Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wants purses, bags, fanny packs, messenger bags, etc. Accessories?

AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hey guys, I noticed IRL every girl and lots of men wear bags of some kind. Backpacks for kids, lunch boxes, purses or go out, or shopping bags, laptop bags, men shoulder bags, hand purses, shoulder bags, crossbody purses. Etc. So many kinds!
I'd love to have a new category in Accessories for these items, that look natural and look pretty. Sometimes a purse really ties an outfit together, like matching blue purse with blue shoes and going out in black dress.

What do you think, should Sims team add them in?

Edit: spelling fix

Who wants purses, bags, fanny packs, messenger bags, etc. Accessories? 57 votes

Yes please! Been wanting them for years.
33%
Goldmoldarredrogue60aprilroseluthienrisingstilljustme2AngellulumlmeadowstaydevsimmerLellaPalmArrowBriana2425KriticalKlownddd994thatsnotswegKaronlogionTodilooParkLisa97SERVERFRA 19 votes
I like this idea, let's add it sometime.
42%
SimburianSimQueenie9Mariefoxprice83PegasysBabykittyjadeJultan3annaliese39mariajane216blockhart93Simzilla_7MagicalZiaBiggieCheeseLollyGraceafai1261ListentoToppDoggDianesimsDreamCytcherPatriceSimmyFroggyjadonbakes 24 votes
Nah, I'm good as it is.
5%
fruitsbasket101Cait_lynpoltergeist 3 votes
No, I doubt I'll use them.
10%
PlayerSinger2010friendlysimmersEmmaVaneLemon405Ilovepigs1izecson 6 votes
Other, I got my own idea...
8%
adduapinaMasonGamerChazzzyAmandèlesofasim 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    “Every girl” carries a bag OP? Every single one?

Anyway, I’d like backpacks. I wouldn’t want anything other than that.
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    only if those accessories were somehow interactive and sims could/would put them down at the coathanger or somewhere. For example they are dressed to go out have a purse or bag but once they arrive inside let's say a restaurant I would like them to put the purse away. Otherwise they'd look a bit paranoid lol.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    This would be cool but I'd like scarves as accessories too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nooo please not another thing I'd have to delete from them in CAS!!
  • Options
    DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    It kinda bugs me that throughout the whole series, the only sim I've seen with a bag is Mrs. Crumplebottom in TS2, and she's not even a playable sim!!!
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    It would be something cute to add at some point I suppose. I could do fine without them tho.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I've been wanting that, double rings for the female sim an engagement ring and wedding band, nails, and pricings like eyebrows, nose, lip, tongue, belly button etc.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    edited July 2019
    I want good styles to choose from, for them to look good while worn (not awkward like the CC I tried), and I want them to phase in and out of "existence" / view when it makes sense. When they're walking around outside (off the home lot only), bag on, most of the time, bag off. Sims can buy bags they like (we need that system back!) and select at a dresser which one they'd wear until/if they decide to swap. They should also have different bags for different categories. Evening/formal, career, beach, etc., or something along those lines.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Nooo please not another thing I'd have to delete from them in CAS!!

You're assuming it would work in a bad way. We indeed don't want a badly made feature, and need better systems overall.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    Cest_si_BonCest_si_Bon Posts: 50 Member
    I was actually thinking that today! I'd like this only if they only wore their bags in community lots - you could add bags to certain outfits in CAS, but they would not wear them in their home.

Children putting on their school bag before leaving for school in the morning would be adorable - and getting their homework out of it.

I wonder if bags could become the new inventory? I'd like to see things such as: if carrying a book in your inventory, you can pull it out of your bag to read in the park or something.
    Sims with "clumsy" trait could drop/spill the contents of their bags. Those with "kleptomaniac" trait could be seen putting items in their bags.

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited July 2019
    I’m thinking that would be a nice idea if they were interactive. For instance if your teen went back from school and put their backpack in their room on the floor. But if it’s like hats and they spend all day wearing them then no.
    It’s really weird to see kids and teens going to school without a backpack. Also it would be nice to have bags as a decorative item (for wardrobes for instance).
  • Options
    MaedMaed Posts: 33 Member
    I set up a marketplace lot for my sims, it would be nice for them to be able to carry bags to and from there like one actually would when shopping. It'd make for a more immersive experience, particularly if they were actually functional. Instead of having items go into the sim's inventory, put them in a bag and be able to take them back out of the bag.

If a university expansion is developed, that may be a good time to implement this. Backpacks/messenger bags/laptop bags for students of all ages. Purses could be an addition to it as well if other types of bags are already being added.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    wearable backpack like in sims 3 university.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    We need more gloves and hats that reslly fit into sim heads.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I wouldn't want them in CAS because townies would be just ridiculous. But, it would be nice if we could buy bags and purses and wear them then put them down. They could also have an inventory :)
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Fanny is a dirty word in most English speaking countries. It's a nickname for female genitals.

Suffice to say, when that nanny was thrown out on her fanny, we were quite shocked.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes! I am here for it especially backpacks, lunchboxes, purses, messenger bags and shopping bags.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    sofasim wrote: »
    only if those accessories were somehow interactive and sims could/would put them down at the coathanger or somewhere. For example they are dressed to go out have a purse or bag but once they arrive inside let's say a restaurant I would like them to put the purse away. Otherwise they'd look a bit paranoid lol.

I'd like them to be interactive where if you click on them the personal inventory opens.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    sofasim wrote: »

I agree about the interactive bit
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Ilovepigs1Ilovepigs1 Posts: 6 New Member
    The only way I would even think about using them probably is if there was a way to interact with them
  • Options
    If we get bags they should definitely be triggered for outdoors only. Additionally, we should also have the option to do the same thing with shoes, hats and gloves.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Movotti wrote: »
    Fanny is a dirty word in most English speaking countries. It's a nickname for female genitals.

Suffice to say, when that nanny was thrown out on her fanny, we were quite shocked.

It still amuses me that Fanny was a common given name for women in the 18th and 19th centuries, usually as a nickname for Frances. It even appeared in the Enid Blyton series The Faraway Tree back in the 1940s, which I vaguely remember encountering back in the 90s, but apparently the character has since been renamed to Frannie in the modern editions. I'm planning to use the name in my Victorian save, partly because it fits and partly because I'm evil and it amuses me. I already gave that family a son with a historically appropriate name the site won't allow me to write (begins with D).
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited July 2019
    Nah, I'm good as it is.
    I wouldn't want them in game unless they were similar to the backpacks we got in The Sims 3 University Life. I could only imagine the added mess it would cause to the townie population if they were put in CAS.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I don't know, just for "the look?" I rather they have a function, and since sims have an infinite inventory, why wear a bag?

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't mind.

What I'd really like better is far better control by Maxis of what you get in CAS when clothing Sims.

Why do they always try to send my Sims to bed with GLASSES on or with silly hats for others? All CAS outfits should have basic clothing and no accessories until you choose to add them.
    Post edited by Simburian on