Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Been a while... how often do you use the 1st person mode?

Comments

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Never cause I forget it's there
    I think it is an unnecessary addition to the game.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Never cause I don't want to/like it
    The first time I tried it, I got motion sickness.

I legit thought they are going to enable VR for the sims with this update. I recently got an Oculus Rift S, and gaming has changed for me. I can't play normal games anymore without comparing it with VR. I really hope they have "VR enabled" in the pipeline. It won't be first-person strictly; it will be third-person still. And you'll say, "well, what's the point of third-person POV in VR, anyway?" To that I say this: normal gaming is like looking through a window whereas VR gaming is like opening and entering through that window (you're in the 1st floor, so you're fine).

Anyway, that's my input.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    I have legitimately never used it. After watching other people do it on youtube I decided I had enough. I definitely get why other people may like it or find it interesting, but it's not necessary at all for the way I play.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I a;ways forget it's there.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Ocassionally check it out
    Sometimes I use it but i don't more often than I do
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I don't like it, I don't care for it, it doesn't fit the game, the game wasn't meant to have it, and I don't use it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I use it when I want to have better view of some situation, or for change of view.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Only in certain situations

Last time I used it I wanted to see how cute Joaquin Lechein(sp) was while he and his wife(looking through her eyes) danced. It was too cute. The time before that my sim was swimming and snorkeling. I really like this feature when I do use it. It's fun to use at restaurants when your sims sits across from another sim.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I just have aha! moments and think what does this look like in first person.. then go for it. I have never tried to play the game this way though for a long period of time. Alien Abduction... let's see. Eating breakfast... let's see. Coocy coo new baby.. let's see. Walking around a new house I downloaded... let's see. Romantic encounter... let's see. Sometimes for screenshots also.
    egTcBMc.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Always forget that thing exists. Never saw the point of it anyway.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    It was glitched for me when it first came out, so I just forgot about it because I couldn't use it. I'll have to check and see if it's been fixed in any patches since then. Totally forgot about it.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I get motion sickness really easily, so I don't use it. However, I'm glad it's there for people who do like it. :)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited July 2019
    I like the idea and I look at it briefly when I remember it exists but I find it difficult to manipulate the sims in that mode so I can only use it after I have queued up a couple of actions for them.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Never. I generally forget it’s there, but also have no desire to use it due to motion sickness. I’ve seen enough simmers use it to know it’s not a suitable feature for me.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I've tried it once, made me nauseous. Never tried it again.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I sometimes use it when my sim goes jogging .
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • LollyGraceLollyGrace Posts: 20 Member
    I forgot it was added in! You’ve definitely reminded me to give it a go in my next game 😊
  • Ilovepigs1Ilovepigs1 Posts: 6 New Member
    Mostly play in this mode
    I don't care for it.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    It's nice to take screenshots with.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• HarleyQuinnGirlHarleyQuinnGirl Posts: 47 Member
    The heck? I didn't even know it was there. :D

Either way, I'd say no way. I pretty much despise first person mode in any game.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    Other (maybe comment?)
    There's a first person mode???
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    Causes too much motion sickness and most of the time also crashes my game or glitches so I never found myself fond of it
    not even for screencaps or vid purposes because I can't have my game crash and glitch at important parts

also never was big fan of first person games anyway there is just something really frustrating about not being able to view from distance
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    I think it is an unnecessary addition to the game.

See, even though it is a feature it never occurs to me to use, I can easily imagine that for some players, it's a tool they are eager to have. There are a lot of features I don't make much use of. Whole packs I can happily take a pass on. That doesn't mean they aren't useful to others.

"Necessary"? Okay, maybe not. But more options are always welcome.
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Dude, with all the work I put into my builds you better believe I'm using first person mode. I love queuing up a bunch of actions and riding along with my sims. That way I can really appreciate all the details I add to my work, and that clutter I spent hours arranging dosent feel like a waste of time. :D
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I have never used it and don't intend on doing so.. I don't see the need for it.