March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why isn't TS4 inclusive of family players?

1131415161719...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    You would think they would have more respect for elders and introduce gameplay that allows an elder to pass along knowledge or experiences or tell the younger Sim a life lesson (they did a little of this with IL by having ghosts/ancestors tell stories to other Sims). But it needs to be a relationship between a young Sim and an elder (kin). Write wills, leave nothing or all to other Sims. Every town in the US probably has a senior citizen center. (members/club) Maybe they should go spend some time in those and see what things elders do and plan and what activities they promote for seniors. Not everyone belongs to one, but specific activities for elders would be a good idea. And family day for elders and younger kids in the game would be a good idea. They should spend some time with those centers to find out if elders like dances, moonlight walks, trail walks, bird watching, craft making, or if they would rather get together and have a cruise or nothing at all. But elder is totally ignored in the TS4 family. At least in TS2 Sims cry and moan when one passes and won't go to work or eat or play until they get that inheritance which lightens the mood.

I think a big problem with special activities for elders, is that older adults are just that...adults, who happen to be older, and for my part I know I would be really insulted if I were an elderly adult now, and saw my entire generation typecast as playing bingo in a senior center. Elders are depicted as being able to do all the things other adults can do, with certain physical limitations on stamina that can have adverse effects if ignored, which is accurate. And you can still have your elders form their own clubs if you have Get Together, to do whatever they like that the game provides. If you like, you can even have them get together at the library for a book club, or a pub for Don't Wake the Llama and darts.
    A lot of older adults have one thing in common: they’re grandparents. And I don’t know about Sims 2, but Sims 3 and 4 are completely ignoring that given. I think a lot of great interactions would be possible around that, including both grandparents and grandchildren acknowledging each other as such. The bond between grandchildren and grandparents is a very special one and in my opinion would be perfect to play out in this game.

This is a good idea. It's the family play people want, not necessarily activity type gameplay. There should have at least been a wish to spoil grandchild, lol. For the game to connect the AI to see this Sim is the grandparent, and the child to acknowledge with an interaction, (even just a hug) to hug grandma, etc. Maybe a little more work by just adding the word grandma or grandpa other than the name of the Sim. Little details matter to most people, I think, and you have made a very good point that is totally overlooked.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited September 2019
    @lisamwitt

I know you said you're playing with a vamp. Regarding the food have you tried adding a grill? I have one home with this trait and there's both a grill from jungle adventure and the new one that goes in the ground.

I usually upgrade items in my regular homes, but didn't think about doing it with the OTG lot. I usually have my Sim walk down the road to the bar to soak up some Wi-Fi lol.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Probably because they only want to appeal to Gen Z teens, which means nothing but social media, selfies, and parties

I totally agree with you. It's sad to me that like 95% of this game is dedicated solely to single, young adult gameplay. Babies-kids and elders have barely anything to do or anything unique to them, and teens are just young adults with a slightly difference face. My only hopes for this game are that we can get a baby update and Generations-type pack to improve on the vastly lacking family play and non-YA life stages.

I think teens do like family game play as do kids I mean baby dolls are popular with kid so I don't see way family play wouldn't be
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited September 2019
    i remember SimGuruGrant tweeting that family-gameplay doesnt really appeal to most players so they decided to release Parenthood as a game pack only. he also refused to update the babies when Lyndsay Pearson asked him to do so. he personally believes there's no immersion in playing with families and that directly affects the output of the game. so that explains it.

it's Grant Rodiek decision why we are left asking for more family interactions.

a family-oriented expansion pack, aka Generations could have been better than Get Famous..

most of us obviously need more family oriented game play, a full expansion pack dedicated to that aspect i supposed. but no, they be releasing full expansion packs like get famous to cater more on rich instagram girls with rich daddies and stuff who are willing to throw their money at EA no matter how bad the pack is.

but there is still hope grant does not work on sims 4 anymore so whoever doing the job now may disagree with him as we do
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JuliesimsieJuliesimsie Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love a generations expansion pack!!!
    What I would love to be in a pack like that:

MEMORIES!
    I want memories back! I want my sims to remember important events like their first kiss, their first love or their wedding.
    I also want them to remember their upbringing as good or bad. And want their traits to be affected by upbringing/choices they made or their parents made for them.

THERAPIST!
    I want the therapist from the sims 2 back! He will appear if kids are taken away, if somebody dies, the sim finds out she can’t have children etc.

ATTRACTION:
    Some sims to have better chemistry to certain sims than others. Also preferences to gender.

ADULTS AND ELDERS COULD HIT MIDLIFE KRISIS
    Midlife krisis. Suddenly wanting to upgrade objects (cars!), wanting a new and younger girlfriend/boyfriend, working out, wanting a new hairstyle, wanting to travel/ move, bad mood for feeling old, trying to be young etc.

For some cheating sims to hide new relationships from their family and even the player. So a new girlfriend could surprisingly appear on the front door pregnant to tell the unexpected wife.

NEW TRAITS FOR KIDS:
    Hating/disliking the other gender.

Clingy sibling: always wanting to be with the other sibling. Being depressed if the sibling don’t want to play with them/hangout. *that trait should be able for toddlers as well.

Hate/disliking your sibling. *Also for teens

Spoiled rotten. *Also for teens and toddlers

Goal oriented: Dreaming about becoming an actor, ballerina, football star, etc.. And prioritizes their dream/hobby in front of everything. Spend their time thinking about their dream when they do homework for instance. They will beg their parents to take them to an auditions etc.

Gamer. These sims hate being outside and spend all their time thinking about gaming, and prioritizes it in front of everything. I would love it if parents could punish these children for wrongdoings by making them play outside, instead of staying in their room! If the parent use the wrong punishment the kid won’t learn.

TOYS/THINGS TO DO FOR KIDS:
    Baby doll with a stroller, so kids can play mommy, daddy and baby!
    Sandpit
    Teaparties with pets and teddy bears
    Toy kitchen
    Treehouse/clubhouse. No girls/boys allowed!
    Hopscotch
    Tossing baseball
    Dressing up in costumes. Teens could cosplay.
    Imaginary friend
    Playing police and robber, playing tag...

HOBBIES:
    I really want hobbies to play an important role in kids and teens life again!

Ballet, Cheerleading, Skateboarding, Ice skating, Acting, Football/baseball/tennis and Collecting rocks, bugs... And being able to scare other sims with the bugs!

And for talent scots to appear. If they’re impressed the child could be offered a scholarship on a private school for ballet etc. Or they could get a job out of it.
    Being able to make a career out of the hobby!

TEENS:
    Get acne and feel embarrassed. Acne could be removed with a cream/pills from the doctor

Growing pain

Get their frist kiss, first love... I also think kids should also be able to fall in love and have a boyfriend/girlfriend

Go to prom with a date and become the promqueen

Sneak out to go to a party/meet a love interest. They might place pillows under
    the blanket so their parentes wont notice that they’re gone. The teen can do this without giving the player a notification, so we might not even notice.

Have parties when parents are away

Become unexpectedly pregnant and some might try to hide it from their parents/boyfriend/friends. Some parents will hate the surprise and kick the teenager out, others will be disappointed, but supportive.

Starting to use makeup. Some parents might hate this. If children wear makeup, the school will send parents a letter and send the child home.

PARENTS, NEW TRAITS:
    Overprotective parent: They would never want their kids to play outside/visit others outside their lot and needs to observe the kids when they play outdoors. These parents don’t want their kids to grow up and would prefer the kids to live home forever. If the kids move out, the parent will come visit and bring food, clean for them etc. these parents will usually hate their kids significant others.

Good parent: will help kids with homework, always cook dinner, always show up to school plays etc, give their kids some space..

Deadbeat parents: Don’t care much about their kids, forgets to cook food, forgets important events for their children...

Stagemom/dad: Will do everything to make their child become a star!

Strict parents: expects the best from their kids, don’t give hugs or emotional support, send the kids away for boarding school on holidays lasting more than two days

Crazy pet parent: Treats pets like their children. Walks around the town with their pets in strollers, makes the pet sleep in a baby crib, eat from a high chair and loves dressing them up. They will hire a petsitter when they leave for work etc.😂 Other sims think they’re crazy

GRANDPATENTS:
    New hobbies: Bingo, knitting

New traits for elders:
    A great grandparent: Some elders want to spend all their time with the family. They bring the kids candy/cookies, cook food, call grandkids to ask them to come visit, give unwanted hugs, take their grandkids to the park. Spoil them basically.

Living in the moment: Other elders want to live the rest of their life to the fullest by traveling a lot/moving to a vacation world, buying expensive things, just eating quality food. These elders don’t have time to their family and don’t really care.

Crazy pet parent: Only wants to spent time with their pets. If they are invited to parties they will bring their pets etc.

OTHER GAMEPLAY I WOULD WANT:
    Children being able to help parents with cooking, cleaning, changing diapers, babysitting etc!

Rabbit holes to occur: School plays, school trips, bingo...

Genius children/teens might go to university before their peers.

Private schools and having to impress the headmaster (if we don’t get it with university)

Ultrasound and photos!

Being able to send postcards to family when on vacation

Taking foot-or handprints of baby or pet (if the sim is a crazy cat lady)

Getting school photos of the kids. Teens might find them embarrassing.

More and better events!! BABY SHOWER(!!!!!), weddings with personal wishes for the day, bridesmaids and a honeymoon, bachelor parties, funeral

OTHER ITEMS I WANT:
    Changing table, Stroller!, Baby gym, Baby walker (for toddlers who can’t walk), More clothes and hair for toddlers!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would love a generations expansion pack!!!
    What I would love to be in a pack like that:

MEMORIES!
    I want memories back! I want my sims to remember important events like their first kiss, their first love or their wedding.
    I also want them to remember their upbringing as good or bad. And want their traits to be affected by upbringing/choices they made or their parents made for them.

THERAPIST!
    I want the therapist from the sims 2 back! He will appear if kids are taken away, if somebody dies, the sim finds out she can’t have children etc.

ATTRACTION:
    Some sims to have better chemistry to certain sims than others. Also preferences to gender.

ADULTS AND ELDERS COULD HIT MIDLIFE KRISIS
    Midlife krisis. Suddenly wanting to upgrade objects (cars!), wanting a new and younger girlfriend/boyfriend, working out, wanting a new hairstyle, wanting to travel/ move, bad mood for feeling old, trying to be young etc.

For some cheating sims to hide new relationships from their family and even the player. So a new girlfriend could surprisingly appear on the front door pregnant to tell the unexpected wife.

NEW TRAITS FOR KIDS:
    Hating/disliking the other gender.

Clingy sibling: always wanting to be with the other sibling. Being depressed if the sibling don’t want to play with them/hangout. *that trait should be able for toddlers as well.

Hate/disliking your sibling. *Also for teens

Spoiled rotten. *Also for teens and toddlers

Goal oriented: Dreaming about becoming an actor, ballerina, football star, etc.. And prioritizes their dream/hobby in front of everything. Spend their time thinking about their dream when they do homework for instance. They will beg their parents to take them to an auditions etc.

Gamer. These sims hate being outside and spend all their time thinking about gaming, and prioritizes it in front of everything. I would love it if parents could punish these children for wrongdoings by making them play outside, instead of staying in their room! If the parent use the wrong punishment the kid won’t learn.

TOYS/THINGS TO DO FOR KIDS:
    Baby doll with a stroller, so kids can play mommy, daddy and baby!
    Sandpit
    Teaparties with pets and teddy bears
    Toy kitchen
    Treehouse/clubhouse. No girls/boys allowed!
    Hopscotch
    Tossing baseball
    Dressing up in costumes. Teens could cosplay.
    Imaginary friend
    Playing police and robber, playing tag...

HOBBIES:
    I really want hobbies to play an important role in kids and teens life again!

Ballet, Cheerleading, Skateboarding, Ice skating, Acting, Football/baseball/tennis and Collecting rocks, bugs... And being able to scare other sims with the bugs!

And for talent scots to appear. If they’re impressed the child could be offered a scholarship on a private school for ballet etc. Or they could get a job out of it.
    Being able to make a career out of the hobby!

TEENS:
    Get acne and feel embarrassed. Acne could be removed with a cream/pills from the doctor

Growing pain

Get their frist kiss, first love... I also think kids should also be able to fall in love and have a boyfriend/girlfriend

Go to prom with a date and become the promqueen

Sneak out to go to a party/meet a love interest. They might place pillows under
    the blanket so their parentes wont notice that they’re gone. The teen can do this without giving the player a notification, so we might not even notice.

Have parties when parents are away

Become unexpectedly pregnant and some might try to hide it from their parents/boyfriend/friends. Some parents will hate the surprise and kick the teenager out, others will be disappointed, but supportive.

Starting to use makeup. Some parents might hate this. If children wear makeup, the school will send parents a letter and send the child home.

PARENTS, NEW TRAITS:
    Overprotective parent: They would never want their kids to play outside/visit others outside their lot and needs to observe the kids when they play outdoors. These parents don’t want their kids to grow up and would prefer the kids to live home forever. If the kids move out, the parent will come visit and bring food, clean for them etc. these parents will usually hate their kids significant others.

Good parent: will help kids with homework, always cook dinner, always show up to school plays etc, give their kids some space..

Deadbeat parents: Don’t care much about their kids, forgets to cook food, forgets important events for their children...

Stagemom/dad: Will do everything to make their child become a star!

Strict parents: expects the best from their kids, don’t give hugs or emotional support, send the kids away for boarding school on holidays lasting more than two days

Crazy pet parent: Treats pets like their children. Walks around the town with their pets in strollers, makes the pet sleep in a baby crib, eat from a high chair and loves dressing them up. They will hire a petsitter when they leave for work etc.😂 Other sims think they’re crazy

GRANDPATENTS:
    New hobbies: Bingo, knitting

New traits for elders:
    A great grandparent: Some elders want to spend all their time with the family. They bring the kids candy/cookies, cook food, call grandkids to ask them to come visit, give unwanted hugs, take their grandkids to the park. Spoil them basically.

Living in the moment: Other elders want to live the rest of their life to the fullest by traveling a lot/moving to a vacation world, buying expensive things, just eating quality food. These elders don’t have time to their family and don’t really care.

Crazy pet parent: Only wants to spent time with their pets. If they are invited to parties they will bring their pets etc.

OTHER GAMEPLAY I WOULD WANT:
    Children being able to help parents with cooking, cleaning, changing diapers, babysitting etc!

Rabbit holes to occur: School plays, school trips, bingo...

Genius children/teens might go to university before their peers.

Private schools and having to impress the headmaster (if we don’t get it with university)

Ultrasound and photos!

Being able to send postcards to family when on vacation

Taking foot-or handprints of baby or pet (if the sim is a crazy cat lady)

Getting school photos of the kids. Teens might find them embarrassing.

More and better events!! BABY SHOWER(!!!!!), weddings with personal wishes for the day, bridesmaids and a honeymoon, bachelor parties, funeral

OTHER ITEMS I WANT:
    Changing table, Stroller!, Baby gym, Baby walker (for toddlers who can’t walk), More clothes and hair for toddlers!
    I love all these ideas. I'm not too much of a fan of rabbit holes personally, but I can tell you are a true family player with your passion for families. Cooties would be super cute.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller