Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

100 Baby Challenge, Send Help

tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
So I just got my first baby daddy and have been sitting through the pregnancy when it hit me! Where will the all go? Should I give the kid back to the dads to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off their spouses or do I keep them and make the oldest(probably a teen) watch them all in another household?

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2019
    Typically you raise the kids from birth to YA and kick them out at that point (or maybe keep one around to help with household chores/earning money).

Part of the challenge of the 100 Baby Challenge is raising so many kids born so close together as a single parent while trying to find the next baby daddy and wooing him.

Edit to add:

Depending on the version you do you may end up passing the torch of the mother from your initial Sim to another or keeping your initial Sim alive for all 100 kids. So there may be a few kids that you don't end up kicking out if you do the former.
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    You have to keep them in the household until they are YA
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have watched 100 baby challenges on YouTube but it's been a while. There are set rules somewhere. I thought it was meant to be played with aging off. There are milestone goals. Babies have to be babies 3 days. Toddlers need all skills to level 3 or more. Kids need an A in school and have to complete one or more of the kid aspirations. Teens need to have an A in high school and level 3 in 3 skills or something like that. As the offspring meet their goals you bake a cake and age them up until they reach young adult. Then you send them off into the world on their own. Some You Tubers keep track by taking pictures, creating a picture wall and they just delete the newly aged young adult Sim from the game. (population control) If you play with aging on the youngest female becomes the new Mom when the original mom ages to elder. Every 100 baby challenge that I have seen all have some goals. It's not just about having babies and sending them away. You have to raise them.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    The rules I follow are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z7DJgxbyViBnE93PEnBHk6iGSjbWOfoit9xiYPMNM6Q

In those rules, you have to keep every child in the house until he or she is a young adult. That means it takes longer because your Sim can't constantly get pregnant in a household that fills up quickly. If you're just playing for your own entertainment though, you can make up your own rules!

There are a couple threads in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies board if you want the official stuff!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • skygal333skygal333 Posts: 155 Member
    Some tips from someone else going through the challenge
    • It's tricky at first but once you get a groove going, it'll get easier.
    • When you go out, try to meet as many bachelors as possible (download from gallery or use CAS if need be). Once you know them, then you don't need to worry about finding a new person for awhile.
    • Utilize the teens! While you're trying to get them out of the house asap, they'll be helpful in potty training the tots, cooking bulk meals, overall helping out, etc.
    • If you're worried about your sim making money, get them into writing. The books will gain royalities and they'll add up over time. If you want to freelance, it will be fine in the beginning but more babies mean less time to get that writing done.
  • AnisaerahAnisaerah Posts: 26 Member
    Maxing out a matriarchs skill also will give her the capability to mentor her teens.

Reading to children can be done to multiple toddlers and kids at once, and multiple adults/teens can potty train toddlers. Toddlers also build thinking skill by watching other sims.

I triy to always invite the new baby daddy or mama over right after birth for efficiency.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I have watched 100 baby challenges on YouTube but it's been a while. There are set rules somewhere. I thought it was meant to be played with aging off. There are milestone goals. Babies have to be babies 3 days. Toddlers need all skills to level 3 or more. Kids need an A in school and have to complete one or more of the kid aspirations. Teens need to have an A in high school and level 3 in 3 skills or something like that. As the offspring meet their goals you bake a cake and age them up until they reach young adult. Then you send them off into the world on their own. Some You Tubers keep track by taking pictures, creating a picture wall and they just delete the newly aged young adult Sim from the game. (population control) If you play with aging on the youngest female becomes the new Mom when the original mom ages to elder. Every 100 baby challenge that I have seen all have some goals. It's not just about having babies and sending them away. You have to raise them.

Aging is supposed to be on for the 100 Baby Challenge. It's why the main 100 Baby Challenge rule set that people use for Sims 4 has the matriarch being passed down from mother to child as the matriarchs become too old to have more kids.
  • silver_rosequeensilver_rosequeen Posts: 1 New Member
    A little (hopefully not unwanted help)

While your sim is pregnant, venture around town and meet possible baby daddy/mamas. :wink: