anyone has a report on what's in this glorious mod-busting or possible mod-busting patch to decide if I should wait.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • reneetheareneethea Posts: 22 Member
    While we're on the topic of restaurants... does it take anyone else 4+ hours to complete a meal?!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    reneethea wrote: »
    While we're on the topic of restaurants... does it take anyone else 4+ hours to complete a meal?!

that's been a problem since the beginning. Also why can't we order drinks, appetizers AND the entree all at the same time like you do in real-life resturants?

6adMCGP.gif
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited August 2019
    MadameLee wrote: »

that's been a problem since the beginning. Also why can't we order drinks, appetizers AND the entree all at the same time like you do in real-life resturants?

Because it's the sims. :) They can only multitask so much and between routing and letting on tables to have multiple plates of food as well as a drink I cant see that happening.

I'd imagine its take sims even longer to eat with that much food in front of them than they usually do.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Since the patch, mega stars are walking around in my restaurants and clean the dishes :o
    So far I did not have anyone steal any food, but then the guests that came with my sim did not eat their food either, they drank their drinks and let the food sit there uneaten. Was that just them, or is it a glitch maybe?
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    So far I did not have anyone steal any food, but then the guests that came with my sim did not eat their food either, they drank their drinks and let the food sit there uneaten. Was that just them, or is it a glitch maybe?

Ugh this has been going on since the July patch. I thought they addressed this as well as stealing the food. I really wish they would fix dine out because it is a big part of my gameplay.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »

Oh I noticed this last night as well. I was wondering why my sims guest wasn't eating. :|
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top