November 15 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!
November 12 - Everyone ready for November Maxis Monthly? Details here

Feeling Positive for TS4's Future

Comments

  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 267 Member
    Glad you are back and having fun with the game OP.
    I didn't like the game when it first came out, I was in fact very regretful that I bought it. Since around Get Together however it caught my attention and I have loved it ever since. I won't say it is my favorite of the series, Sims 2 still holds that space in my heart and nothing they have put out yet has claimed it, but I do love this one, as I have loved all of them that I have played. I am fortunate that the bugs many simmers are experiencing I don't, though I feel for those that have encountered them, it is very upsetting to have a game you bought be unplayable because of bugs. I am and have been hopeful for the sims 4 since Get Together. They have not put out a pack since then that I don't like, with the exception of MFPS, which I didn't dislike the content, just think it should have been included in Cats and Dogs. I will continue to be hopeful for all future content they put out for Sims 4 and hope it goes on, until it doesn't. Meaning I don't care how much longer it lasts, I would be content if it lasted another 5 years and I would be content if it ended tomorrow, because as the game stands now I feel for me it is complete enough that I could enjoy playing it without anything new added, but if they want to add more new stuff, then I won't say no to that either, as long as I am enjoying it.
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 247 Member
    edited July 27
    I like the game. Sure I get bored sometimes but then again I am used to MMO's where there are other people to play with. The reason my boyfriend got me this was because it would give me something to play when he couldn't play with me on SWTOR. I never played the others so for me it is a good game. All I hear is how this game doesn't have this like (fill in the blanks) but it is like everyone thinks every person playing this game has played the other ones, which is not true.

    I don't know why you would think TS4 would fill the bill for an MMO player such as you. Shouldn't you be playing other multiplayer games instead when your boyfriend can't play? SWTOR isn't the only one around.

    Maybe EA is trying to introduce the idea of MMOs in The Sims series either for this iteration or the next, but they need to accept that the genre just doesn't draw that type of person. Most simmers HATE the idea of having their sim game become an MMO.

    Maybe you just assume what type of player I am which is a wrong assumption to make. Sure I like MMO but if I can also like other types of games, whether you can accept that or not is another story. I have played other another MMO but that one was SWG and it closed. I enjoy building and decorating but I guess for you that is wrong because you have already determined what type of person I am. Thankfully EA (whom is also part of SWTOR) doesn't seem to mind that I play both.

    I seriously doubt they are pushing MMO on Sims as this is probably not the type for MMO, though it would be nice to play with someone, it just wouldn't work. Oh I am very aware of how some simmers hate it becoming an MMO but I am also aware of how some players like you seem to jump down MMO's players throats when you hear that they played an MMO just like you did mine. So maybe you might want to stop jumping to conclusions about MMO players as MMO have varied interest but I guess that is hard for you to accept since you seem to be hating on MMO players.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 547 Member
    zanyshane wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    I’ll admit TS4 has some improvements but really, if you’re only finding hope 4 or 5 years down the line that in itself is a problem 🤷🏼‍♂️

    I find it upsetting we are still getting these types of threads. I shouldn’t have to feel hopeful that this game may take a direction I like, I should be able to trust that they know what they’re doing and are going to cover everyone and I don’t. Their actions have shown that’s opposite for me.

    —T

    The main reason I'm finding hope 5 years down the line is because that's when I have returned! I am sorry you are upset by my thread. My hope for you is that in the next 5 years you find a game which meets your needs better.
    My thoughts exactly. I knew when I played the base game that I wasn't going to really like this iteration of the game. The base game is just that, a base , or foundation, to a whole game. If the base isn't structured well (which I don't believe it is), then the whole thing will fail. If you're still hoping for a better future five years down the line, then you're probably hoping in vain. Things don't just get better in time; there needs to be significant change in order to get things fixed/done right - which, as of 2019, hasn't happened. And adding superficial "stuff" to the game isn't what's needed to fix the lackluster gameplay.

    I'm happy that the OP likes the game. I wish I could say the same because I genuinely love the series. And I don't hate Sims 4, but it's the least impressive one in the series to me.

    Maybe you feel that the game has not gotten better, but I would disagree. There have been so many changes to the base game since release that it is not the same game. Do not get me wrong as it is not perfect by any means. With that being said though, if you already know you weren't going to like it, my guess is that you are determined to continue not to like it. I guess I don't really feel like the DLC is superficial because funny and unexpected things happen in my game. Hopefully whatever gaps they have, either Paralives or a sequel will address adding more depth for players like you.
    I like the game. Sure I get bored sometimes but then again I am used to MMO's where there are other people to play with. The reason my boyfriend got me this was because it would give me something to play when he couldn't play with me on SWTOR. I never played the others so for me it is a good game. All I hear is how this game doesn't have this like (fill in the blanks) but it is like everyone thinks every person playing this game has played the other ones, which is not true.

    This is true. Every iteration is, and has been, quite different. Everyone has their preferences, but I remember since the beginning of The Sims 3, people have had about the same tone. "The game is so buggy that it's not even playable," would be the types of comments to come in all the time. My hope is that, perhaps, some positive outlooks will encourage positive outcomes! :)

    Lol. No.
    I’m not “determined” to continue to not like it. I just want to see things get fixed that still haven’t been fixed five years later.

    There are many things I do like about the game. For example, I feel like Get Famous is not only the best expansion for Sims 4, I feel it’s one of the top five Sims expansions in the entire series. And I love building in this game. I have all main expansions, except for Island Living, because I genuinely want to like the game because of my love for the series, and I want the expansions to suck me in like previous iterations did. But they just don't. But it’s not for lack of trying on my part. I wouldn’t spend 300 dollars on a game that I was determined to not like. That would be ridiculous.

    Overall, as a whole, I feel like Sims 4 is still lacking the spark, or charm to keep me invested. This is the first game in the series that I feel that way about.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 300k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 16 Member
    > @Babykittyjade said:
    > Oh I wanted to add that I honestly believe we would get even more content if it were not for people. Something I noticed recently is that people fly into this massive outrage over any and everything. And they are much more sensitive as well as entitled than they use to be. I believe EA or the sims team or whoever is in charge is afraid of the outrage and backlash so they hold back a lot of things.
    > Burgerlers are just one example. People were screaming its abuse or something. But if I were them I would be afraid too. It's like they have to walk on eggshells not to offend anybody.

    I for one, really don't care for burglars and would be happy if they don't get added. I know some people like them, however, and as a reasonable person, I'd rather work a way to disable it for myself (MCCC maybe?) than complain about getting a feature I know people like.

    I don't think it's about being sensitive or entitled, though - everyone has a different reason for playing The Sims, and a different play style - burglars don't necessarily add to the experience to all the different play styles.
  • the1akbthe1akb Posts: 48 Member
    It's fair to be excited and enthusiastic about the future of the game. They have a huge fanbase that for some inexplicable reason, are not just willing but actually desperate to throw more money at them for content that in all fairness, should have (in most cases) been included in the main game when it was released. Whilst they retain this incredibly gullible loyal horde of fans (which I sadly include myself in) then they're going to continue to work on the game and release content for it. The Sims 4 still has a good few years in it yet - as let's face it, it still doesn't have all the features we've seen in previous installments.

    If we are at all keen to see The Sims 5 and to effect change on how the content is released for it (anyone remember how content-light the base game was), then we should all stop paying for future expansions and make enough noise to be heard so that changes might actually come about. However, with the huge playerbase that The Sims has, let's face it, that's just not going to happen. So we can safely bet on many more expansions, stuff packs etc at ridiculous prices for a good long while yet. The Sims 4 isn't going anywhere and we're to blame :wink:
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,780 Member
    the1akb wrote: »
    It's fair to be excited and enthusiastic about the future of the game. They have a huge fanbase that for some inexplicable reason, are not just willing but actually desperate to throw more money at them for content that in all fairness, should have (in most cases) been included in the main game when it was released. Whilst they retain this incredibly gullible loyal horde of fans (which I sadly include myself in) then they're going to continue to work on the game and release content for it. The Sims 4 still has a good few years in it yet - as let's face it, it still doesn't have all the features we've seen in previous installments.

    If we are at all keen to see The Sims 5 and to effect change on how the content is released for it (anyone remember how content-light the base game was), then we should all stop paying for future expansions and make enough noise to be heard so that changes might actually come about. However, with the huge playerbase that The Sims has, let's face it, that's just not going to happen. So we can safely bet on many more expansions, stuff packs etc at ridiculous prices for a good long while yet. The Sims 4 isn't going anywhere and we're to blame :wink:

    If Sims 4 comes to an end before most of us want it to can we all blame you? ;)
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,240 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    the1akb wrote: »
    It's fair to be excited and enthusiastic about the future of the game. They have a huge fanbase that for some inexplicable reason, are not just willing but actually desperate to throw more money at them for content that in all fairness, should have (in most cases) been included in the main game when it was released. Whilst they retain this incredibly gullible loyal horde of fans (which I sadly include myself in) then they're going to continue to work on the game and release content for it. The Sims 4 still has a good few years in it yet - as let's face it, it still doesn't have all the features we've seen in previous installments.

    If we are at all keen to see The Sims 5 and to effect change on how the content is released for it (anyone remember how content-light the base game was), then we should all stop paying for future expansions and make enough noise to be heard so that changes might actually come about. However, with the huge playerbase that The Sims has, let's face it, that's just not going to happen. So we can safely bet on many more expansions, stuff packs etc at ridiculous prices for a good long while yet. The Sims 4 isn't going anywhere and we're to blame :wink:

    If Sims 4 comes to an end before most of us want it to can we all blame you? ;)

    All games come to end. I don't think re-branding is going to help them. People could stop buying any time they want. Not trying to be negative but one day the engine they have will hit it limit. I am certain they not going to be able to do another 5 years of this.
  • the1akbthe1akb Posts: 48 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    If Sims 4 comes to an end before most of us want it to can we all thank you? ;)

    Fixed that for you - and sure, why not :wink:

    In all seriousness though, whilst I fully believe that we should put our foot down and vote with our wallets, I know for a fact that virtually nobody would actually do that, sadly. Be assured, The Sims 4 will be around for several more years yet.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,780 Member
    the1akb wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    If Sims 4 comes to an end before most of us want it to can we all thank you? ;)

    Fixed that for you - and sure, why not :wink:

    In all seriousness though, whilst I fully believe that we should put our foot down and vote with our wallets, I know for a fact that virtually nobody would actually do that, sadly. Be assured, The Sims 4 will be around for several more years yet.

    I think you are overestimating your powers. Nice try though :) B)
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,107 Member
    edited July 27
    the1akb wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    If Sims 4 comes to an end before most of us want it to can we all thank you? ;)

    Fixed that for you - and sure, why not :wink:

    In all seriousness though, whilst I fully believe that we should put our foot down and vote with our wallets, I know for a fact that virtually nobody would actually do that, sadly. Be assured, The Sims 4 will be around for several more years yet.

    Nah, I think there are a lot of people that are increasingly voting with their wallet.

    I know, for me, I haven't purchased an expansion/game/stuff pack in quite awhile now, and the last ones I bought I waited until I could find at least half off (half baked content means EA gets half compensation). I still love The Sims franchise, and I never thought I'd find myself doing that, but here we are. Until the game gets back on track with improvements, bug fixes, simulation lag gone, etc., I don't see myself backing down from that.
  • zanyshanezanyshane Posts: 57 Member
    james64468 wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    the1akb wrote: »
    It's fair to be excited and enthusiastic about the future of the game. They have a huge fanbase that for some inexplicable reason, are not just willing but actually desperate to throw more money at them for content that in all fairness, should have (in most cases) been included in the main game when it was released. Whilst they retain this incredibly gullible loyal horde of fans (which I sadly include myself in) then they're going to continue to work on the game and release content for it. The Sims 4 still has a good few years in it yet - as let's face it, it still doesn't have all the features we've seen in previous installments.

    If we are at all keen to see The Sims 5 and to effect change on how the content is released for it (anyone remember how content-light the base game was), then we should all stop paying for future expansions and make enough noise to be heard so that changes might actually come about. However, with the huge playerbase that The Sims has, let's face it, that's just not going to happen. So we can safely bet on many more expansions, stuff packs etc at ridiculous prices for a good long while yet. The Sims 4 isn't going anywhere and we're to blame :wink:

    If Sims 4 comes to an end before most of us want it to can we all blame you? ;)

    All games come to end. I don't think re-branding is going to help them. People could stop buying any time they want. Not trying to be negative but one day the engine they have will hit it limit. I am certain they not going to be able to do another 5 years of this.

    But they have shown they are capable of changing large components of the engine at-will. By that logic, that means they can continue to push their limit! Besides, there are plenty of game series which are still-ongoing after almost 10 years (look at Bethesda's Games, for example)
  • zanyshanezanyshane Posts: 57 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    the1akb wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    If Sims 4 comes to an end before most of us want it to can we all thank you? ;)

    Fixed that for you - and sure, why not :wink:

    In all seriousness though, whilst I fully believe that we should put our foot down and vote with our wallets, I know for a fact that virtually nobody would actually do that, sadly. Be assured, The Sims 4 will be around for several more years yet.

    Nah, I think there are a lot of people that are increasingly voting with their wallet.

    I know, for me, I haven't purchased an expansion/game/stuff pack in quite awhile now, and the last ones I bought I waited until I could find at least half off (half baked content means EA gets half compensation). I still love The Sims franchise, and I never thought I'd find myself doing that, but here we are. Until the game gets back on track with improvements, bug fixes, simulation lag gone, etc., I don't see myself backing down from that.

    I do feel strongly that you should pay for what you think the pack deserves. To be fair, I bought a few of my expansions/packs with sales and bundles myself. I am not sure if I feel any of that content is worth the full-price. And to be on-topic also, paying with your wallet as a means of your satisfaction with the game could mean choosing what you wait for to be on-sale.

    But, I did buy Parenthood at full-price and feel that is totally worth it!
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,240 Member
    zanyshane wrote: »
    james64468 wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    the1akb wrote: »
    It's fair to be excited and enthusiastic about the future of the game. They have a huge fanbase that for some inexplicable reason, are not just willing but actually desperate to throw more money at them for content that in all fairness, should have (in most cases) been included in the main game when it was released. Whilst they retain this incredibly gullible loyal horde of fans (which I sadly include myself in) then they're going to continue to work on the game and release content for it. The Sims 4 still has a good few years in it yet - as let's face it, it still doesn't have all the features we've seen in previous installments.

    If we are at all keen to see The Sims 5 and to effect change on how the content is released for it (anyone remember how content-light the base game was), then we should all stop paying for future expansions and make enough noise to be heard so that changes might actually come about. However, with the huge playerbase that The Sims has, let's face it, that's just not going to happen. So we can safely bet on many more expansions, stuff packs etc at ridiculous prices for a good long while yet. The Sims 4 isn't going anywhere and we're to blame :wink:

    If Sims 4 comes to an end before most of us want it to can we all blame you? ;)

    All games come to end. I don't think re-branding is going to help them. People could stop buying any time they want. Not trying to be negative but one day the engine they have will hit it limit. I am certain they not going to be able to do another 5 years of this.

    But they have shown they are capable of changing large components of the engine at-will. By that logic, that means they can continue to push their limit! Besides, there are plenty of game series which are still-ongoing after almost 10 years (look at Bethesda's Games, for example)

    That my point but we can vote with our wallets. I am not going to be paying full price for anything till a few things happen. Just going to stick to older sims games on buying.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,107 Member
    zanyshane wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    the1akb wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    If Sims 4 comes to an end before most of us want it to can we all thank you? ;)

    Fixed that for you - and sure, why not :wink:

    In all seriousness though, whilst I fully believe that we should put our foot down and vote with our wallets, I know for a fact that virtually nobody would actually do that, sadly. Be assured, The Sims 4 will be around for several more years yet.

    Nah, I think there are a lot of people that are increasingly voting with their wallet.

    I know, for me, I haven't purchased an expansion/game/stuff pack in quite awhile now, and the last ones I bought I waited until I could find at least half off (half baked content means EA gets half compensation). I still love The Sims franchise, and I never thought I'd find myself doing that, but here we are. Until the game gets back on track with improvements, bug fixes, simulation lag gone, etc., I don't see myself backing down from that.

    I do feel strongly that you should pay for what you think the pack deserves. To be fair, I bought a few of my expansions/packs with sales and bundles myself. I am not sure if I feel any of that content is worth the full-price. And to be on-topic also, paying with your wallet as a means of your satisfaction with the game could mean choosing what you wait for to be on-sale.

    But, I did buy Parenthood at full-price and feel that is totally worth it!

    Definitely agree with that! :)
  • ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 105 Member
    Here's my worry.

    The base game has markedly improved with updates, to the point where I'd have no problem recommending that someone buy it. It still has a few very noteworthy flaws - emotions really need to be improved and deepened, multitasking needs to be made actually time efficient (turning on the TV should not make breakfast take forever), traits should become more impactful - but I have faith that there are prototype fixes for all these things being worked on. Fix those, take some time off to clean up the game's code, and ideally put more forethought into whim weights so that expansion wants don't get too spammy, and I'm sold.

    However, Maxis programmers have been pretty upfront that they're on tight money and time budgets. They have to move packs in order to get paid, and packs sell based on the content they bring. So time spent fixing up the remaining base game flaws means that corners have to be cut on packs, and there's nobody advocating for taking time off of sellable projects in favor of a massive free upgrade patch.

    I do get the feeling that the sims team does want to improve the core of the game as much as they're able. Things like the quality of toddlers give me hope. But the amount of time and effort that would have to be put into free work makes me wonder how much we can expect to see in a reasonable timeframe.
  • zanyshanezanyshane Posts: 57 Member
    Here's my worry.

    The base game has markedly improved with updates, to the point where I'd have no problem recommending that someone buy it. It still has a few very noteworthy flaws - emotions really need to be improved and deepened, multitasking needs to be made actually time efficient (turning on the TV should not make breakfast take forever), traits should become more impactful - but I have faith that there are prototype fixes for all these things being worked on. Fix those, take some time off to clean up the game's code, and ideally put more forethought into whim weights so that expansion wants don't get too spammy, and I'm sold.

    However, Maxis programmers have been pretty upfront that they're on tight money and time budgets. They have to move packs in order to get paid, and packs sell based on the content they bring. So time spent fixing up the remaining base game flaws means that corners have to be cut on packs, and there's nobody advocating for taking time off of sellable projects in favor of a massive free upgrade patch.

    I do get the feeling that the sims team does want to improve the core of the game as much as they're able. Things like the quality of toddlers give me hope. But the amount of time and effort that would have to be put into free work makes me wonder how much we can expect to see in a reasonable timeframe.

    If the game is really going to last a few years longer, that would mean a sizable number of packs along with various bug fixes and features. Granted, we do not know what the new packs will bring in terms of bugs or features. I am not inclined to believe it is such a tradeoff as you say, but if it is a tradeoff then the amount of time should be an indicator that what is left to come is still significant to the base game, even if a few packs are lackluster here or there.

    They have shown from the beginning they are capable of adding much-needed features to the game despite launching any type of pack at or around the time. Their limits sound more along the lines of how much they can get done at once. I watched an interview between The Sim Supply and Lindsay Pearson, general manager of The Sims. She something like, "We're just chipping away at a long list of things simmers want."

    5 years of chipping has been good so far! I'm excited to see more chipping away come to fruition, for now at least. :)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 18,235 Member
    zanyshane wrote: »
    james64468 wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    the1akb wrote: »
    It's fair to be excited and enthusiastic about the future of the game. They have a huge fanbase that for some inexplicable reason, are not just willing but actually desperate to throw more money at them for content that in all fairness, should have (in most cases) been included in the main game when it was released. Whilst they retain this incredibly gullible loyal horde of fans (which I sadly include myself in) then they're going to continue to work on the game and release content for it. The Sims 4 still has a good few years in it yet - as let's face it, it still doesn't have all the features we've seen in previous installments.

    If we are at all keen to see The Sims 5 and to effect change on how the content is released for it (anyone remember how content-light the base game was), then we should all stop paying for future expansions and make enough noise to be heard so that changes might actually come about. However, with the huge playerbase that The Sims has, let's face it, that's just not going to happen. So we can safely bet on many more expansions, stuff packs etc at ridiculous prices for a good long while yet. The Sims 4 isn't going anywhere and we're to blame :wink:

    If Sims 4 comes to an end before most of us want it to can we all blame you? ;)

    All games come to end. I don't think re-branding is going to help them. People could stop buying any time they want. Not trying to be negative but one day the engine they have will hit it limit. I am certain they not going to be able to do another 5 years of this.

    But they have shown they are capable of changing large components of the engine at-will. By that logic, that means they can continue to push their limit! Besides, there are plenty of game series which are still-ongoing after almost 10 years (look at Bethesda's Games, for example)

    Bethesda's success is primarily from the modding community. What modders have done to the game is incredible.
    I just quit out of Skyrim. I would not be playing this game still if it were not for the modding community.
    I love My Skyrim. I tuned it to a game unique for me and what and how I want to play. It's a different game from vanilla Skyrim.
    DU.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,606 Member
    edited August 1
    zanyshane wrote: »
    Here's my worry.

    The base game has markedly improved with updates, to the point where I'd have no problem recommending that someone buy it. It still has a few very noteworthy flaws - emotions really need to be improved and deepened, multitasking needs to be made actually time efficient (turning on the TV should not make breakfast take forever), traits should become more impactful - but I have faith that there are prototype fixes for all these things being worked on. Fix those, take some time off to clean up the game's code, and ideally put more forethought into whim weights so that expansion wants don't get too spammy, and I'm sold.

    However, Maxis programmers have been pretty upfront that they're on tight money and time budgets. They have to move packs in order to get paid, and packs sell based on the content they bring. So time spent fixing up the remaining base game flaws means that corners have to be cut on packs, and there's nobody advocating for taking time off of sellable projects in favor of a massive free upgrade patch.

    I do get the feeling that the sims team does want to improve the core of the game as much as they're able. Things like the quality of toddlers give me hope. But the amount of time and effort that would have to be put into free work makes me wonder how much we can expect to see in a reasonable timeframe.

    If the game is really going to last a few years longer, that would mean a sizable number of packs along with various bug fixes and features. Granted, we do not know what the new packs will bring in terms of bugs or features. I am not inclined to believe it is such a tradeoff as you say, but if it is a tradeoff then the amount of time should be an indicator that what is left to come is still significant to the base game, even if a few packs are lackluster here or there.

    They have shown from the beginning they are capable of adding much-needed features to the game despite launching any type of pack at or around the time. Their limits sound more along the lines of how much they can get done at once. I watched an interview between The Sim Supply and Lindsay Pearson, general manager of The Sims. She something like, "We're just chipping away at a long list of things simmers want."

    5 years of chipping has been good so far! I'm excited to see more chipping away come to fruition, for now at least. :)
    I think that what EA says is not as interesting/relevant as what EA does. And looking at what is done now: bug fixes, yes, but also no bug fixes yet an entirely new design project nobody asked for. And bug fixes that break again. And new bugs. And packs that seem to be focusing on looks rather than gameplay. And a clear agenda to draw in new players, as opposed to catering existing players.

    I might be wrong about this, my observations are as subjective as anyone else’s, but I’m too old to fall for marketing talk alone, that’s for sure.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,882 Member
    edited August 1
    Change always affects various people differently - where for some of us it is refreshing - there will always be people that detest change - so for me I look forward to where it all goes as long as I possibly can look forward to anything. So far I have been happy with the changes EA has made in the game over the last two plus years especially and like the fact they are gearing up for more - whatever they may be.

    My entire life itself is all about hope and even having a future. I would love to see where it all goes.

    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,606 Member
    edited August 1
    I love change. For the better though. Or for the different. But not for the worse. I also think we'd maybe better stick to how we experience things ourselves and try to word that, instead of trying to pinpoint for others what they like or don't like and the reasons why (detesting is a feeling I only reserve for marzipan and ear wax anyway, not for games).
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,032 Member
    TS4's future, what else is there left to want in a series of this version other than University, Magic? Possibly a farming pack (but you already have gardening) and possibly cars if ever? I don't see what else they can bring to the game after five years that isn't from past games that people are wanting. And I hope they get their school/college pack and magic, but after that I don't see much more they could or should do.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 1,782 Member
    What future? All the game currently is about is the current internet trends.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,780 Member
    edited August 3
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,107 Member
    edited August 3
    Simburian wrote: »

    The majority being object modelers and art designers.

    Because that’s totally what The Sims 4 needs right now. /s Looks like they’re just doubling down on trying to sell more DLC for this buggy game.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 5,662 Member
    Not surprised to see such a gloriously slanted article coming from that website.

    On the positions, they would be exciting if Maxis didn’t already have the capacity to produce plenty of objects/animations. Where are the engineers? Are those contract workers now? Is that why we are seeing literally next to nothing new and just rehashed systems from previous DLC?! It’s ludicrous to say this will change anything at all about Sims 4 or fix it’s problems.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top