Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone else irritated that 'Dine Out' is basically unplayable now!?

LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
An issue that has been happening since 'Island Life' was released... whenever Sims go to a restaurant to eat, they keep having their food stolen by other Sims on the lot! :angry: This is seriously infuriating... it might be funny at first, but it gets highly annoying very fast. Also, I've noticed that Sims no longer drink their beverages during the meals either... so that's also upsetting.

Regardless, this essentially makes 'Dine Out' a useless pack... because the central feature is literally broken and unplayable. A pack I (and many others) paid $20 for... and yet, we can't even enjoy the main feature because it's broken.

Meanwhile, instead of fixing this bug (which has been brought up A LOT on the forums), EA decides to go with "rebranding" the game and creating blinding colors... while completely ignoring the fact that an entire game pack is broken... they didn't even bother to fix it in the recent patch, which means we *might* have to wait until August... and even then, there's still a chance they won't fix it by that time as well. This wouldn't be the first time they waited forever to fix a major issue. There have been other times.

Honestly, EA doesn't care... obviously. As long as they make money, they really couldn't care less how they screw over their fans or milk our wallets to death. The least they could (and should) do is listen to our issues and FIX them... instead of giving us things NOBODY ASKED FOR!

EDIT: So, after creating this thread, I learned of two other bugs that are currently in the game as well:
1) The bug that causes Sims to wear completely random and nonsensical accessories while wearing a towel at the spa has apparently returned.
2) The acting career won't work properly (tasks will not show up and can't be completed).
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
Post edited by Lustianicia on

Comments

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes, there are at least 785 simmers ( & counting!) so irritated that they've hit the me-too button on this bug report! (If you have the bug but haven't hit 'me too' over there, please take a moment to do so!) There are 15 pages to that report, & more added daily!

edited to add: observing what goes on over at that forum helped reduce some of my cynicism, as I've been contacted a few times & asked for save-files for diff. bugs.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I do, what also irritate me is other sims can stole my food just fine even if i'm still eating it. But I cant do that when they eat theirs. So I just shift clicked their food and make it spoiled or delete their plate altogether in retaliation.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Bug fixes are not done by the people who handle promotional art.

There may be some overlap with the team who created Stories for CAS.

But I guarantee you both of those were already in development to some degree well before the "food stealer" bug occurred.

So get a grip on "instead of". That isn't how it works.

Also, it doesn't matter how many people report a bug on the Forums, because that isn't how one gets the information to the people who fix it. What to do instead is explained on the forums, however, as well as why it's there rather than here.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/944811/update-on-the-sims-4-help-center#latest

Maxis wants to make good games. EA wants to sell them. Your accusations are rude, and uncalled for.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    It was annoying at first and now it’s even more annoying. Also the acting career doesn’t work, the tasks you have to do before a gig no longer show up.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    It was annoying at first and now it’s even more annoying. Also the acting career doesn’t work, the tasks you have to do before a gig no longer show up.

I haven't done much with 'Get Famous', so I had no idea of that happening... that's also something they should address.

Unfortunately, knowing EA and its history with The Sims, don't get your hopes up... like I said before, there have been many times when the game had major bugs, but they either took FOREVER to fix them... or didn't fix them at all (Sims 3 is a great example of that).
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited July 2019
    I was hoping with the latest patch the bug would have gotten addressed, so Im a little miffed its still an issue. It stinks since I genuinely enjoy Dine Out and I was always sending my sims out to eat. Now I barely do since their food is always being taken. I'd rather not have to wait months on end for the bug to be taken cared of, or else why get Dine Out unless you just want to build restaurants for the sake of decoration?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2019
    Very sure the people that work on bugs aren't the ones that worked on the design for rebranding as there are different departments with the sims studio. :)

I actually haven't had much trouble with the Dine Out pack (compared to a much earlier time when sims just didn't want to sit down and kept getting up way too often.) or nothing that I've noticed with sims constantly stealing food. I never put tv's on restaurant lot's as sims get really distracted by things like that. Saw a customer die of starvation because he didn't get the chance to eat. :# Worse I've gotten is a sim awkwardly sitting on the floor to eat and drink though they were already at the table with someone dining before. Instead of musical chairs they just don't like chairs. :|

I might poke around with some more in-game restaurants to see if the stealing of the food pops up.

I'm fine with waiting for a patch in August as I don't breathe and eat the sims as the time goes by fast between work and everything else. :) Hope they're able to fix the bug that others have reported. Not enough your sim pays for a meal when someone asks them out, but not getting to eat it is leaves a bitter taste.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • latenellatenel Posts: 41 Member
    I hate this bug! I was in the middle of a game play that needs my sim to learn all of the City Living recipes. Now she orders the food, takes two bites and then it is stolen. Super frustrating as she started as a Rags to Riches and has very little money, so her food and her simoleons are very limited. I had such hope with the patch that it would be fixed. I now keep an eagle eye on the sims around her and when they get close to her I reset them.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    An issue that has been happening since 'Island Life' was released... whenever Sims go to a restaurant to eat, they keep having their food stolen by other Sims on the lot! :angry: This is seriously infuriating... it might be funny at first, but it gets highly annoying very fast. Also, I've noticed that Sims no longer drink their beverages during the meals either... so that's also upsetting.

Regardless, this essentially makes 'Dine Out' a useless pack... because the central feature is literally broken and unplayable. A pack I (and many others) paid $20 for... and yet, we can't even enjoy the main feature because it's broken.

Meanwhile, instead of fixing this bug (which has been brought up A LOT on the forums), EA decides to go with "rebranding" the game and creating blinding colors... while completely ignoring the fact that an entire game pack is broken... they didn't even bother to fix it in the recent patch, which means we *might* have to wait until August... and even then, there's still a chance they won't fix it by that time as well. This wouldn't be the first time they waited forever to fix a major issue. There have been other times.

Honestly, EA doesn't care... obviously. As long as they make money, they really couldn't care less how they screw over their fans or milk our wallets to death. The least they could (and should) do is listen to our issues and FIX them... instead of giving us things NOBODY ASKED FOR!

The rebrand likely comes from Marketing, a totally different area from the Extermination Squad (aka bug fixes). It's likely been in the works for several months (at the very least since April, the start of the fiscal year), and they probably decided to roll it out this month since there was no paid DLC planned for July (we'll probably get Moschino in August and Realm of Magic in September to hold with the 6 month schedule And it does take a while to reproduce a bug and figure out the issue --it could be related to the way Sulani residents tend to walk into a Sim's residence even when they're not there (I've come home from beach cleaning to find other Sims using my laptop or reading a book from the bookshelf). They did get the bug where items were sticking to toddlers' hands fixed, so give it time.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    It sure is frustrating and puts one of my households on hold, because they focus on restaurant business primarily.
    The issue is reported in AHQ, all I can do is wait, cursing and swearing won't bring it any closer.
  • huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    For your interest...

These things are often being worked on but giving a constant running commentary would probably take up the time they could be using to fix the bugs.
    Unfortunately, yes, bugs are inconvenient and a bother to us as players, but maybe some patience wouldn't go astray :)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Again, it was there before Island Living.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes, I agree. I can't say it feels great that they are celebrating sims with a new design and a rebrand with such a major bug in the game, even if it is not the developers who made the rebrand.

I wish they could have a way to put out hotfixes when bugs like this occur. Not being able to play a pack that you paid money for for over two months (the bug occurred after the June 18th Patch and they will probably not fix this until August) is horrible customer service.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2019
    I won’t hold my breath for a fix. Add restaurants to the list of lots I can’t play anymore, along with gyms and spas (towel accessories bug).

TS4 has devolved into mostly CAS and build mode for me.
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    It is really annoying. I like taking my sims out to restaurants a lot, especially when they go on dates but now I can't because I don't want their food getting stolen. I really hope this gets fixed with the August patch, but I won't get my hopes up in case it doesn't.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    My sims also need some glue on their chairs :D I'm frequently yelling at them 'Just sit the plum down!'

But keep an eagle eye out for other sims leaving unfinished food and you can get your sim to go steal a plate themselves ;)
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member

@OhMyHemsworth: the tasks *are* there
    You need to 'drag' the three vertical lines on the job box up to see them.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member

I didn't know if that was just my game or not! I was also worried it might have been my UI Cheats mod but I had already updated it and everything else was working. I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue but I'd prefer none of us having this issue to begin with...
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I did notice when I finally had my Sims go out to eat again, that my Global Superstar took his plate with him when he got up. Perhaps, he knew something the rest of us didn't … Somebody came along and stole his girlfriend's plate of doughnut holes, though. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I won’t hold my breath for a fix. Add restaurants to the list of lots I can’t play anymore, along with gyms and spas (towel accessories bug).

Wait... I thought they already fixed the spa accessories bug!? I haven't really used spas in awhile... so I didn't notice. But I seriously thought that bug was already fixed in a recent patch?
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Well yeah.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Dine Out is one of my favourite Gamepacks. Hopefully they can fix it!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member

Wait... I thought they already fixed the spa accessories bug!? I haven't really used spas in awhile... so I didn't notice. But I seriously thought that bug was already fixed in a recent patch?

The fix for the spa towels has never worked.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

It's still there in my game but they wear less accesories now.
    ihavemultiplegamertags