Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Paramours- A Reading Circle

NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
Welcome to Paranormal Paramours, a Reading Circle dedicated to supernatural romance stories. Vampires, witches, fairies, and other creatures that go bump in the night are all welcome here. All games are included too.

Rules:

All stories must be romantic and supernatural/paranormal in theme.
Be kind to each other.
Readers/writers and lurkers can leave comments but please be respectful and not an a**hat.
Member stories will be spotlighted every week (subject to change.) Readers can ask the author questions about their work and vice-versa.
Have fun and encourage and support each other

Here are the current members and their stories:

@NyteRose 's Stars and the Sun
Warnings: Adult language, violence, sensuality, sexual content, and substance abuse.
Synopsis: Jasmina Chase is a young woman who dreams of becoming an author and has moved to Willow Creek for a new job and a fresh start in life. One night while relaxing with friends at a nightclub after a rough day at work, she meets Caleb Vatore, a handsome, charming man with a dark secret. Will sparks fly or just fizzle?

@squirrelwithacup 's Nightshade: A Simlit
Warnings: Contains very sensitive topics, violence, and sexual content. Recommended for teen audiences and older.
Synopsis: What will become of a human girl and her vampire best friend in a world where humans and vampires are enemies?

@Ravenspiel 's A Vampire's Guide to Relativity
Warnings: Sensitive topics, adult language, sexual content
Synopsis: A vampire girl meets a human boy, and his life is but a moment in her eternity.

@sweetnightingale 's Forever in Time
Warnings - Adult language, sexual content, mature/dark themes, and other sensitive topics.
Synopsis - After the death of Lenora's husband and son in a tragic plane crash, she believed her life was over. With the help of her mother figure and friend, Goddess Mathilda, the healing began. New adventures awaited Lenora, including finding her true soulmate on a Reality TV dating show. Now, she and werewolf husband Tyrone must undertake a mission to save the universe from certain destruction while nurturing their romance and raising their family.

Removed links after review ~Rtas
It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Welcome to Paranormal Paramours, a Reading Circle dedicated to supernatural romance stories. Vampires, witches, fairies, and other creatures that go bump in the night are all welcome here. All games are included too.

Rules:

All stories must be romantic and supernatural/paranormal in theme.
    Be kind to each other.
    Readers/writers and lurkers can leave comments but please be respectful and not an a**hat.
    Member stories will be spotlighted every week (subject to change.) Readers can ask the author questions about their work and vice-versa.
    Have fun and encourage and support each other

Hey, @NyteRose! I'd love to join. :)
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @squirrelwithacup Sure thing!
    Can you post a link? Please include any content warnings and a synopsis of your story and I'll update the front page :)
    @squirrelwithacup Sure thing!
    Can you post a link? Please include any content warnings and a synopsis of your story and I'll update the front page :)

@NyteRose Of course! Sorry it took a while to get back to you. :sweat_smile:

http://nightshadesimlit.blogspot.com
    Nightshade: A Simlit

(My original, desperately needs to be updated) Sypnosis: What will become of a human girl and her vampire best friend in a world where humans and vampires are enemies?

Warnings: Contains very sensitive topics, violence, and sexual content. Recommended for teen audiences and older.
    37oYgl3.png
    Frontpage has been updated. We have three more spots still open and accept new writers and all games as long as the story meets the theme requirements. Lesser-known writers looking for more readers are welcome as well.
    Let's start up a bit of discussion :)
    @NyteRose What inspired you to write a simlit of this genre? Realistic settings are far more popular, so a vampire story is daring to be a little different. :grin:
    37oYgl3.png
    edited July 2019
    @squirrelwithacup I've always had an interest in the darker side of life so I gravitated towards vampires after discovering Anne Rice's novels and later on goth music and fashion. But the biggest inspirations for my story were the Vampires game pack and the film Bram Stoker's Dracula. I laid eyes on Caleb and had to give him a backstory. I saw a brooding, tortured man beneath the vampire, so combining a bit of gameplay and the Gothic Victorian themes of the pack I started outlining and drafting. The result is a story with over two years' worth of blood, sweat and tears poured into it. And the ride still isn't over. :)

What made you choose to write this particular genre?
    @squirrelwithacup I've always had an interest in the darker side of life so I gravitated towards vampires after discovering Anne Rice's novels and later on goth music and fashion. But the biggest inspirations for my story were the Vampires game pack and the film Bram Stoker's Dracula. I laid eyes on Caleb and had to give him a backstory. I saw a brooding, tortured man beneath the vampire, so combining a bit of gameplay and the Gothic Victorian themes of the pack I started outlining and drafting. The result is a story with over two years' worth of blood, sweat and tears poured into it. And the ride still isn't over. :)

@NyteRose I actually just got Anne Rice novels, I've read a bit of Interview with the Vampire but I haven't gotten very far in. :sweat_smile:

As for me, interestingly enough, I used to hate the concept of things like vampires, werewolves, and witches. I saw it as a little dumb. I rolled my eyes at the Twilight craze and had zero interest in vampires. I started playing TS4 in the very end of 2017, and I wasn't sure what pack to get first. Much to my disapproval there were vampires. But... the Gothic/Victorian theme? Right up my alley. I bought the pack for no other purpose than that, but figured I should make a vampire sim to at least use everything I paid for. ...That sim was Onyx Nightshade, my story began to sculpt itself in my game and soon I was in love. He became a favorite, I loved the vampire mechanics and Forgotten Hollow, I found the implied stories for the Vatore and Straud households to be immensely interesting... I was hooked on sim vampires, and it didn't stop there. Fast forward to now and I'm a total junkie for vampires, aliens, werewolves, witches, fairies... any kind of supernatural and paranormal you can think of, and I'm addicted to anything regarding it. I love fiction that includes them, the fantasy and legends and speculation behind them are amazing and I can't believe it took a video game for me to realize it. :joy: So, really, simply deciding to give Vampires, and later other packs with different lifestates, a try is what inspired me to write Nightshade. Onyx was the turn of events in my game that made it come to life, and create a story in my head as the events played out far deeper than I imagined to be possible.
    37oYgl3.png

@NyteRose I actually just got Anne Rice novels, I've read a bit of Interview with the Vampire but I haven't gotten very far in. :sweat_smile:

As for me, interestingly enough, I used to hate the concept of things like vampires, werewolves, and witches. I saw it as a little dumb. I rolled my eyes at the Twilight craze and had zero interest in vampires. I started playing TS4 in the very end of 2017, and I wasn't sure what pack to get first. Much to my disapproval there were vampires. But... the Gothic/Victorian theme? Right up my alley. I bought the pack for no other purpose than that, but figured I should make a vampire sim to at least use everything I paid for. ...That sim was Onyx Nightshade, my story began to sculpt itself in my game and soon I was in love. He became a favorite, I loved the vampire mechanics and Forgotten Hollow, I found the implied stories for the Vatore and Straud households to be immensely interesting... I was hooked on sim vampires, and it didn't stop there. Fast forward to now and I'm a total junkie for vampires, aliens, werewolves, witches, fairies... any kind of supernatural and paranormal you can think of, and I'm addicted to anything regarding it. I love fiction that includes them, the fantasy and legends and speculation behind them are amazing and I can't believe it took a video game for me to realize it. :joy: So, really, simply deciding to give Vampires, and later other packs with different lifestates, a try is what inspired me to write Nightshade. Onyx was the turn of events in my game that made it come to life, and create a story in my head as the events played out far deeper than I imagined to be possible.

There are scenes in Chapter 12 of Stars that take place in a Goth nightclub...you get to see a gothed-out Caleb. <3 Maybe that's up your alley? ;)

There are scenes in Chapter 12 of Stars that take place in a Goth nightclub...you get to see a gothed-out Caleb. <3 Maybe that's up your alley? ;)

That does indeed sound up my alley ;)
    37oYgl3.png
    @squirrelwithacup Up to Chapter 33 of Nightshade so far... It's a well-written story that pulls at the heartstrings in many ways... And dang Onyx grew up hot. He looks very nice without a shirt ;)
    @squirrelwithacup Up to Chapter 33 of Nightshade so far... It's a well-written story that pulls at the heartstrings in many ways... And dang Onyx grew up hot. He looks very nice without a shirt ;)

@NyteRose Thank you! I know I need to get around to reading yours too, I've actually been meaning to for a while but I never get around to it :sweat_smile: Also, I agree, shirtless Onyx is nice :joy: I'm glad you think it's well-written, I find my writing gets way better the further along it goes since I started out with no writing experience. Also, you're about to the point that the screenshots/editing start gradually improving so that's a nice bonus!
    37oYgl3.png

@NyteRose Thank you! I know I need to get around to reading yours too, I've actually been meaning to for a while but I never get around to it :sweat_smile: Also, I agree, shirtless Onyx is nice :joy: I'm glad you think it's well-written, I find my writing gets way better the further along it goes since I started out with no writing experience. Also, you're about to the point that the screenshots/editing start gradually improving so that's a nice bonus!
    37oYgl3.png
  • bookloverbluebookloverblue Posts: 451 Member
    This thread looks great! My Gothic, Grim Reaper associated 100 Baby Challenge came to mind, but I think it has too few storytelling parts to qualify. :(

Will be a happy lurker, though!
  • RavenspielRavenspiel Posts: 21 Member
    Hi guys! I'm completely new to the forums but I've been planning to start writing a story about a vampire romance. Could I join this reading circle? I'd love to share my story with people who share my interest in vampires (my favorite pack!) :D
    @Ravenspiel Sure thing! Can you post a blog link, any content warnings, and a synopsis of your story please so I can update the front page?
    Thank you! :D

Title: A Vampire’s Guide to Relativity
    Link: ravenspiel.home.blog (I can’t really post links yet sorry xD)
    Warnings: Sensitive topics, adult language, sexual content
    Synopsis: A vampire girl meets a human boy, and his life is but a moment in her eternity.

I'll have the prologue up real soon!
    Welcome to the Circle @Ravenspiel :)
    Frontpage has been updated accordingly.

@squirrelwithacup @Ravenspiel
    When do you guys want to start spotlighting, or should we have another week of informal discussion?
    Welcome to the Circle @Ravenspiel :)
    Frontpage has been updated accordingly.

When do you guys want to start spotlighting, or should we have another week of informal discussion?

@NyteRose I think spotlighting would be okay with three people being members now, if you'd like to start?
    37oYgl3.png
    edited August 2019
    Who wants to go first? :)
    Who wants to go first? :)

Either way is fine with me! I'm not in any rush for the spotlight :smile:
    37oYgl3.png
    I think @Ravenspiel is still getting their story/blog set up so maybe we should wait until next week to start the spotlighting?
    I think @Ravenspiel is still getting their story/blog set up so maybe we should wait until next week to start the spotlighting?

@NyteRose That's fine with me! :)
    37oYgl3.png
    Ok then, next week we'll start story spotlighting. Readers can ask the authors questions about their work and writers can ask readers questions too :)
    Hi! I'd like to hold off on getting spotlighted for a while, as I won't have much up, but I'm happy to discuss another story. I'll be making my way through both Stars and the Sun and Nightshade at the same time! I'm suuuuper looking forward to it. :)
    While I'm here, I'll drop this off:
    ravenspiel.home.blog/2019/08/07/0-prologue/

I posted the prologue! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top