March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Studio creativity is...

13...Next

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,142 Member
    edited August 2019
    medium (satisfying but could be improved)
    Another example, the career rewards.

In The Sims 2, we got the Cowplant, Resurrect-O-Nomitron, Obstacle Course, Surgical Training Station, Lie Finder and other fun objects and suddenly in 2006 when The Sims Studio was created, the rewards become pinball, pond, guitar, bookshelf, podium, ... nothing weird.

The Sims 3 and 4 rewards are standard objects without an unique gameplay, nobody remember them.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    low (disappointing)

In The Sims 2, we got the Cowplant, Resurrect-O-Nomitron, Obstacle Course, Surgical Training Station, Lie Finder and other fun objects and suddenly in 2006 when The Sims Studio was created, the rewards become pinball, pond, guitar, bookshelf, podium, ... nothing weird.

The Sims 3 and 4 rewards are standard objects without an unique gameplay, nobody remember them.

It's true, and while they were building TS3 (Sim Studio) to have rewards like Steal Bladder they also were finishing up TS2, with packs like FT which decided wow, these Sims motives are too hard, let's give them rewards (FT rewards) like steal bladder, never hungry, etc. Because it was becoming all about the goals of a game rather than the journey.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    low (disappointing)
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Hestia wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Ok, when it comes to the producers, it's not that bad. Plus, we are the ones who ask for the same themes from past iterations over and over. They are good themes though, and they pretty much go over the most key aspects of life itself. Vacations, working/opening a business, nightlife, apartment living, pets, seasons, hobbies etc. But I think there could be new things tackled by the developers, regarding these themes, even if they are the same. But they don't do that with TS4 usually. Plus....the BG should include some of these by now...like weather or active careers.

As for the art team, CAS and Build Buy.....it's kind of bad. Like I don't want to plum on anyone, but unlike TS4, The Sims Freeplay always gets the nicest designs for clothes, hair and objects. Comparing the two, it's clear the art team for Freeplay is superb whereas TS4 one...not so much. Freeplay is also very aware of current fashions and furnishings and it has a more grounded/realistic approach that I like. While TS4 on the other hand tends to be more childish and loud with the huge thick objects and crazy color schemes for furniture and clothing....

*img snipped*

*img snipped*

*img snipped*

Look how nice their objects are. They look like they were made by an actual designer. Even the floorings and the ceiling wood is amazing. And look how the boutique's check out counter thingy, has a credit card machine, that's so realistic though! And in TS4 we have the tablet check outs that almost no one even uses irl..... I can't even imagine how annoying it would be when the employer to just goes up to you with a tablet asking for your payment credentials irl lol

The world design team for TS4 though does an amazing job, especially as of late. Windenburg, Sulani, Forgotten Hollow even, they all look amazing.

Ugh, I miss having high quality meshes/textures a lot. Even with this art style, meshes with more polys can 100% work (as could snow depth :expressionless: ) The big-blockyness is something I hope disappears with TS5.

But anyway, high quality textures/meshes increase the feeling of progression with our Sims. I think in TS4's case, it's the fact they chose such a big, blocky art-style with some objects and their own decisions to make everything modern, modern, modern that takes that progression feeling away.

Here is a couch that is one of the cheapest you can get for your Sims in TS4. A couch that looks modern and one that you'd put in your own home should not be this cheap, if we are talking about playing The Sims as a game and progressing from nothing to spoils/riches. There really is nothing that looks cheapy/dingy, as there should be.

Psnetgu.png

And then here is The Sims 2, which has a lot of cheaper couches that actually look cheap, too. Here are just 4.

wFkFv1F.jpg

Going from poor to rich in The Sims is a huge part of the game. The developers really need to emphasize that in live mode, and flesh out that journey. They were on the right track with City Living's pipe leakages, rat infestations, etc. and then they just gave up there. :neutral:

This is exactly one of the reasons why The Sims 2 is still my most favorite Sim game from the rest. With the snuggling of couples in the bed during sleep, couches/chairs/etc. looks like they are pressed on when being sat and a lot of other great little details.

O h yeah I do remember that and it showed closeness where in Sims 3 or 4 they might have well slept in twin beds.

??? Couples in TS3 cuddle in bed, sofas, and loveseats too, also when they sleep. They also sit together on the ground outside and look at the stars. It's really cute. They also slow dance. They can give gifts to each other. They can protect and defend other sims they care about. There's lots of interactive choices for couples to show affection to each other in TS3.

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2019
    low (disappointing)

I do remember the fridge with food that never spoils, loved that, took it with me to next generations and never forgot. But indeed, there should have been more rewards like that. The cooking trait (and the career) actually stand out in Sims 3 for this reason. Also because sims without the trait will never be as good at cooking as a sim with the trait. I love that, it’s realistic. Didn’t know Sims 2 had more of that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited August 2019
    low (disappointing)
    Cinebar wrote: »

It's true, and while they were building TS3 (Sim Studio) to have rewards like Steal Bladder they also were finishing up TS2, with packs like FT which decided wow, these Sims motives are too hard, let's give them rewards (FT rewards) like steal bladder, never hungry, etc. Because it was becoming all about the goals of a game rather than the journey.

In TS3, we are provided with so many objects anyway - far more than TS2 ever had - that we don't even need them as rewards. But since you mentioned Life Time Rewards, yes we have rewards that improve filling our needs, but so did TS2, remember?

But TS3 Life Time Rewards not only give quality-of-life improvements, but also give objects as "cheats" if you don't want to make an effort on certain things. There's the Motive Mobile that will max out your needs as you drive to your destination - great for those mornings when your sim wakes up late and doesn't have time to use the toilet, take a bath and eat breakfast. There's the Collection Helper which I TOTALLY love! That will help you find whatever collectibles in the world including sea life and shells/bottles! Then there's the Moodlet Manager which can cure any negative moodlets of not just your sim, but others as well. There's also the Climatron Control Unit to change the weather, Time Remote Control to change the future. You can even get a degree without having to go to university!

I really love Life Time Rewards because they're not just mere objects, of which TS3 already has so much of, they're for improving the quality of life for the simmers. It's also satisfying because you/your sims have to earn them rather than be able to just buy them at any time.

TS2 is a good iteration, but I really love what the devs did and expanded with TS3's Life Time Rewards.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2019
    low (disappointing)
    Cinebar wrote: »

In TS3, we are provided with so many objects anyway - far more than TS2 ever had - that we don't even need them as rewards. But since you mentioned Life Time Rewards, yes we have rewards that improve filling our needs, but so did TS2, remember?

But TS3 Life Time Rewards not only give quality-of-life improvements, but also give objects as "cheats" if you don't want to make an effort on certain things. There's the Motive Mobile that will max out your needs as you drive to your destination - great for those mornings when your sim wakes up late and doesn't have time to use the toilet, take a bath and eat breakfast. There's the Collection Helper which I TOTALLY love! That will help you find whatever collectibles in the world including sea life and shells/bottles! Then there's the Moodlet Manager which can cure any negative moodlets of not just your sim, but others as well. There's also the Climatron Control Unit to change the weather, Time Remote Control to change the future. You can even get a degree without having to go to university!

I really love Life Time Rewards because they're not just mere objects, of which TS3 already has so much of, they're for improving the quality of life for the simmers. It's also satisfying because you/your sims have to earn them rather than be able to just buy them at any time.

TS2 is a good iteration, but I really love what the devs did and expanded with TS3's Life Time Rewards.

Then all my griping over on TS3 to give us some reward objects actually paid off, eventually. JK (But I did complain about that, so yeah, glad to see they added some)> :p

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2019
    low (disappointing)
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Hestia wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Ok, when it comes to the producers, it's not that bad. Plus, we are the ones who ask for the same themes from past iterations over and over. They are good themes though, and they pretty much go over the most key aspects of life itself. Vacations, working/opening a business, nightlife, apartment living, pets, seasons, hobbies etc. But I think there could be new things tackled by the developers, regarding these themes, even if they are the same. But they don't do that with TS4 usually. Plus....the BG should include some of these by now...like weather or active careers.

As for the art team, CAS and Build Buy.....it's kind of bad. Like I don't want to plum on anyone, but unlike TS4, The Sims Freeplay always gets the nicest designs for clothes, hair and objects. Comparing the two, it's clear the art team for Freeplay is superb whereas TS4 one...not so much. Freeplay is also very aware of current fashions and furnishings and it has a more grounded/realistic approach that I like. While TS4 on the other hand tends to be more childish and loud with the huge thick objects and crazy color schemes for furniture and clothing....

*img snipped*

*img snipped*

*img snipped*

Look how nice their objects are. They look like they were made by an actual designer. Even the floorings and the ceiling wood is amazing. And look how the boutique's check out counter thingy, has a credit card machine, that's so realistic though! And in TS4 we have the tablet check outs that almost no one even uses irl..... I can't even imagine how annoying it would be when the employer to just goes up to you with a tablet asking for your payment credentials irl lol

The world design team for TS4 though does an amazing job, especially as of late. Windenburg, Sulani, Forgotten Hollow even, they all look amazing.

Ugh, I miss having high quality meshes/textures a lot. Even with this art style, meshes with more polys can 100% work (as could snow depth :expressionless: ) The big-blockyness is something I hope disappears with TS5.

But anyway, high quality textures/meshes increase the feeling of progression with our Sims. I think in TS4's case, it's the fact they chose such a big, blocky art-style with some objects and their own decisions to make everything modern, modern, modern that takes that progression feeling away.

Here is a couch that is one of the cheapest you can get for your Sims in TS4. A couch that looks modern and one that you'd put in your own home should not be this cheap, if we are talking about playing The Sims as a game and progressing from nothing to spoils/riches. There really is nothing that looks cheapy/dingy, as there should be.

Psnetgu.png

And then here is The Sims 2, which has a lot of cheaper couches that actually look cheap, too. Here are just 4.

wFkFv1F.jpg

Going from poor to rich in The Sims is a huge part of the game. The developers really need to emphasize that in live mode, and flesh out that journey. They were on the right track with City Living's pipe leakages, rat infestations, etc. and then they just gave up there. :neutral:

This is exactly one of the reasons why The Sims 2 is still my most favorite Sim game from the rest. With the snuggling of couples in the bed during sleep, couches/chairs/etc. looks like they are pressed on when being sat and a lot of other great little details.

O h yeah I do remember that and it showed closeness where in Sims 3 or 4 they might have well slept in twin beds.

??? Couples in TS3 cuddle in bed, sofas, and loveseats too, also when they sleep. They also sit together on the ground outside and look at the stars. It's really cute. They also slow dance. They can give gifts to each other. They can protect and defend other sims they care about. There's lots of interactive choices for couples to show affection to each other in TS3.

Okay, (FacePalm) it has been awhile as I an playing am single Sim in Sims 3 right now :D been an awhile since I played an couple in Sims 3. Thanks for jogging my memory. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,142 Member
    edited August 2019
    I hope they will find some ideas for the children soon

In Life Is Strange 2 Daniel can
    • Play zombie
    • Play Hide and seek
    • Sword play
    • Play rock-paper-scissor
    • Be tickled
    • Jump on the bed
    • Play dice game
    • Read comic book
    • Play with model train set
    • Play superhero
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    low (disappointing)
    5 years later and the Sims still have zero personality traits are meaningless emotions are a joke and saying group activities and interactions are poorly done or basically none existent is putting it kindly. Also besides toddlers life stages are a joke there is no difference of behavior from a teen to an elder babies are a bassinet and kids are mini adults with no real unique childlike interactions like in past games like pillow fights jumping on beds or cops & robbers kids need to be able to act like kids not only when they are interacting with an object.

I say the creativity and passion for this game is gone. If The Sims are not the focus of The Sims and the team is perfectly fine just passing off a empty boring active single Sim play careers, recolors, small worlds and a few objects there's a problem.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Points lowered because children can’t do magic.
    wB2Zykl.jpg