Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My conputer died, now I need to save the world

So my computer died. When I get a new computer, I'll be sure that the first thing I do is install Sims 4.

But I wanted to know, can I get my saved world back? Is it saved on a cloud, or can I need to go into my old vomputer's hard drive and grab my save? Or at the vey least, can I get back old lots I have in my game, but didnt save on the gallery?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017

Comments

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2019
    Depends how your computer “died”. You may not even need a new computer if it’s something like the power supply.

But if you do need a whole new computer, there’s a chance that your hard drive will be fine and you can connect it to your new machine.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    no solutions here sorry but i just had to say i love how u phrased the title
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Ditto what @Simmingal said
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    If you can get it from your old computer's hard drive, then then saves will be in the Saves folder and the lots in your Library will be in the Tray folder. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    They will be on the hard drive! If you will be able to get them back what I recommend doing is zipping up your Electronic Arts folder and putting it on a USB stick! That is what I do. I mostly do it because I switch devices a lot.. and also for safety !
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    If you have the option enabled in Origin? (Origin> app settings > installs & saves tab > cloud storage > Saves > Green for "Yes") Then every save in game that uses the origin service will be uploaded to the cloud storage, so you won't have to worry about losing your save.

When you re-install all your saves will be there waiting to be played again.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    If you have the option enabled in Origin? (Origin> app settings > installs & saves tab > cloud storage > Saves > Green for "Yes") Then every save in game that uses the origin service will be uploaded to the cloud storage, so you won't have to worry about losing your save.

When you re-install all your saves will be there waiting to be played again.

I don't think this works for The Sims 4 games tho, last time I checked.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Bumping to say thank you, guys. Right now I've recovered most of my stuff from my old laptop and placed it in a new one. Once Origin is done downloading Sims 4 (which is taking forever), I'll put the relevant files into my new laptop.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Looks like I'm late to the punch. Glad you've got it sorted though!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€