Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Paramours- A Reading Circle

Comments

• RavenspielRavenspiel Posts: 21 Member
    Super sorry for the spam, but I just changed my blog address to ravenspiel.wordpress.com . I would have made it that from the beginning, but I couldn't see the option for some reason. My prologue will now be on ravenspiel.wordpress/2019/08/07/0-prologue/ .
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @Ravenspiel We're not spotlighting until next week so everyone has time to get caught up with reading/writing so don't worry for now :)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Ravenspiel wrote: »
    Hi! I'd like to hold off on getting spotlighted for a while, as I won't have much up, but I'm happy to discuss another story. I'll be making my way through both Stars and the Sun and Nightshade at the same time! I'm suuuuper looking forward to it. :)

@Ravenspiel I'll get to your prologue (as well as Stars and the Sun) sometime this week before we start spotlighting! :) Enjoy Nightshade! The writing and screenshot quality improves greatly as you go along, so don't judge my amateur skills in the beginning :sweat_smile:
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
    edited August 2019
    @Ravenspiel Updated your blog link on the front page :)

I read your prologue and it's intriguing. But I'd like to offer a bit of constructive criticism.
    Characters' thoughts should be in italics to differentiate them from the rest of the regular text. Also, I suggest using a spell/grammar checking tool to edit your work, there are many different ones available but I swear by Grammarly. It has free and paid options. Here's a link if you're interested, I highly recommend using it. :)
    Grammarly
    @NyteRose Thanks for the feedback!
    I didn't bother italicizing the thoughts because the story is told in first person and everything is told through her thoughts. I didn't want to italicize everything... xD

As for Grammarly, thanks for the recommendation! I'll look into it :)
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    edited August 2019
    @NyteRose - Oh gosh! I'd love to join if there is still room. My story "Forever in Time" most definitely fits into this category. It can be found on my blog Simming With Sweet Nightingale

Content Warnings - Adult language, sexual content, mature/dark themes, and other sensitive topics.

Synopsis - After the death of Lenora's husband and son in a tragic plane crash, she believed her life was over. With the help of her mother figure and friend, Goddess Mathilda, the healing began. New adventures awaited Lenora, including finding her true soulmate on a Reality TV dating show. Now, she and werewolf husband Tyrone must undertake a mission to save the universe from certain destruction while nurturing their romance and raising their family.

This is a Supernatural/Paranormal romantic soap opera-ish kind of story with a larger cast. Lenora and Tyrone are the core of the story, but there are definitely other Supernatural romantic characters there, too.

I would recommend reading Lenora's Bachelorette Challenge before starting with "Forever in Time" because this includes Lenora's backstory and how she and Tyrone became a pair.

Anyway, I hope I'm allowed to join. I'm a total Supernatural romance junkie, so this is right up my alley.

Please, may I join?
    Post edited by sweetnightingale on
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
    @sweetnightingale Sure, you can join. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, life got busy :D
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @sweetnightingale Sure, you can join. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, life got busy :D

Yay, awesome!!! No worries about the response. I know how busy life can get. 😊

I know there was some discussion about being spotlighted. I can go whenever, as I have quite amount t of material up and am always adding more. Are we having big discussions on a particular day for the spotlighted story? Do we just read as much as we can or are we breaking each story up into having smaller chunks read by a certain time?

I’ll go through and follow each of the blogs, and I’ll get started on my reading over the weekend. All the stories sound awesome!

edited August 2019
    @sweetnightingale, For now, I'd say just catch up as much as you can, we're pretty relaxed so don't feel rushed. And welcome to the group :)

@squirrelwithacup @Ravenspiel @sweetnightingale So is everyone okay with starting the spotlighting next Monday or is there a better day? And who wants to go first? :)

EDIT- Frontpage has been updated accordingly.
    @NyteRose - sounds good to me! I’m looking forward to getting to know all the stories as well as their authors. Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

Mondays are good for me. I have no problem going first unless someone else wants to.
    @sweetnightingale Hey, welcome to our circle! :smiley: It's nice to meet you, looks like I have a lot of catching up to do over the weekend for you guys' stories. :joy:
    @sweetnightingale, For now, I'd say just catch up as much as you can, we're pretty relaxed so don't feel rushed. And welcome to the group :)

@squirrelwithacup @Ravenspiel @sweetnightingale So is everyone okay with starting the spotlighting next Monday or is there a better day? And who wants to go first? :)

EDIT- Frontpage has been updated accordingly.

I'm perfectly fine with Monday! If sweetnightingale wants to go first, that's fine too. Nightshade's 1st anniversary will actually fall in that spotlight week, and you might think that would be a great time for me to ask for the spotlight, but I have some projects planned for celebrating that milestone so I might be a little too busy to be spotlighted :joy:
    37oYgl3.png
    @squirrelwithacup - Congrats on your story’s first anniversary! That’s always an awesome milestone to celebrate. If you change your mind and want the spotlight for your anniversary, I totally understand and will gladly step back.😊
    @squirrelwithacup - Congrats on your story’s first anniversary! That’s always an awesome milestone to celebrate. If you change your mind and want the spotlight for your anniversary, I totally understand and will gladly step back.😊

Aww, thank you so much, but you really don't have to do that. Whenever I get spotlighted I want to be focused on that, not completing and uploading things for a deadline. :)
    37oYgl3.png

Aww, thank you so much, but you really don't have to do that. Whenever I get spotlighted I want to be focused on that, not completing and uploading things for a deadline. :)

Okay then, as long as you’re sure. 😊 I know what you mean though. I don’t like to be under the gun, and I do my best work when I’m not rushed.
    @squirrelwithacup @sweetnightingale @Ravenspiel

Ok, so I've come up with a tentative spotlight schedule starting Monday:
    @NyteRose
    @sweetnightingale
    @squirrelwithacup
    @Ravenspiel

I can switch places if someone else wants to go first :)
    @NyteRose - Looks good to me. 😊 I’m a little over halfway through your story so should be good to go with discussion. Hoping to get to the other stories this weekend but will be pretty busy Sunday, so I’m not sure how far I’ll get. I’m definitely enjoying your story and am rooting for Caleb and Jasmina to survive the hard times.

Ok, so I've come up with a tentative spotlight schedule starting Monday:
    @NyteRose
    @sweetnightingale
    @squirrelwithacup
    @Ravenspiel

I can switch places if someone else wants to go first :)

@NyteRose Sounds great to me! That at least lets me know I need to catch up on your story first (yay for a motivation to stop procrastinating!) and I'll be looking forward to the start of the spotlight!
    37oYgl3.png
    Okay, the schedule is official then :)
    So much has happened!

@sweetnightingale Hi! Your story sounds awesome and I look forward to reading it. :)

@NyteRose Schedule looks great, I'll try to read as much of your story as possible before Monday!

@squirrelwithacup Wow congratulations on your first anniversary! I've started reading Nightshade and it'll be cool to see how much your writing changes over one whole year. I love it so far by the way!
    @Ravenspiel - Thank you so much! I’ve put so much time and effort into these characters, so I’m always thrilled when someone likes my story. I hope you enjoy it when you’re able to get to it. 😊
    So much has happened!

@sweetnightingale Hi! Your story sounds awesome and I look forward to reading it. :)

@NyteRose Schedule looks great, I'll try to read as much of your story as possible before Monday!

@squirrelwithacup Wow congratulations on your first anniversary! I've started reading Nightshade and it'll be cool to see how much your writing changes over one whole year. I love it so far by the way!

Thank you @Ravenspiel! <3 I feel like it definitely changes a lot, and I'm proud of how far it's come.
    37oYgl3.png
    edited August 2019
    @NyteRose - I’m caught up on your story now. I’m highly enjoying it and looking forward to seeing what will happen next.

@Ravenspiel - I’m caught up on yours, too. Your prologue sounds so intriguing, and I can’t wait to see where this partnership goes.

It’s interesting that you both are featuring the Vatore family. I always love to see how different people interpret the same Sims.

@squirrelwithacup - On to your story now. 😊
    @NyteRose - I’m caught up on your story now. I’m highly enjoying it and looking forward to seeing what will happen next.

@Ravenspiel - I’m caught up on yours, too. Your prologue sounds so intriguing, and I can’t wait to see where this partnership goes.

It’s interesting that you both are featuring the Vatore family. I always love to see how different people interpret the same Sims.

@squirrelwithacup - On to your story now. 😊

I can't wait to hear what you think of it! <3
    37oYgl3.png
    @sweetnightingale thanks! Not much to catch up on, right? xD
    I think you'll find my take on the Vatores very different from Nyterose's. It'll certainly be interesting to compare!
    @sweetnightingale thanks! Not much to catch up on, right? xD
    I think you'll find my take on the Vatores very different from Nyterose's. It'll certainly be interesting to compare!

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing your take on the Vitores, it’s always interesting to me to see such different interpretations of the same Sims. They come with a bit of a bio, but really, you can do anything you want with them. 😊

Although my main character in my stories are Sims of my own creation, I like bringing in a townie to help out. Of course, many of them need a makeover. LOL! At least Sims 3 townies do. 😄
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top