March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best place for free hair, clothes, eyelashes, etc. you think someone should go for CC?

I've been recently modifying my games but when it comes to custom content like hair, clothes, eyelashes (LOL), I have no where idea where to go or start. When I look at some websites I get either irritated because I can't tell if I really like anything, if it's free, or safe to download. Is it feasible to download hair, eyelashes, and stuff from one website? Or does everyone go all over for stuff? I want long eyelashes nothing crazy lol and just normal hair styles that I would wear in real life. It's hard to describe but if anyone has suggestions where to go that I can easily navigate and can put somewhere what each website offers that would be great. For example if one website is more preppy valley girl stuff, ones more urban city hip-hop style, one more emo/punk, you get the point lol. I don't have a specific style but I just don't want to spend hours looking at 20 different websites there has to be a way to narrow this down until I get the hang of it. PLEASE HELP A GIRL OUT!

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Tumblr is a very good place to start for content as a lot of creators are there. Some people like to do TSR, but the website has so much ads on it and a wait time of 10 seconds. (Can be taken care of if you have adblockers and such). Here's a couple of my favorite places for CC. (Mostly Maxis match.)

For eyelashes many use Kijiko eyelashes http://kijiko-catfood.com/3d-lashes/

Joliebean
    Leeleesims1
    Viiavi
    SavvySweet
    Trillyke
    Simple Simmer
    Grimcookies
    5vJrxmT.png
  • DeadInsid3_plur2EDMDeadInsid3_plur2EDM Posts: 44 Member
    @LadyKyn Thank you so much! Do I need to have a Tumblr account to download them? I do have ad blocker which is amazing so I will try TSR too, thank you again. It's just super overwhelming to look at so many websites.
    edited August 2019
    Nope. No tumblr account needed to use the search function, but it is handy if you want to like or reblog your favorite pieces of CC so you can make note of them in case you have to re-download them. :)

I do suggest being weary of downloading from creators who may use ad-fly. The creators I listed do not use ad-fly, but there are still many that do in which it would be best to have a adfly skipper and even universal bypass to get past those pesky screens of waiting 5 to 10 seconds as your computer won't be subjected to any aggressive ads and viruses. If you really need a certain piece of CC and it's behind a ad-fly link (and usually link shorteners).

Also another place for some decent CC will be luumia. He has some very nice default to non-default skin replacements that are MM friendly and looks great. As well as game mods to remove the blue glo in the sims game (you noticed more at night) as well as using a more natural lighting in the game as well as the glo.

https://luumiasims.com/ccpage

5vJrxmT.png
  • DeadInsid3_plur2EDMDeadInsid3_plur2EDM Posts: 44 Member
    @LadyKyn Yeah thankfully I did download the adfly awhile back when I saw it somewhere on how to download mods. Is the power outage in your icon thing is that part of the game or another mod? I saw a mod for it but wasn't sure if it ever comes naturally.
    @LadyKyn Yeah thankfully I did download the adfly awhile back when I saw it somewhere on how to download mods. Is the power outage in your icon thing is that part of the game or another mod? I saw a mod for it but wasn't sure if it ever comes naturally.

It's part of a mod. I believe it's on mod the sims as there's a chance the power can go out during a thunderstorm.

Your sim will also get a buff depending on their trait. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    I just pay for TSR. It's not that expensive and to me it's worth the price. I LOVE custom content. I usually check there first and if it doesn't have what I am looking for I google. Pinterest has a lot as well.

@LadyKyn I don't think I could handle that thunderstorm mod. I already get annoyed that they get upset during storms! LOL
  • MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    I also pay for TSR... you can download from there for free but to me, it's worth it to fork over the 3 dollars or so a month to have it advertisement-free. There are a few patreon creators I follow as well for mods/cc that cannot be discussed here, but they are $1 a month. I agree too that Kijiko is a must have for eyelashes, they are amazing!
  • RealTeacherPlaysRealTeacherPlays Posts: 40 Member
    I have a bookmark collection of my favourite CC featuring my favourite creators. Check out their tumblr blogs to see what other stuffs they make. I prefer Maxis match CC though...