September 17 - We just released a small patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac - click here for more details.
September 13 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!

Why am I gettthing "Tuition Fees are intergral parts of our program...sorry..?"

My sim is trying to take an athletic class.He is not enrolled in university and is in his hometown.It is only happening with with sims I create.If I move in a premade sim, they're able to take classes.

I started a completely new save, and created a new sim and again got this message.
This folder is CC free, the only mods I have in are NRAAS mods.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 35,626 Member
    Which mods are they?
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 15,936 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Which mods are they?

Story Progression, Overwatch, Retuner, Tempest, Relativity, Dresser, Shoeless, Master Controller, and all of SP addons.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 19,712 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Which mods are they?

Story Progression, Overwatch, Retuner, Tempest, Relativity, Dresser, Shoeless, Master Controller, and all of SP addons.

It could be one of the story progression add ons.
    edited July 24
    Anyone have any idea which one it would be? I don't mess with the settings in mods.And its so weird, I could place a premade sim just fine and have it work, but any sims created in CAS gets this message.This is a new sims folder as I decided to be rid of most of my CC(It was causing hiccups in my game XD) So I'm running without all that junk clogging up my game.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Is it an EA world?

All worlds
    I don't have access to my computer so can't look anything up. I'll be home in a few days. Alternately you could have a look atvthe NRAAS site to see if you can find the answer. If you have money or career modules I'd expect it to be one of them and I'd check money first.
    Karritz wrote: »
    I don't have access to my computer so can't look anything up. I'll be home in a few days. Alternately you could have a look atvthe NRAAS site to see if you can find the answer. If you have money or career modules I'd expect it to be one of them and I'd check money first.
    I do have both of those I will take a peak next time I play.Thanks
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 362 Member
    @GraceyManor For a minute I took "Shoeless" as a mod to not require shoes... then it occurred to me it's "Shooless". Gotta loooove autocorrect. :lol:
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Blogs: Either on the Sims 3 homepage or https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    *Alejomie for life<3*
  • WainwrongWainwrong Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 26
    Its either because your sim has no money or because he’s skill-less/1st Time taking a class and premades can be assumed to have already been there.

It should let you pay for the class unless they’re too poor
  • KynanKynan Posts: 104 Member
    I've gotten this message when my Sims were too poor to pay for the class. Are you certain your Sims have enough funds to cover the tuition cost?
    Kynan wrote: »
    I've gotten this message when my Sims were too poor to pay for the class. Are you certain your Sims have enough funds to cover the tuition cost?

My sims have 500 simoleons I think the classes are 400 aren't they?
    @GraceyManor For a minute I took "Shoeless" as a mod to not require shoes... then it occurred to me it's "Shooless". Gotta loooove autocorrect. :lol:

Gah, how embarassing! XD
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 311 Member
    I agree with Karritz, it's likely one of the mods adjusting the cost of tuition. Can you tell how much the tuition is when your Sims tries to enroll?
    Firby nurbs!
  • WainwrongWainwrong Posts: 89 Member

Gah, how embarassing! XD

Well some sims don’t wear shoes. I think there are a few in sims 3. Mostly dead sims and toddlers.

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 599 Member
    Penny Pincher went to work shoeless last I saw'er.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 362 Member
    @Wainwrong @Auroraskies lol! I'm yet to see a sim barefoot except when they're in their swimwear.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Blogs: Either on the Sims 3 homepage or https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    *Alejomie for life<3*
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 7,863 Member
    Actually in Sunlit Tides a lot of the sims go barefoot even in their formal wear. That island vibe thing going on!
    I am getting the same thing in one of my games - and it is because they don't have sufficient funds to pay for their class. My sims have always had to have enough money to pay for their classes since we had only the base game and I'd never heard of mods.

Cost of classes do vary but I think 400 is the usual top price. But there are a lot of different classes available now and I don't know the prices of all of them.
  • KynanKynan Posts: 104 Member
    edited August 1

I dunno. Cheat yourself some funds and try. Quit without saving if you don't want to cheat in your game, at least you'll know if that's the cause or not.

I dunno. Cheat yourself some funds and try. Quit without saving if you don't want to cheat in your game, at least you'll know if that's the cause or not.
    I tried that it didn’t work.I gave up and started a new save in a new town