March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wild/fun things to do not pertaining to challenges or Mods

What are some things to do maybe from all the Expansion, Game, and Stuff packs we have? Maybe stuff I didn't hear yet since majority of sims I create are good people. I never maxed out all skills, never used Mods, and don't really care for the challenges. Just want an organized list consisting of updated things entailing all the new updates and additions Sims 4 has now.

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    scientist career in get to work has a lot of fun things to add into your game
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    If you want an organized list, you might enjoy looking at Carl's Sims 4 Guide or SimsVIP game guides!

edit to fix link
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Start a club for something weird that you wouldn’t normally start a club for.

Can you start a bug collection? That would be fun.

Rummage through boxes in San Myshuno or go to the festivals.

Have a hippy type sim or commune where the priorities are eating vegetarian, yoga, protesting, etc.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've been having fun with my 'amateur astronomers' club, which is actually composed of a strangerville conspiracy theorist i'd made playable and all his fellow (still townie) theorists. it's mostly just having them bumbling about in their 'bunker' (basement beneath the strangerville bar...the main bartender happens to also be paranoid, so that helped) and write books about any number of things (vampires, emily the sea monster, the chupacabra, anything i can think up, really) while also making and editing videos about the same. i also take them on trips to windenberg's bluffs to try and get (hopefully blurry...) pictures of emily when she surfaces, and occasionally send them to granite falls or selvadorada to try to spot locals i'd dressed in bigfoot/yeti costumes. it really is silly and pointless, but i really do enjoy it for exactly those reasons sometimes

i'm also trying to have them very slowly bumble their way through the strangerville story, but not sure how far they'll get since i only control one sim and don't want him to do everything

as for other things you can try... you're really just limited by what you can think up. getting outside your usual comfort zone can not only be helpful, but is sometimes fun and can also be rather cathartic

a few potential ideas:

could try to make a single sim that works on achievements you'd normally not care about, like 'woohoo 50 townies', 'outlive (read 'kill') 5 spouses', 'have 10 of your sims die of unnatural causes' , 'befriend the grim reaper' as examples

play an evil or mean sim... some of my favorite sims started out this way, like my evil alien supervillain (who also happens to love family and dotes on his kids, who are just as evil as he is but love their dad, too). could be a good sim to do some of the achievements in the previous suggestion, too

'collect' rare or unique traits on a single sim... some of these can be passed down to offspring, others need the individual occurrence to happen for each sim you want to have them. some of these traits are 'sulani mana' (island living, allows to summon lava boulders from the sky), 'father winter's baby' (have a sim get pregnant from 'trying for baby' with father winter. the kid gets this trait), 'lighthouse conception' (have a sim get pregnant from 'trying for baby' at the brindleton bay lighthouse. the kid gets this trait), 'batbaby' (have two vampires with batform try for baby while in batform. the kid gets this trait), 'half-alien' (one parent alien, one parent regular sim)
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @kalaksed - it's been so long since I saw the sea monster that I forgot all about her! :hushed: Thank you for those reminders! :cookie:
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I really like having elections.

I create several sims and put most of them in the political career, others in random careers (criminal, business, gardener or maid for example) who are going to try to be elected and others in the journalist career.
    I create clubs with the different political parties and choose a few promises they make to the people (pass a law that punishes tax evasion (=money cheats), renovate the park, give $2000 to every YA that graduate high school with an A, open a nursing home,...).
    Then I have them organize charity events and press conferences where the journalists ask them questions and rich people give them money for their campaign. I also try to do televised debates.

Finally the people vote for their mayor/president (depending on the save I play) and the elected Sim receives a budget for the duration of their mandate.
    I use this money to pay the coworkers of the mayor, renovate or build (I just count how much money I used and take it away with a cheat), give scholarships, host dinners, bribe policemen if the mayor does illegal things or keep a part of the money while wishing noone notices.

It's fun as you can create silly laws, have people protest, create bad Sims who pretend to be decent just to be elected, etc.

Sometimes I add a mafia too, it's nice to see how everything turns out. :)
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    You should check out Carl's guide for information on game features you might like to try.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/all-guides.php
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,857 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »

a few potential ideas:

could try to make a single sim that works on achievements you'd normally not care about, like 'woohoo 50 townies', 'outlive (read 'kill') 5 spouses', 'have 10 of your sims die of unnatural causes' , 'befriend the grim reaper' as examples

oops. thats actually list of achievements i get done fastest *hides in the shadows*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    ha, @Simmingal same here (though i did have to redo my achievements after a hard drive failure). i just meant for the original poster here since they mentioned typically playing 'good' sims

many of my sims actually befriend grimmy, he's the life of the party and gets invited to every promotion celebration (singing karaoke duets with him is amazing)
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Exellent thread, will add to my bookmarks! All ideas are welcome for me also. I've been lacking inspiration for playing for quite a while now. Some of the ideas already have made me almost exited again! So thank you guys a lot <3
    origin ID: adduapina
  • DeadInsid3_plur2EDMDeadInsid3_plur2EDM Posts: 44 Member
    OMG I did not expect all these comments, seriously thank you everyone for commenting, I sincerely appreciate it! I figured we needed a more updated thread because I've tried reading old ones that are either incredibly long, not updated, use Modds( not that I'm against them just scared and don't know how to initiate that) or they are challenges that I just don't care for. You guys are awesome thanks!
    @kalaksed your post had me dying lmao.
    @Amandèle I never tried the political career how do I get other sims who arent in that career to be elected or vote? Thats so new to me. Your English was fine I understood it no problem!
    @adduapina I'm glad this post helped I thought it would look empty and feel like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for posting my second thread but it turned out well. I didn't think it wouldn't even get acknowledged so hopefully it stays bumped lol.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I have yet to try fishing and collectibles at their full potential. Somehow I'm not that into those things (though I'm quite the collector usually in other games and irl enjoy fishing). Maybe I should try the new fisherman job that came with IL and make this traditional "bearded wool-sweater norwegian style" dude that fishes and gardens and loves outdoors :sunglasses: . I think I'm off to do that right now! ^__^

Hey guys, you got me inspired! Yay!
    origin ID: adduapina
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I heard bowling is fun for a lot of people, never done it though
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    @DeadInsid3_plur2EDM I either pretend they get votes and keep track of it in a notepad or if I'm too lazy I throw dices to decide who wins.

Thank you! :)
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I play without mods often. So some things I do..

Create your favorite characters from whatever you are a fan of and play out their lives in game like a fanfiction. (It should be something that can translate into the sims somehow). I find the more packs I have the better my sims can express themselves. Like in my Stardew Valley save... Wow now I can't wait for Realm of Magic.. the wizard character from that game can (hopefully) come into his own. Lol.. didn't think of that till just now, so I'm excited. I saw a squirrel while typing huh? Anyway, I can tell you about every character and how I used multiple packs but I'd be writing for awhile :). I'll just say they all have unique personalities and hobbies and whenever I could I'd use something from various packs to show that... it could be slightly skewed of course but my sims world, my rules. If you are a big fan and really inspired you can have as much fun with the set up character/building or finding homes for them as the gameplay itself.

I just started playing in rotation with the premades about a month ago. It is surprisingly fun.. probably because they are usually (very) different than characters I create. I've been playing according to what I see them as through their bio and traits. Adding in stuff from other packs to their households if it makes sense. Some of them have really come to life for me. Like Johnny Zest... he is still a comic but he's taken up bowling. His house is decorated retro/bowling and I've used quite a bit of Strangerville stuff for him also. He's trying to Get Famous ;)..

egTcBMc.png
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    I have really enjoyed reading this thread! Thank you all, I learnt things I didn't know existed! I love this game, there is still so much I haven't tried :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    I don't own IL or Strangerville or they worth the money? I own everything else though @Hermitgirl
    i really enjoy aspects from both packs. they each have some decently unique traits (paranoid from strangerville, child of the ocean and child of the islands for island living. also 'sulani mana' for island living, which enables a sim that gets it to summon lava bombs and help plants grow, but takes effort to get. and infected from strangerville, which takes a little effort to get and does weird things between the hours of 1 am and 4 am or so). and rather nice build/buy items, too (i'm a sucker for vegetation, even though i'm terrible at landscaping...)