Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your sims exercise?

Do your sims jog to slim down? Get centered with yoga? Shoot hoops for fun? Swim, box, climb or spar?

Do your sims exercise? 151 votes

Many times a week. My sims are FIT
28%
mikepapaycikbshag4lvLaBlue0314storyyAlexaiSikoahGraceWritin_RegIsb917Nihmothe1akbSimpkinirishluck1986Hestiaspice3phantasmkissDragonAge_300905LoriTSpSelinaKylesThenyoukissmeannaliese39 43 votes
Yes, but mostly because it's fun
23%
icmnfrshKita5399jeepjeepcatPlayerSinger2010Simburiangothprincess4everpajamajam07TildeLEchovapapertongueSindocatAlbaWaterhouseEvaliynBearpal64EnkiSchmidtHermitgirlStutumBashsync2015loutredorLilMsMystic160 36 votes
When their clothes start getting tight
33%
auroraael14CK213NighteyesaprilroseColorist40AlrynnmcruddLavasm77BloosmooStrangerthanMizz_TriceyelanorbretonAjaGioAmj1995LustianiciaPegasysFroilpoisonedsodapopFelicity1169DoloresGrey 50 votes
Only by accident or if it's a job requirement
13%
GalacticGalSimmervillelisamwittcornflake88friendlysimmerstaydevRavenchAPottsPaulmarch76CrownSimsMondayRae357Evie0602SourJaneSimstulipssimmernerdfashionCatzillaBandakpetewentosGeomango 20 votes
Whaaa? There's exercise in this game?
1%
Bagoas77SimmerMars 2 votes

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    With the exception of taking dogs on a walk/jog, my sims rarely exercise. Course, you never know when a challenge will require an active sim.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    As usual, it completely depends on the sim, but most of mine who aren't fitness or yoga fanatics will only do it every once in a while to stay in shape. I also have very fat sims who are supposed to stay that way and don't exercise at all.
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Most of them do regularly.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Course, you never know when a challenge will require an active sim.

Sometimes I make my lazy sims exercise. They HATE it >:) .
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I send mine to the gym, love the basketball and the rock climbing machine. I have to laugh, most of the gym trainers are fat. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    I make my Sims exercise when they start to pile on the pounds and in my head they're not meant to look that way. If a sim is meant to be bigger then I wouldn't make them exercise.
    Or, if they need it for a job or skill then I'd make them work out
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'll do it if it's in character but mostly I do it for the game play. Like it's fun going for a jog with (or without) the dog. I love watching the animations and how they notice everything. I enjoy looking at the world also and sometimes noticing new things from that perspective. Still haven't jogged in every hood but whenever I get a new pack I try to send my sims jogging to look around that way.
    Really enjoy using the training bot and sparring, also working out to the television .. cute and funny, and yoga is standard for some of my sims. The other tried and true stuff is good too (treadmill, punching bag, workout machine) but I rarely send my sims to the gym. I keep meaning to download a gym or something that has the climbing wall. I don't use it because it breaks outside with Seasons and I'm too lazy or forgetful to set up a safe place for it.
    The new swimming animations makes it not even seem like your sim is excercising... it's just fun to do.
    They've made it enjoyable and I use it frequently..
    egTcBMc.png
  • purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    My sims are very fit and exercise a few times a week.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i rarely use that feature in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Although I only really worry about my sims exercising when they start to get a bit on the hefty side, I do try to get them all to a base of fitness 4-5 before they age up to YA if I play them through their teens. I've noticed they're more inclined to excercise autonomously that way, even without being energized.
    And I do love the sparing bot. I haven't noticed if the Spar interaction (as opposed to the practice fight interaction) is available outside the military career. If they haven't, I hope they free that one up (or maybe add it to a sports expansion pack for Martial Arts) at some point and make it a fitness action. The animation is really well done (especially when both sims have fitness 10)
  • ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    Usually my kids are fat when they grow up, I find especially toddlers hard to feed in a way that they don't gain weight. So once they grow into a teen I usually make them exercise some of the weight off, after that they can keep the shape I want with just watching what they eat.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I usually always do the Bodybuilder aspiration as one of the first.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019
    Well, a few of my sims are fit. It depends on the sim and their personality how and how much they exercise if at all. My main sim though is very fit and regularly works out at home doing push and sit ups, running on his treadmill, and going for jogs around town. He also enjoys other activities like swimming, yoga and meditation, and occasionally visits the local spa for some quality 'wellness' time with a good friend who is also a busy stay-at-home parent like him. When no-one else is looking, he also likes dancing alone to music around the house or with his toddler, which is so cute. He has the Gym Rat and Controlled Emotions traits so exercise is both enjoyable and calming for him. I hope we get dumbbells, bikes and exercise bikes too at some point as he would use them a lot. I also like the idea of sims being able to jog, hike and cycle together so he can exercise more with his partner. More sports would be fun too.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2019
    It depends on the sim really. If it's a usually slim sim that's gaining weight then I will make efforts to keep them as they were originally. If a sim was already carrying a bit of weight originally then I leave them as they are. Other than that I have my active sims exercise cause they enjoy it or maybe just for a career requirement.

I used to love having my sims visit the gym but they all started getting really muscular which I didn't like so I stopped with regular gym visits.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    It depends on the Sim. Active Sims always exercise. Also if a Sim looks fit then I make her/him exercise. Sometimes a Sim decides to have a new hobby and start exercising.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    As a proponent of healthy & active living in real life, it just feels natural to send my sims jogging or to the gym most days of the week.
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    It depends. Some of them love exercising and others never do anything :)
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • the1akbthe1akb Posts: 56 Member
    The character I've played the most hours as is the reigning Ms Solar System. I'd more than happily share pics but the lack of decent skins and poses (male and/or female) for muscular Sims is horribly lacking. Maybe if someone releases suitable tools, I'll put the amazing Miss Shai Sheek on the boards.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Now yes. And most of my mummies get into working out after pregnancy.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I play rotationally, and have an extensive rotation, so it really depends on the sim, but since I have a few that have put on extra weight, I have set them up jogging to keep the weight off. I have some sims who are active, and/or in the athletic career, that like working out. Others work out mainly for their job ((like my astronauts). I have several sims that love dancing. Some like to play sports (basketball), I wish we had more sports. I have an athletic sim that wears a baseball outfit sometimes, and dreams of mitts. I wish they would bring out a mitt and baseball clutter objects for shelves, dressers, or bookcases. The big sports object (with bat and stuff) on the floor takes up so much room. I also wish you could play catch with a friend or a child. One or two sims do yoga or meditation, some swim. My military sim spars and uses the kickbox machine. A few of my more buff sims use machines at the gym. So, really my sims are all different when it comes to exercise.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Yes, they eventually end up fit once I give them the gym rat trait, best fun they can have. I've also started off with fat sims lately so I can put them on a salad diet and make them work out. Fun goal. If only it was as easy in real life. xD
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    My sims that exercise also tend to eat healthier.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Only if it's necessary for their job. Personally, I'm against exercise. Oh, I know what the so-called experts suggest, but I lost weight simply by following WW. I do climb my stairs several times a day, however. So, I'm not exercise free. (My physician would be glad to hear that, at least.) So why would I inflict the 'necessary evil' on my Sims? :*o:):#
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SourJaneSimsSourJaneSims Posts: 15 Member
    I have some health issues that make exercise really difficult so I always forget it's a thing lol! So most of my sims only do if it's for a job or their personality or environment influence them to do it on their own. My Legacy family didn't exercise until I had a few of them pick the goal of losing weight for the New Year and now even after a few of them are still interested on their own it seems
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    When my sims have earnt enough they usually have workout equipment in their homes so they can fit it around their skill and family life activities a little easier than going to they gym. But working out has fun animations (I love jogging especially). It is also a nice way to interact with other sims. My sims often join Powerhouse as much for the fun aspect as the fitness aspect of the club. It is the easiest way to get a sims fun up and do something useful eg. jog on treadmill while watching TV. I really wish there were more "fun" sports and fitness activities for sims eg. frisbee or kicking a ball around together.