Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'd love if the Realm of Magic World had a Woodsland/Forest Lot

SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
Make it a "secret" lot or not, Enchanted/Mysterious Forests are a pretty common setting and home for all sorts of magical or supernatural creatures, including Witches, Fairies, Werewolves etc.
Forests are places that even to the very day exude a sense of wonder, danger, mystery and magic.
Maybe a Public Lot, so our Witches and what not have a gathering ground besides their homes.

It would be really nice if there was already a prebuilt forest lot for some or all the magical things we have in mind with our stories to happen secluded away from the public eye.

Comments

• SimEclipseSimEclipse Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes! I definitely agree!
    I really hope we get a nice, decently-sized world with this pack, but that's just wishful thinking.
    At least we can count on it to be pretty!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes, please! And maybe hide a hidden castle, that when you're controlling a normal sim who is NOT an occult isn't there, and magical kids can go to school there and a hat will decide where they'll be living for most of the next seven years and, a magical village with a candy shop and a haunted house and two pubs and- sorry, I got carried away. I'm a major Harry Potter fanatic.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Yes! I'm also hoping for, however may not happen, like a fairy tale setting. A creepy or mystical forest with a witch living in a hut, and if fairies were there, a magical castle of the Fae. Also would love to see an old medieval style village of simple folk that share superstitions and stories! Finally get some peasant-looking clothes and a roomba made into magic sweeping broom. And by mountsins/hill in 3rd neighborhood there could be a castle! Where nobles and kings reside, and have ballroom with ball dancing (god I really want ball dancing) with rich royalty and medieval style foods. And Merlin wizard situation, where king/queen has a wizard reside in a tower and look at stars, do magic, and be a royal presence to the majesty. Oh and by the woods there could be a strange lake with prince frog in it! Or princess, or generally cursed frog sims, where one may kiss one and find true love. Like, lilypads and frogs, and faery lights. Oh and woods would be perfect for werewolves! I just really REALLY need witches, fairies, and werewolves, also ballroom dancing, old medieval village and castle, and mystical forest. Gimmie already, aaahh.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    A magical forest would be wonderful. I would very much like this pack to have a medieval flavour with clothes, furniture and so forth.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    A magical forest would be wonderful. I would very much like this pack to have a medieval flavour with clothes, furniture and so forth.

I so agree. I think this would be my ideal. I love the dark Victorian world for Vampires, however I truly hope the RoM world is bigger and medieval styled would be fantastic. A dark and spooky area within it would be fantastic, something to warn younger sims to avoid, where danger lurks.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited July 2019
    It'd be cool (and granted, unlikely, as it's a game pack and not an EP) if it was a larger world with, like, three or four smaller neighborhoods.

- A witchy swamp area
    - An enchanted forest area
    - A circus / carnival / faire area
    - A medieval castle area (or maybe just a single medieval-like lot with a castle looming over the carnival area)

I don't really expect exactly that (it'd be too much wish fulfillment for me!), but I think picking only one would be a tough choice, so I really do think it's likely the game tries to split the difference (since it's called "Realm of Magic" and all that) adding a world where they have a couple different themes for different parts. Like, at least two. ("Dark" or "Light", potentially, though I hope that would only be an aesthetic and not mechanical distinction).

I REALLY wouldn't be surprised if they add a world with neighborhoods, but the neighborhoods are themed after lifestates. Like "witchland", "fairyland", and "werewolfland". (I super strongly suspect we're getting werewolves. Not based on much other than that one "redacted" tweet image, but I just think if it were only Witches, it would've been called Witches. That plus the name "Realm of Magic" makes me think it's likely a new world with different settings/neighborhoods could be the theming.)

In that case the witch aesthetic is up in the air, but I imagine the fairies will be something like Silvan Glade hidden lot, and the werewolves might be where you get your forest from.

(In that case, it's also incredibly likely that they will have spread themselves too thin, and there won't be enough objects for any of the aesthetics, but I'm only speculating on what they will do, not if they will do it well.)
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
    I would accept a pack with very little build/buy - and I say this as someone who absolutely loves building - if - and it's a big if - they had fully fleshed-out, multiple magical types. However I do not want to see lots of things and none of it done well, and that is my fear. They have been very slipshod lately and full of excuses when asked about it, and they are certainly never held to account. We almost all want our new packs, I certainly do, so we buy them and complain.

This pack, and a possible farm pack, are the two I most want and I am worried that I have set my own wishes and wants too high for what will be delivered.
    LMcGE wrote: »

I so agree. I think this would be my ideal. I love the dark Victorian world for Vampires, however I truly hope the RoM world is bigger and medieval styled would be fantastic. A dark and spooky area within it would be fantastic, something to warn younger sims to avoid, where danger lurks.

Oh yes. If they doubled up on the size compared to Forgotten Hollow it woulds be perfect.
    LMcGE wrote: »

Oh yes. If they doubled up on the size compared to Forgotten Hollow it woulds be perfect.

Strangerville is a good size, and it's a GP. Plus, I am sure there is more open space in the newer worlds. I know we still have to load in to each lot but the environs feel much more open to me and I think that would be so fitting in both a magical and a farming pack. (I have completely convinced myself we are getting a farming pack now, I'm going to be so disappointed if we get to the end of TS4's life and it never materialised.)
    I think you're right. some of the newer game packs do have more space.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    It'd be cool (and granted, unlikely, as it's a game pack and not an EP) if it was a larger world with, like, three or four smaller neighborhoods.

- A witchy swamp area

Yeah, with a gingerbread house, and baba yaga's house, and a shoe house (obviously that old woman who lived in a shoe was a witch), and a pumpkin house (cos that pumpkin eater guy is pretty sus too).

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • CeltianaCeltiana Posts: 13 New Member
    I would like it to be in a forest setting, but I would also like an enchanted forest area that is part of the forest world, that maybe you have to find .. but with the option to live there too.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    A forest setting would be great!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: