Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Region 12 NEWS - Short TV reports from my game - Feb 22: NEWS Year 222

2...Next

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    So, here is the Y220 Election Special! I know it might seem a bit crowded with 38 Candidates, but graphics get easier on the eye when the Hood Contacts are all set :)

Am I the only one running elections and having a Council in my game?

Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited August 2019
    Loved the appropriate musical accompaniment in the first video. :)

Wish our elections were as quick! Enjoyed them and looking forward to the next news!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    This was great! I do have a question though: Will this be the same in your other series, "As Sims Go By?"
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    Simburian wrote: »
    Loved the appropriate musical accompaniment in the first video. :)

Wish our elections were as quick! Enjoyed them and looking forward to the next news!

Thanks, music and sounds are fun when editing :)
    This was great! I do have a question though: Will this be the same in your other series, "As Sims Go By?"

Yes, yes - ASGB is based on real sims in my game. So the election definitely affects the next season of the series :)

It was really exciting for me running this election, because I did not know the result until I edited the very last minute of the video. In a way it was live, even for me :)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Don't you think Maxis didn't go far enough expanding the Political career? I'd love a Parliament and representatives and employees of some sort with an imposing building to go with it.
    Simburian wrote: »
    Don't you think Maxis didn't go far enough expanding the Political career? I'd love a Parliament and representatives and employees of some sort with an imposing building to go with it.

Absolutely! It would make for a much bigger goal for anyone n Politics career. Not all Politicians aim for a Parliament, though, but those probably don't climb the full career ladder any way, just like for any career. I see how much more fun it is with the election and that at least some of those sims actually want to reach the Council position. Also interesting how most of them would probably have been rather shocked if they won the full race, so even with 36 candidates there should have bee minimum 2 in each hood :)
    Just letting you know that I just expanded my Sims Residents Registry with a new community section. There you'll find info on each of my Council's 5 departments, with related community rules and news. I have rules on weddings, divorces, testaments, farm rights and a lot more.

This community section will get more info in a while. Right now I'm on vacation, but thanks to many rainy days, I found time to do the programming needed. I'll need to be on my game to add the remaining info + doing some fine tuning.

So - in case you are a nerdy simmer like myself, check it out here :)
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I love your style of gameplay
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

There's new from my game! LOL. The first of two retirement homes just opened, and it seems like a good idea running it on a residential lot with a live-in manager who administrates it all. There are 4 units intended for elderly couples (or singles), and so far only 1 widow moved in. I think this will bring on a different family tie vibe in my game. I mean, my families might forget to visit the elders who live at home, but when old mom or dad stays in a retirement home there is a bigger chance my younger folks will at least invite the elderly sim to join them - or grandchildren might visit the retirement home. Time will tell...

20191002-bon-voyage-a.jpg

Anyway, if you want to read more about my Bon Voyage Retirement Home (love that name, btw), I just posted about it on my blog. The manager will post a total of 5 updates there, and I'm excited to find out how such a place will function.

aprilrose wrote: »
    I love your style of gameplay

Thanks @aprilrose !
    Yay, I'm finally done playing through Year 220 in my game! It feels like this year took forever, but I also did some building and adjustments to my online residents registry along the way.

Anyway - I just uploaded a brand new edition of my Region 12 NEWS. These are quick and short regional news in a TV format. Max 5 minutes, and there might be some ideas for your own game. I had fun this year, now getting ready for next - Year 221 :)

A new full year completed in my game - I just uploaded a new short Reg12 NEWS video covering the essentials.

These days busy implementing University routines. When establishing 4 high schools in my region, I thought I would skuip the Uni pack. But now I have both, so the education possibilities are quite good :)

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Interesting concept. Very inspirational, I love this.
    Interesting concept. Very inspirational, I love this.

Thanks @DevilNDisguise . I actually look forward to re-watch these news videos in 10-15 years, looking back :)
    Hello! I intended to post more here about ideas and projects ongoing in my game, but last few months were very busy - or even abroad. I've focused a lot on a nobility system in my game, and some were already posted elsewhere. Rigjht now there is a brand mew NEWS edition covering my Year 222. And then I'll jump into celebrate 23 birthdays taking place during my Year 223 - phew :)

This is an annual tv program from my Region 12. Each episode includes sections like news, celebrities, finance and family news, and although some featured sims exist in my game only, there are also some names you probably know well, such as Don Lothario and Penny Pizzazz.