Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Say Paralives Is An Actual Game... (Build Mode talk)

DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
edited July 2019 in Off Topic Chat
Which undoubtedly it is, because unlike the blatant hoax Project Vie pulled, it is believable because it has everything a indie development project needs (established social media outlets, a developer that responds, actual filmed footage of the development). From what we seen from the only available teasing clips, there's a lot of build mode footage. Curved walls, gridless building, resizable windows, quite literal flexibility for construction (like curving corners and vertically walls) - things that TS4 is yet to have . I think it's a good for you developers to start worrying, as these may very well steal some of builder fan base, if the game happens to have all the features or those that are really make-up what it's in the game. Just think about it, how many you heard "I only play TS4 just for the cas/building; there's nothing to do in live mode". Not too often, but not too rarely also. Even when it's very much in its early pre-alpha stage, this is something should be planned before and thought over before the possible 'competitor' becomes huge and lives up to the promises/expectations. It would be quite foolish to skip said opportunity to improve TS4 on that element a bit, but what do you think?

Suggestion to EA: up your game by implementing said things or make better tradeoffs from this possible competitor. TS4 will end up a failure and big proportion will stop playing it.

image0000a.gif
https://youtu.be/41FM7X5TivQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm08XAI55Vk
NNpYlHF.jpg
Post edited by DragonCat159 on

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    The biggest hoax of all would be if this is the TS5 called Paralives, and we all think it's an Indie company. :D;)

On topic, lots of people just use TS3 and TS4 to build and have never played the actual gameplay. This game(if real) should do very well.

About the windows streching. TS3 has the ability to strech stairs in 2009 so I can see how this isn't all that hard since technology already exisited.

ETA; If it's not EA, then why does Maxis leave up threads talking about a game that may or may not be real.

The movement of the building seems to be done in live mode as you can see the wind moving the tire swing, shadows pass over other parts of the building as things are being streched and the wind is moving trees. To my knowledge that should only happen in live mode.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    All I’ve seen so far is a curved wall. They’ve got a lonnnggg way to go if they want to be a Sims competitor because right now it just looks like an iPhone app. I’d rather play Design Home than this based on what you all keep posting.

I wish y’all would post threads about this game in the Off Topic section where they belong.
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The biggest hoax of all would be if this is the TS5 called Paralives, and we all think it's an Indie company. :D;)

On topic, lots of people just use TS3 and TS4 to build and have never played the actual gameplay. This game(if real) should do very well.

:D:D
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    All I’ve seen so far is a curved wall.
    That means you aren't watching through out the gif's end and the two videos I posted below it. Where in TS4 you can't bend the axis of a wall or stretch a wall hole's (window) individual sides.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    edited July 2019
    All I’ve seen so far is a curved wall.
    That means you aren't watching through out the gif's end and the two videos I posted below it.

Oh I saw it all. And everything else looks like a joke. As I said, it looks like an iPhone app. The only thing of potential interest to me is the curved wall.
    edited July 2019
    As I said, it looks like an iPhone app.
    If you're talking about graphics, well the art style is quite similar to TS4 with better graphics/polygon like grass (oh speaking of that, actual legit animation/wind mechanic where grass and tire with the rope sways by the wind). Even in it's current construction mode stance, it seems things TS4 doesn't in build mode. And If you're talking about push&pull, well... my point still stands it's similar element. So I'm not sure how it differs "looks like an iPhone app", since I heard multiple times people expressing TS4 being/looking like a mobile game.
    I wish y’all would post threads about this game in the Off Topic section where they belong.
    The intent of this thread is for developers to up their game, so frankly it's feedback. I describe that the things TS4 doesn't have, are the ones it should have if they wish to keep their some chunk of the player base playing. Even If you are only interest in the curving element, you can't deny it those others I describe are advance than what TS4 is offering. Though I'm sure a moderator will move it against my request, because why the plum not.

NNpYlHF.jpg
    edited July 2019
    The movement of the building seems to be done in live mode as you can see the wind moving the tire swing, shadows pass over other parts of the building as things are being streched and the wind is moving trees. To my knowledge that should only happen in live mode.
    It could be just a shadder. Though that would be cool If simulation ran in the background when building. The problem I only see is Pals (i.e. parapeople) getting in the way building, though that could be solve by reusing TS4-reset method when character walks into an object)

ETA: Oops, sorry for double post.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    You too can build games, this game supposedly is being built with the Unity game engine or maybe this is just what this guy has been trying out in that engine and not really a game. I have no idea, I hope it's a real game but we've been fooled before.

If you want to learn more about Unity and be a beta tester for the engine you can find out more (hear and listen) find out what other features can be added to this engine.

https://unity3d.com/unity/beta
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I saw it on you tube, I think it's real, but it is in progress. Who knows how many changes there might be by the time it comes out? I think a lot of people will want to play it.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I saw it on you tube, I think it's real, but it is in progress. Who knows how many changes there might be by the time it comes out? I think a lot of people will want to play it.

I agree. I also think a lot of people will want to play it. I'm one of them! Not because I want to be, but because EA forced me out when they decided to take out just about everything that first attracted me to playing the Sims in the first place.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I want Paralives to happen and I hope it will be big!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Maybe he's wanting a job with Paradox on the Humble project? At least he's taken one title option away from them. :D
    edited July 2019
    As I said, it looks like an iPhone app.
    If you're talking about graphics, well the art style is quite similar to TS4 with better graphics/polygon like grass (oh speaking of that, actual legit animation/wind mechanic where grass and tire with the rope sways by the wind). Even in it's current construction mode stance, it seems things TS4 doesn't in build mode. And If you're talking about push&pull, well... my point still stands it's similar element. So I'm not sure how it differs "looks like an iPhone app", since I heard multiple times people expressing TS4 being/looking like a mobile game.
    The intent of this thread is for developers to up their game, so frankly it's feedback. I describe that the things TS4 doesn't have, are the ones it should have if they wish to keep their some chunk of the player base playing. Even If you are only interest in the curving element, you can't deny it those others I describe are advance than what TS4 is offering. Though I'm sure a moderator will move it against my request, because why the plum not.

I’m not impressed enough with what I have seen thus far to desire to see more. I do not believe it has the potential to be more advanced than the Sims. I still think it looks like a mobile game. The Sims 4 does not look like a mobile game to me.

This has been my opinion this entire thread and it will not change. We can continue to go back and forth about it and you can continue to try to convert me but it will not work. Soooo let’s just enjoy this glorious Tuesday in peace, eh?
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2019

A lot of people have moved to building only because the game is just too dang boring and a drag to play. It absolutely, 100% feels like it was built by people who aren’t experienced with game design/balance and aren’t sure how to build and innovative within a life simulation game.

I played Two Point Hospital, a hospital simulator, and it blows Get To Work’s Doctor career out of the water. That’s to be expected; it’s a game solely built to simulate a hospital. But The Sims 4 is so incredibly far behind in its elements with simulation design as a whole that it’s so apparent when you play other simulators. Whereas I’m building and managing a hospital, employees, rooms, patients, funny illnesses, decor, etc. in that game, the gameplay of the Doctor career in TS4 consists of following a checklist in the corner of your screen, clicking interactions at specific times. That’s horrible gameplay. It lacks any kind of thinking and even fun itself. Even for an expansion pack feature, they could and SHOULD do better than that.

Really, that’s the gameplay of The Sims 4 in a nutshell, especially with aspirations. Maxis needs to play some old school simulation games (and of course The Sims 2) and brainstorm where to take the series next from there. Facebook games are not a foundation to build some inspiration from with The Sims.
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    edited July 2019
    All I’ve seen so far is a curved wall. They’ve got a lonnnggg way to go if they want to be a Sims competitor because right now it just looks like an iPhone app. I’d rather play Design Home than this based on what you all keep posting.

"Paralives will include many fan-favourite features in the base game, such as:
    Dogs
    Cats
    Horses
    Cars
    Weather
    Small Boats
    Custom house boats
    Diagonal staircases!
    Curved pools!! "

Maybe you should check out the paraliveshub before saying that. This game really does have potential to be big, and frankly, I hope it does. It's the wake-up call that EA needs.

Also I find it funny how a small indie company can do all of that, but EA, with boatloads of money, offers us half-baked, overpriced packs. Imagine if Paralives had the same funding that EA has..... I Iove the Sims, but I don't like the direction it's going.
    Post edited by CrownSims on
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    If real and has what everyone’s saying it has, it’s already managed to take me from ts4. I think they really should start worrying because a good portion of simmers are fed up with EA’s games and would gladly play Paralives if it means getting away from what has become of the sims franchise.
  • DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    I'm really, really interested in how it will look compared to The Sims 4. I'm a builder at heart, so I can't wait to rebuild some of my favorite Sims 4 houses in this new game for sake of comparison.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
    This has been my opinion this entire thread and it will not change. We can continue to go back and forth about it and you can continue to try to convert me but it will not work. Soooo let’s just enjoy this glorious Tuesday in peace, eh?
    My intention wasn't to pick fights or run into arguing (well, misunderstood your "All I've see...), but to share the notion the two games look quite identical (for me at least; I might not be able to tell them apart). But I agree... let's keep it at that (peace).

NNpYlHF.jpg
    CrownSims wrote: »

Dogs
    Cats
    Horses
    Cars
    Weather
    Small Boats
    Custom house boats
    Diagonal staircases!
    Curved pools!! "

Maybe you should check out the paraliveshub before saying that. This game really does have potential to be big, and frankly, I hope it does. It's the wake-up call that EA needs.

Also I find it funny how a small indie company can do all of that, but EA, with boatloads of money, offers us half-baked, overpriced packs. Imagine if Paralives had the same funding that EA has..... I Iove the Sims, but I don't like the direction it's going.

Disagree.

Dogs
    Cats
    Horses
    Cars
    Weather
    Small Boats
    Custom house boats
    Diagonal staircases!
    Curved pools!! "

Disagree.

People said the same thing about Cities Skylines, heck, even The Sims itself.
    edited July 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Dogs
    Cats
    Horses
    Cars
    Weather
    Small Boats
    Custom house boats
    Diagonal staircases!
    Curved pools!! "

Disagree.

Hmm well I do love my Cities: Skylines, just played it yesterday...

What came before The Sims?
  • YouYou Posts: 123 Member
    I don’t know why people are so destined to see this game fail, do people not realize that competition is great for games??? Y’all should be hoping it does well.
    I'm you.
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    You wrote: »
    I don’t know why people are so destined to see this game fail, do people not realize that competition is great for games??? Y’all should be hoping it does well.

Yes. Everybody should be happy about this. Because it seems to me there’s two types of people: the type who are loyal to ts4 and the type who are getting sick of it and are looking to give up with ts4 and move on. However it’s a win-win for both since the loyal members of the franchise will get better content because of it yet the non loyal players can move into a new game. I don’t see why there’s so much complaining.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Dogs
    Cats
    Horses
    Cars
    Weather
    Small Boats
    Custom house boats
    Diagonal staircases!
    Curved pools!! "

Disagree.

Hmm well I do love my Cities: Skylines, just played it yesterday...

What came before The Sims?

Playing dolls/action figures? :lol:

Can’t think of anything that came before The Sims though. It was definitely a genre-defining title.

Now it feels like it went down the wrong path, almost like a spin off, rather than the leader it used to be.
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Competition is good, but a company like EA/Maxis isn't going to take Paralives seriously until we see more development.

The build mode's very interesting, I don't think I've seen anything like it. Aside from the curved walls and resizeable windows, I don't think the other features are even possible in TS4 and even those two are a stretch, I think.

Game's still in a super early state. That said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to check it out. People are skeptical about how it will deliver, but I believe the developer can do everything he says he can. He's gotten a LOT of support in a short amount of time and that will definitely help the quality of the outcome.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com