Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-A-World. Would you pay for it?

A simple question. Do you want a Create-A-World enough to PAY for it?

Create-A-World. Would you pay for it? 156 votes

Yes
29% 46 votes
No
70% 110 votes

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    downloadable for free in both sims 2 and sims 3, so no. something that was included for free in other games shouldn't have a price tag in 4.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    It has always been free for the previous franchises. Why give them more ideas to milk us dry?... it doesn’t make any sense. The Sims 4 in itself is already lackluster in terms of depth, gameplay and content. I don’t want to pay for more if I received it for free in the past.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    But I would never have time to properly play it. Creating a world takes ages. Better modify existing worlds (but less satisfying, I know).
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No, why would I pay for an feature that was free in the other features, Oh wait I had already paid for an feature and is not an feature that now comes with some GP and EP packs, extra Neighborhoods which was also free to do in the previous versions and now I now must pay for the Neighborhoods.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • FitcheurFitcheur Posts: 27 Member
    No.
    TS4 worlds are great : Windenburg, Brindelton Bay, Strangerville, Sulani, San Myshuno.. All of them are beautiful, diverse, and different. IMO, the only bad world is Magnolia Promenade, because it's too small, and too similar to the top district from Newcrest. What bother me the most about TS4 worlds are the lots, not the world itself. I would rather have something that let me builds appartements or workplace (I know there is a mod for that, but it would be cool to not rely on mods...) rather than creating worlds!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Would love a CAW of some sort, would not pay for it. If I had to pay for it I would expect a robust creator capable of doing everything Maxis can do, and it would need to have ongoing support for every future add on. That means making apartments, the swimming water, festivals, every single world feature this game has and any it’s gonna get. That’s a tall order for such a short man, and I don’t think we will get a CAW tool for this game.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited July 2019
    Well, technically you had to buy Simcity 4 to create your own terrain and roads in TS2, but at least there were blank templates for you to use, lol

And no, I wouldn't, because world editing should've been a feature to begin with
    Post edited by icmnfrsh on
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    No, because I don't want it that badly, but it should be free considering it was free in other installments.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I've never been a world builder. But I miss being able to alter the existing ones a bit. I would happily re-arrange the lots and place new ones at the very least. But, I'd be angry if they expected me to pay for it and wouldn't buy it since, as others pointed out, it was free before.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    That it was free before has zero impact on my reply. If making it paid DLC was how it had to happen to make it happen, I wouldn't mind.

But I also probably would not buy it. I never got much milage out of CAW in the past.
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    No, but that doesn't mean i don't want it - I miss this like mad! It has always been free before so I wouldn't pay.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    No. Because we should have had it with the base.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
    To be honest, so far I'm mostly happy with the existing worlds. I haven't even come close to filling up all the lots, either. I think it would take me a good few hundred hours to get to that point, assuming I continue on just one file.

I would probably get it because people are bound to make some really amazing worlds with it that I probably would want to play (I'm assuming you'd need this pack to install new worlds into the game).
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Putting aside all talk of what should have happened, the answer is yes, I’d pay for it. I’d rather pay for content I actually want than stick to nonexistent principles and keep throwing money at content I’m meh about.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Depends on what you mean by Create-A-World.

If you mean design roads and layouts and such, I would only pay for it if it if it was kept up to date in a timely fashion and was intuitive to use.

If it's not going to be updated and not intuitive to use, then I wouldn't pay for it. Like I wouldn't pay for Sims 3's CAW because it is not intuitive to use.

I did pay for Sims 2's "CAW" because it was kept up to date for what functionality it had: just the roads.

If you mean generate a blank neighborhood like all neighborhoods being blank like Newcrest, then I wouldn't pay for that. I can do that on my own.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Only if it was a vast improvement over the previous versions and way more user-friendly.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No way.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    only if it would enable me to use worlds that other people create. I'm not going to make any myself, I don't have the time.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Maybe at the very end of ts4, but I don't find a lot of fun in those kinds of things. Just not my style.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Not to use myself (never did use Sims 3), but as a way to get access to other people’s creations. Free is preferable, but it would be something I would consider valuable enough to me to spend a small amount on.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    This is how I look at it. There are stuff packs that I have not bought because they don't interest me. There are game/expansion packs I HAVE bought to add more depth to the game even though I don't use the main features in those packs. Something Like a CAW I would pay money for. Not only would I make my own worlds to fit my sim stories, but the creative community here would come up with some really amazing places. If my promise to buy it makes it happen, I'm there. I don't expect anything for free.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Absolutely not. I'd put that on a My First Pet Stuff level of a blunder if they did that. I'd want it. Really, really, reallyyy badly. But it's the principle of the thing--I shouldn't have to buy what's already been established as possible in a base game, especially when it was standard in 2 of the previous 3 iterations. To me, that would be like taking out CAS or build/buy then asking people to pay for it. I view it as integral to the base game and the game as a whole. Other people don't care for CAW/neighborhood editing as much as I do and probably don't feel the same--that's fine too.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I don’t know much about it, but from what I’ve heard about it so far I definitely would.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Well, technically you had to buy Simcity 4 to create your own terrain and roads in TS2, but at least there were blank templates for you to use, lol

And no, I wouldn't, because world editing should've been a feature to begin with

SimCity 4 is still an amazing game. I have no complaints that my world builder includes a city simulation game. :P
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No because I don't enjoy building and it would be a useless feature to me.