Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Discussion) loading screen be light blue or adjustable

thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
Like title say i bet there is peapole who love light blue loading screens so lets have a discussion?

Edited title to clarify ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Well... see, it's being changed because of a health issue... I don't think they're stopping any time soon...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    From the rules, petitions aren’t allowed here. Also according to a simguru on Twitter the color is being changed to a dark blue color, coming next patch in August
  • thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    this is not real petition this is discussion...
  • ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    There are mods that let you pick whatever color you want for the loading screen. I’d recommend downloading one of them if you’re bothered.

As for health issues, that is a legitimate complaint. Ableist language is not cool & unnecessary.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    this is not real petition this is discussion...
    Then why use the word, petition. 😐🙄
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    Nope, not light bllue. If it was up to me I rather have purple.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    They don't really allow petitions on this site. I like both the light blue and the upcoming dark blue. I would love to be able to switch between the two of them but sadly their doing away with the light blue.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I want the old loading screen in dark mode.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    The whole loading screen business is just a non-problem. People just hive minding and manipulating a big business is a good ego trip to them.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Migraine sufferer here ( though mine caused by bright sunlight and other factors, not the blue loading screen). They are very painful when they hit, and are often preceded by visual side effects/warning signs such as flashing lights/lines across your eyes, and partial vision loss. These symptoms (for obvious reasons) prevent you from doing things like driving and operating machinery, and can be quite scary for first-time migraine sufferers. I've heard the term 'bad headache' used to describe them, and it's a bit more than that, so hopefully I have cleared some things up for those of you who believe people are complaining over nothing.

Apart from migraines, there were also comments on twitter saying the blue triggered epilepsy warning signs. That is a serious concern, and imo, absolutely precedes any visual preference you have for the loading screen. I'm very glad the sims team is changing the screen, and am in strong agreement with removing the light blue screen entirely, as if it is set by preference, there's always the risk of the affected seeing someone's screen/stream/let's play accidentally and unexpectedly. On a personal note, I'm a bit shocked by the lack of empathy I've seen regarding this topic, and would like to re-iterate that changing the loading screen is not for personal preference, it's a health issue.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    @Simpkin Mental illness is not a *facepalm* matter. Feel free to take your stigma on people with disabilities elsewhere.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Umm, my loading screen is red, so...
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2019
    I downloaded a new loading screen because I didn't like the flat colour of the new one. I much prefer how these look https://www.patreon.com/posts/loading-screen-28546085 I just downloaded a blue one so it still feels like Sims 4 but nicer.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

What mod did you download for that?
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright I think I've made myself pretty clear before, leave it out with the bickering and arguing over what is and is not a health issue. The fact is you don't know whether someone has a condition that can be affected by something like this or if they don't. Rather than bickering, arguing and making light of the issue in future just pass it by.
    Hestia wrote: »
    @Simpkin Mental illness is not a *facepalm* matter. Feel free to take your stigma on people with disabilities elsewhere. [
    Hestia wrote: »
    @Simpkin Mental illness is not a *facepalm* matter. Feel free to take your stigma on people with disabilities elsewhere.

Feel free to take your stigma elsewhere
    Migraine sufferer here ( though mine caused by bright sunlight and other factors, not the blue loading screen). They are very painful when they hit, and are often preceded by visual side effects/warning signs such as flashing lights/lines across your eyes, and partial vision loss. These symptoms (for obvious reasons) prevent you from doing things like driving and operating machinery, and can be quite scary for first-time migraine sufferers. I've heard the term 'bad headache' used to describe them, and it's a bit more than that, so hopefully I have cleared some things up for those of you who believe people are complaining over nothing.

Apart from migraines, there were also comments on twitter saying the blue triggered epilepsy warning signs. That is a serious concern, and imo, absolutely precedes any visual preference you have for the loading screen. I'm very glad the sims team is changing the screen, and am in strong agreement with removing the light blue screen entirely, as if it is set by preference, there's always the risk of the affected seeing someone's screen/stream/let's play accidentally and unexpectedly. On a personal note, I'm a bit shocked by the lack of empathy I've seen regarding this topic, and would like to re-iterate that changing the loading screen is not for personal preference, it's a health issue.

I have all thouse simptoms and problems with light ,sun itd..and no one can tell me that ligth blue screen cousing all this simptoms on peapole that is simply not true!!
    They don't really allow petitions on this site. I like both the light blue and the upcoming dark blue. I would love to be able to switch between the two of them but sadly their doing away with the light blue.

this is not truly petitions just discution
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I actually preferred the light blue to this dull dark blue one. It's just a loading screen though and not big deal for me how it looks. :D
  • CatnipSimzCatnipSimz Posts: 18 Member
    I personally downloaded a dark purple loadscreen mod due to the current one being pretty bright. A dark blue or dark purple loading screen in the game would be really nice.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

What mod did you download for that?

https://www.patreon.com/posts/loading-screen-28546085
  • EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member

I have all thouse simptoms and problems with light ,sun itd..and no one can tell me that ligth blue screen cousing all this simptoms on peapole that is simply not true!!

How nice of you to speak for others issues.