September 17 - We just released a small patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac - click here for more details.
September 13 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!

Do You Use MCCC?

RouenpucelleRouenpucelle Posts: 830 Member
edited July 31 in Gameplay Mods
Do you use MCCC, and if so, which parts?

I downloaded it last night, hoping it could fix a problem I'm having with relationships. It didn't, and I was really happy to uninstall MCCC. There were way too many ways it could change my game in ways I didn't like. I also tried MCCC Woohoo. It seems like some of MCCC's default settings make changes to the game, rather than having all of the default settings leaving the game in default status, so if I hadn't taken the time to look at every setting, things might have been changed that I didn't want changed. I also didn't like seeing the secret formulas behind the curtain, like what percentage chance abductees have to become pregnant in a regular game. I like it to be an interesting mystery.

With that said, I can also see how people who don't like vanilla Sims would love this! It has a million settings to help you control many aspects of the game. The aspects it controls just don't happen to be the aspects I want controlled. For example, I get a kick out of townies showing up in ridiculous outfits. 😁

It was very easy to install, and once I learned that you access settings through a game computer, it was pretty easy to configure.
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 2,934 Member
    edited August 9
    I mostly use it so for story progression purposes. So, the features I use most are the pregnancy and marriage settings, to enable unplayed sims to have families of their own. Apart from that, I also use the ‘freeze physique’ option a lot and the one which makes a sim leave the lot immediately. Sometimes I use it to stop sims autonomously doing certain actions such as grabbing a drink (I had one sim who would do this every 5 seconds if unattended and it was driving me up the wall). Sometimes if my sim has already completed an aspiration task but before that stage in the aspiration so it hasn’t registered, I’ll use MCCC to mark that aspiration task as complete. I also sometimes use MCCC to speed up vampire XP gain. Occasionally I use MC woohoo to give a chance of accidental pregnancy. Oh and if I’m getting too many alien abductions I’ll use MCCC to change the chance of a pregnancy resulting to 0.

I use MCCC’s settings do that any two same sex sims can try for a baby together. It’s kind of annoying to have to go into CAS and set the gender options every time. And I have also used it for elder pregnancy in the past.

ETA: I use MCCC to stop friendship and romantic relationship decay. I almost forgot that I do this because it’s such a staple feature of my play.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,203 Member
    I don’t use it.

Not because it’s not an excellent mod. Because it is. It keeps the game alive at the very least and stops your worlds turning into ghost towns after a generation or two.

I stopped simply because I don’t play the sims 4 enough to keep up to date with its frequent updates and while Deaderpool is incredibly quick with updates, I was just finding it a pain to keep up to date.

When the sims 4 ends I would install it, no question.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 3,549 Member
    I use it sometimes, but mostly only for the Risky WooHoo part it adds and making cheats easier. But then I got UI Cheats Extension, so I don't really use it any more.
    s8EMvHa.png
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,263 Member
    You can turn off everything you don't want from it... I turned off autonomous marriage of townies right now along with pregnancy... The good thing about MCCC is that nothing is forced. You have a lot to read to understand every setting though. I use it to slow down the game time for example.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 14,236 Member
    Personally, I love the MCCC mod and am heavily reliant on it. I am still a novice at it, however. There's just so much to it. I go the the MCCC help thread to ask questions, especially when I can't figure it out on my own. Sorry you couldn't correct your game problem.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PlainConeyPlainConey Posts: 40 Member
    I use it mostly for my roleplaying saves, since it's easier to just dress up a townie in the same victorian outfit without having to load cas. or to force dogs and cats on all households, because if you can't be a god, at least you can have pets.
    tumblr_pveqn05fFL1u5990do1_r7_1280.png
  • LilacxLilacx Posts: 16 New Member
    No, I don’t use it. It just feels way too overwhelming for me and I’ve never fully looked into it. I never felt the need to have it either.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 78 Member
    edited August 9
    I use MCCC all the time. Everything it does I find useful like disabling all the annoying buggy autonomous actions that waste time is one thing.

Also I find it really useful how you can import all the customized clothing and body/face changes from a library saved preset onto another sim.

It makes changing your sim really fast since you can load up either only the body/face changes or also the clothing ones of a sim you already made and just import it onto another sim. Saves countless hours of tedious work.

Also being able to protect all or selected sims you want from culling(permanent character deletion from the game) is great so you never have to fear them being lost forever.

Its the power of being able to micromanage every single point of the game I like about it, it can let you control almost everything. Without it, i find the game annoying and I wouldn't be able to play it without it.
    Windows 7 64 Bit, LG 32" Ultrawide, 4770k i7, 1080 GTX, 32 Gigabricks of the Ram, SSD?
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 156 Member
    I love it. Been using it for ages. I don't think there's much there I haven't used.
  • pnr8555pnr8555 Posts: 17 Member
    Used it for many stuffs as a rotational player. From outfit control, to sometimes forcing disliked/despised sims out of the venue lots. Used together with many of TwistedMexi's mods.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 137 Member
    Yes, but I am still learning how to use it. I have all the story progression turned off as I don't like that, but I like the dresser, the cheats when I am making a character to suit a story, and, more than anything else, the ability to make Sims leave. Just get off my lawn!
  • ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    It's the one mod that is a must have for me. I'm the opposite of the poster above in that I use it for story progression primarily and don't generally bother with the dresser. It's just so useful for a variety of reasons/gameplay styles. Since I'm a binge Sims player, updates are easy for me. I just keep my settings file and plop in the updated mccc files when I want to play again. I'm so thankful for Deaderpool for always working on it and keeping it up to date for us at no charge.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • SS_DrakonSS_Drakon Posts: 16 New Member
    Yea I also really like MCCC, easy way to remove minor annoyances that may occur
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 26 Member
    Before I downloaded it, I read over and over again (on here) that once you start using it, it changes the game so much you can't play without it...and it's so true! At least for me, lol. I love being able to control NPCs and boost story progression by changing skill levels, relationships, etc. I was able to set up an entire multi-neighborhood Fairy Tale world by manipulating the relationships with MCCC. For example, Little Red Riding Hood's grandma is in a different neighborhood and Maleficent needed to have a contentious relationship with multiple sims early on...
  • thegirls2012thegirls2012 Posts: 7 New Member
    I use it (mainly) for the pregnancies. I also love the skill cheat - makes it LOADS easier than entering everything manually.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 1,617 Member
    I used to but lately I have been playing without. (last couple of months). When I start a new save I might add it back.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 7,822 Member
    No ... the only reason I'd be interested is for townie clothing restriction options but it's a really big mod to use just for that.. and the set up looked intimidating to me when I did look into it. I'd rather put up with bad dressing than update something every month.
    Sala-gadoola-menchicka-boo-la bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
    Put 'em together and what have you got?
    Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo