Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a World-beta minus DCcache

KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
If I create lots while in Edit in Game mode in Create a World without the DCcache folder (as that's the only way it works for me), will those lots contain my custom content after putting the folder back in when I'm ready to export and install my world? Will I have to recolor and redecorate all those lots?
Thank you!

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    No. It's the same as playing and saving your game without the Store stuff installed - it won't be there next time.

EIG doesn't like a lot of Installed CC/Store after a certain amount of built lots. You'll either need to get down to just what you need in your world or try it this way - https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/737094/only-testing-adding-lots-when-eig-will-only-crash-from-store-limit/p1

It's the only way I got it to work. Everyone else says to limit your store. I wanted most of the Store in my world.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Thanks!
    edited August 2019
    After reading your tutorial, I'm confused. Seems you make the lots in Create a World and then put them back in Create a World again? Just on different layer? Sorry, I'm not understanding....My problem is that I can't use EiG at all with my DCcache folder in place. And when I take it out all the lots currently in the world (came that way) lose the CC and look ugly. I have built the remaining lots in game but I'd prefer to have them in tact in the world.
    I don't think it's possible to achieve what I want. /sadface
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    @KatyFernlily do you mean you're having trouble with custom content, or store stuff, or both?

If you're only trying to use store content, not CC:
    I have no idea if this will help at all, but my EIG was crashing when my mods folder and my DCCache folder were intact. I took out my mods folder completely, and I removed the .dbc files from my DCCache folder (putting both mods folder and .dbc files on my desktop), but kept the rest of the folder intact. EIG then worked for me, and I could still use my store content in EIG. I then exported and installed my world, added the mods folder and .dbc files back, and when I loaded the world everything worked perfectly and the store content still showed up.

If you do mean non-store CC, then I have no idea :(
    Thank you KhemKat19! I believe it's both. I was able to use EIG with a very small empty world so I know it's my custom/store content.
    I will try what you suggested. I guess I'm stuck with just a bit of store content and all my lovely cc will just have to be omitted if I want my lots built and part of the world.
    I appreciate your reply!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hi
    What step did you get stuck on?

* If you can open an empty world with your store/cc installed, you can place lots with my tutorial.

**Also, Clean out your DCBackup folder of all but the ccmerged.package file
    Post edited by Rflong7 on